Playing all suikodens in order of time

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
SpecialNewb

Re: Playing all suikodens in order of time

Post by SpecialNewb »

Iesous wrote:Now, back to Suikoden. Has anyone ever put forth the theory that the whole numbered series is following Viki. I know that she teleported almost direcly from Toran to Matilda. I think she also moved immediately from Dunan to the Grasslands. I don't know if she immediately went from Budehuc to Island Nations and then to Falena. But if she did, maybe the next installment is just where she'll end up after teleporting away from Falena.
That's been thrown about some I know. What about smarter young Viki? One of the things that I was disappointed in the manga for 3 was that while Futch got asked about Luc, no ever asked Viki and Viki and Futch never talked about it among themselves that we saw. I know she had some dialog in the game when you go against the Wind Rincar but nothing exciting.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Re: Playing all suikodens in order of time

Post by Icegryphon »

I have to strongly disagree with people talking about disappointment in graphics.

It might be because I'm hella old school (I've been playing video games since before the NES came out) or it could be because I played each Suikoden when it first came out. For whatever reason, I just played 1 and 2 after playing 4 and I gotta be honest, I like the graphics on 1 and 2 better. First of all, it looks like they cut a bunch of corners in 4, but also the character design and richness of color and all that are just amazing in 1 and 2. Suiko2 has some of the best graphics of any RPG i've ever played.

The only reasons I'd say to play Suikodens in order of release date are these...they keep improving upon the games. For instance, Suiko1 you can only use 1 rune per person, then they up it. Also in Suiko1 there are no party items, each membre can only hold so much. So those kinds of things are more archaic the farther back you go. Another reason is music. It all starts with the music from 1 so the music in 5 or tierkreis are similar and nostalgic in that respect.

But also, even though timeline wise it's not 1-5, story wise it kind of it. For instance, you learn more about Leknaat in suiko1 than any other suiko. That's where you learn about her, she's just kinda there in the other ones.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus