Eresh and Zerase -- Ancient Armes descendant?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Ramza

Eresh and Zerase -- Ancient Armes descendant?

Post by Ramza »

Hi all,

I just finished a two-year-long Suikoden marathon. All games (sans Tierkreis, but including all the new fan-trans'd gaiden games!) ... and right now I'm really wanting more concrete info on Eresh.

The best I can make out is that when the Ancient Armes Dynasty used the Sun Rune to bake the entire Falenan continent, Eresh didn't die but instead was interred. The game specifically says that Ancient Armes is *pre-Sindar* -- which kind of boggles the mind.

So Eresh is stuck in a tomb for hundreds, maybe a thousand years. But when she is freed, guess who seems to just *know* her? Yup, everyone's favorite "we dont' know why she's immortal," Jeane.

So did Jeane witness the events of the Ancient Armes Dynasty? Was she there when the Sindar reclaimed and rebuilt the land?

Same question for Zerase -- she bears the Star Rune (not sure how she got it). But this seems to be the Night Rune's child, in the same way Dawn/Twilight are children of Sun Rune. The mythos behind the Sun Rune and Night Rune departing on bad terms seems to stretch back *before* Ancient Armes Dynasty bakes their continent ... or was *that* the conflict that led the Night Rune to high-tail it out of the continent?

Anyway, I suspect Zerase also bore witness to all this stuff.

Gah, they really just need to make a Suikoden VI, or at least some sort of amazing Suikogaiden III from the perspective of Jeane or Viki or other people who get to transcend enough of time to get a big-picture view of things. :)
KnightOfTruth

Re: Eresh and Zerase -- Ancient Armes descendant?

Post by KnightOfTruth »

Yeah, they really need to make the next build-able library in Suikoden VI to be full of books on lore to answer so many of these questions - some true fan service right there!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

if they ever make a S6 of course.... 8)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

That's one of the things I like about Skyrim - books on anything and everything. Books on history and ancient legends. Books of poetry. Fiction novels. Recipe books, Reports, Tourist guides. NPC's personal diaries and research notes. Plenty of books I can't even be bothered to read and don't give a F about, but having something like that for Suikoden lore would be awesome.

In some ways, we do get more than just the old book volumes because of the newspaper articles and character notes, but more books on history would be nice.