Hellion's successor *spoiler*

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
bluemask

Hellion's successor *spoiler*

Post by bluemask »

While there's no explanation what happened to Hellion during the later events of the Gate Rune wars, I'm kind of thinking who succeeded her? In S3 we see Leknaat in a place which seems to be the tower in the Magician's isle. Did she took over the role again?

Also, did Hellion succeeded Leknaat after she took Sarah in? I'm pretty sure Sarah should already be around even before the events of S1.
sticky-runes

Re: Hellion's successor *spoiler*

Post by sticky-runes »

I always imagined that Hellion became the new court magician/prophetess at the Gregminster palace, and she did all her astral conclusions there, so they didn't have to keep asking a dragon knight to go and pick them up from Magician's Island.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Sarah was born around the events of S1 wasn't she?
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

It's a wonder why Leknaat didn't drop them off herself, she managed to drop Luc off at Riou and co's HQ. Bad form!

I think Sarah was born just as the GR War finished.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

sticky-runes wrote:I always imagined that Hellion became the new court magician/prophetess at the Gregminster palace, and she did all her astral conclusions there, so they didn't have to keep asking a dragon knight to go and pick them up from Magician's Island.
Oooh. Makes sense, so Magician's Isle is exclusive to Leknaat eh?

About Sarah, I keep forgetting to check the timeline... Silly me.
http://www.suikosource.com/history/timeline/

457 - Gate Rune Wars End, Toran Established
Births - Juan, Sarah, Goro, Nei, Scott, Edge
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

They should have included Hellion in the Gregminster Palace scenes in Suikoden 2. I know the throne room was already crowded with S1 characters when you go to seek Lepant's aid, but it would have been nice if Hellion came up to Riou and gave him her little oracular speech. Heck, it should have been her who gave us the blinking mirror.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Who knows, maybe she died of old-age. Poor lady... *laughs* Sorry, that was evil of me.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Probably. :roll: Hellion appears to be the only sorceress in the whole world who actually grew to an old age instead of looking like a cute teenage girl or glamour model with a killer rack for eternity.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Who knows, perhaps Hellion was super hot when she was young? Like, in Suikoden IV or something.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Who knows, perhaps Hellion was super hot when she was young? Like, in Suikoden IV or something.

Nope,she was born in IS 388....she wasn't born yet by the time of S4 events

http://suikosource.com/chars/list/?char_id=557

So she is around almost 70 y.o. by the time of S1 events...which makes some sense,since she doesn't hold any TR
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I know Sasarai, I was joking :P

But still, I would like to see her young. Perhaps she's just an EXTREMELY OLD Viki who came back?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Or maybe she's what Jeane really looks like if you take the Charm Rune off.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I thought Hellion was more like an old Lotte. They both wear brown robes and use earth magic.

But I think there's a bit of sexism/ageism going on here. In the later games we got old man wizards like Konrad and Warlock in Suikoden 4, and Levi and Alhazred in Suikoden 5, but no more old lady witches?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I think you're on to something here. There are a few old (in terms of age) female mages, but they are all conveniently young-looking. Leknaat, Windy, Sierra, Jeane, Eresh ... but Hellion is the only old lady mage. Hell, other than Taki, Martha, Deborah (and possibly Silva) she's the only old lady Star. How old is Zerase supposed to be?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well, Raja was a badass, but she was only usable in strategy battles. Zerase, like Jeane, is sensed by Genoh as an old person but they both appear young. So you can only use old male characters to recruit Genoh.