Suikoden I characters are looking older than they are?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
BrucePrintscreen

Re: Suikoden I characters are looking older than they are?

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

That may have something to do with Japanese people being less hairy on their bodies in general?

I wouldn't even fathom the idea of getting rid of my body hair, personnaly. And I'm not that hairy. I have a clean shaved face, though. I don't like that fashion of looking like you're badly shaved: either shave or grow a proper beard, but don't keep that strange half-assed beard! I'm sure Viktor would approve, and Viktor is such a model of masculinity he should make adds for Axe.

Could you imagine?
"Hi, I'm Viktor from Suikoden. When coming back from battle, I like to enjoy a little bath here with my pal Tetsu. And nothing feels better than Axe© HollyBerry Scent™ on my skin."

"Hello, I'm Flik the Blue Lighting, you may have heard about me and my feats in the Liberation Army. To pick up hot chicks like Odessa, there is only one trick: Axe© Flowing Rune Freshness™. Thanks to Axe© Flowing Rune Freshness™ you never lose your masculine scent, even in this is pile of junk that Viktor calls a Mercenary Fortress."

"Hi, I'm Tengaar. And I like real men. You see, Hix used to be so weak and he failed to satisfy me. But now, he uses Axe© Special Fu-Su-Lu Signature™ and he has become so masculine I actually shut up when he tries to speak".
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I could see Axe actually having scents called Fury or Rage.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote: I like men to be men. If a guy naturally doesn't have a lot of hair on his body even in his 30s or 40s, fine, but I can't stand guys who do go out of their way to remove EVERY bit of unsightly hair from their body. We're men. We get hair growing in odd places, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Keep it natural, I say.

As for Flik and Viktor - Flik is supposed to be the pretty boy so he probably wouldn't be very hairy, perhaps just a tuft of hair on his chest. But Viktor is the bear - he should be covered.

I noticed that Pico from S2 has chest hair in one of his pics :shock:

http://suikosource.com/chars/list/image ... har_id=295

I always thought he was the beefcake type.

@Bruce Viktor looks like more a bodybuilder to me....he could make some Schwarzenegger-esque ads :mrgreen:
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Sasarai10 wrote:

@Bruce Viktor looks like more a bodybuilder to me....he could make some Schwarzenegger-esque ads :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5NBihDzmeQ

:mrgreen: