Reoccurring charactersacross games AND desendants/relations?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
kenshindono

Reoccurring charactersacross games AND desendants/relations?

Post by kenshindono »

is there a comprehensive list of what characters span across the various games, as well as any descendants or relations? I'm going to play through the whole series of I-V + tactics and felt like focusing on characters that persist or are tied across the chapters. I.e. obviously Futch is in 1-3 (man i really wish humphrey carried over into III! why didn't he? is he dead by then?). But then there are characters like Emily who is the daughter of Ronnie (both pretty strong fighters), and Lilly is a character from II that grows up in and is playable in III.

Thats the kinda stuff i'm looking for. Is there a comprehensive list that includes that? If not does anyone know what characters carry over and have relatives/descendants in sequels? Im hoping theres some other way than manually going in and making a checklist of every single character in every game and checking for coralations o_O especially since the links on the SIII page dont seem to be working

oh ya and side question for timeline.. it goes Tactics, IV, V, I, II, and III. Correct?
Iesous

Re: Reoccurring charactersacross games AND desendants/relati

Post by Iesous »

There's a sticky thread for the timeline: http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =12&t=9601
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

You can search for a guide by Duke Darkwood in Suikoden 3 section in Gamefaqs.com
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

kenshindono wrote:
oh ya and side question for timeline.. it goes Tactics, IV, V, I, II, and III. Correct?
It goes Tactics (Prologue), IV, Tactics (most of the story), V, I, II, and III.

So you should start with IV imo so you can load your savedata into Tactics.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

tnx for the gamefaqs info. Im cross refrencing that with the stars of destiny info on this site and trying to jot down all the relations. Im up to suikoden III but unfortunatly all the links to III seem to be down on this site.. what gives? Its just names with no links at all

as far as timeline goes, i got the order of the games down, but does anyone know roughly how many years pass between series? theres a timeline here but its very convoluded and i dont remember what wars where where. I just wanna know, like, how many years passed between V-I, I-II, ect
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

To name but a few:

Nelis(5) is descended from Pablo(4)

Shoon(5) was a friend, or aleast acquaintance of Morgan (I)

Anita(2), Belcoot (5), and Valeria(1,2) all trained under Roundier Haia

Emily (3) is the daughter or Ronnie Bell and Mose (1)

Belle(3) is the daughter of Meg (1)

Fred (3) is the grandson Maximillian(1,2) who is descended from Gary and Emma (4)

Sanae (3) daughter of Freed and Yoshino (2)

Ninja Kage is member of Kage (the group) along with Wateri( now exiled) and Ayame

Duke(3) could also be the son of Kreutz (1)

There is also the whole Silverberg family and students (dont have the time to list all the implications of those relationships)

lastly to show how all crazy intermarried the Fanlenas, Goodwins, Barrows were, i once made a family tree for the prince (along with ferid's side of the family) for another thread, but here is the link for the genealogy too

http://www.myheritage.com/site-family-t ... lyTreeID=2
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

hmm I wonder about Duke and Kreutz. I'm assuming you make the connection that their swords have the same name, implying that duke inherited it from Kreutz. However, Duke's Father is dead, while the last known data on Kreutz is that he left Toran. The other problem is that Duke would have been 3 during the Succession Wars, and 10 during the Gate Rune Wars, but you don't see or here tell of Duke, or Nicolas for that matter in Suikoden 1. Also, keep in mind that Genshu also wields the same sword, and like Kreutz, he is old enough to have sired Duke, but again beyond that, there is no obvious reason for him to be tied to Duke.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Hmm... What about Kika? Do you think that Roundier Haia's Falcon Style descended from hers?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

ninjaluc79 wrote:Hmm... What about Kika? Do you think that Roundier Haia's Falcon Style descended from hers?
There is no evidence or article to suggest any connection between Kika and Haia, so would i mention it?

They have the same rune, so what? Genshu, Richard and Kyril all use the swallow rune doesnt make them related.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Well, maybe you're right. The three Swallow rune holders do have runes with the same name, but they use it differently. Genshu uses it with a katana, while Kyril uses it with a weapon similar but not the same as Zidane's twin blade.

I would like to add... It is possible that Hortez VII was the son of Raura by Hortez VI. Anyone?
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Raura and Hortez definitely come from a similar culture, and could be relatives, but I don't remember there being any explicit mother/son connection.

it should be noted that in general there is almost no family connections between suikoden 4 or tactics and any of the other suikodens. I think Pablo has the only confirmed descendent. Whilst Gary and Ema, although being characteristically similar to Maximilian, don't necessarily have any actual connection, although they do end up settling in the Scarlet Moon Empire which is where the Maximilian Knights were formed, so you could at least make that link.

There could be small connection between Kika and Haia, as Haia had to learn the Falcon style himself, likely from someone who passed the style down from kika or whomever she learn her sword technique from. Although Runes don't always matter, the Falcon Rune has a tradition of only being given to people who have studied the Falcon Style, so assuming there is only ever a single Dojo teaching the style at any time, then there is likely to be connection through that to all its practitioners. The same could be said of the Shrike rune, which only Ninjas have (with the exception of Sagiri), implying there is a tradition of passing that rune around to members with the group.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I think Pablo has the only confirmed descendent.
Or should we say, ancestor, since S4 happened before S1.

BTW, may I ask who is/are Pablo's descendant/s?

EDIT: Found her. It's Nelis from S5.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Pablo HAS a known descendant. Not is one :)
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

ninjaluc79 wrote:
I think Pablo has the only confirmed descendent.
Or should we say, ancestor, since S4 happened before S1.

BTW, may I ask who is/are Pablo's descendant/s?

EDIT: Found her. It's Nelis from S5.
Yeah, I did not quite read you. You did say that.
Virande

Re: Reoccurring charactersacross games AND desendants/relations?

Post by Virande »

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, just some additional from my knowledge...

Ace (3) is one of the soldier in Gilbert's group (2)

Albert and Caesar (3) both grandson of Leon Silverberg (1-2) *Caesar is son of George Silverberg, but idk about Albert...

Leon (1) is uncle of Mathiu (1)

About Falcon Rune... my theories are... after the Suikoden IV and Tactics events, Kika (4) got sailing across the ocean with her team, then at some points she pass down the skills to someone, or directly to Haia which is master of Valeria, Anita and Belcoot