What did Jimba do with the True Water Rune?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

What did Jimba do with the True Water Rune?

Post by KFCrispy »

i've always been a little confused about what Wyatt/Jimba did for the True Water Rune. we know it was sealed in the Sindar Ruins in the Ancient Highway.. but what's up with the Alma Kinan sacrifice - what was the purpose?

when you find Jimba in the Ruins, he says he was trying to get it back onto his hand. also, the Water Dragon is described in the Book of Beasts the same EXACT way the True Fire Rune's Dragon is described - appears when the seal is broken...

half of the information sounds like Jimba removed the True Water Rune the same way the Flame Champion did... but since he was still ageless and all, i guess he didn't.. maybe he physically removed the rune but did not break the "bond" that Luc describes Geddoe still had with his True Lightning Rune.

but i'm still confused about the whole Yun sacrifice thing.
MaskedBishop

Re: What did Jimba do with the True Water Rune?

Post by MaskedBishop »

I wish i could be more helpful to you... but I cant :( These are actually all questions ive pondered recently during my current re-play through of S3. If I notice anything as I play through, I'll be sure to post.
Black Silver

Post by Black Silver »

KFCrispy wrote: half of the information sounds like Jimba removed the True Water Rune the same way the Flame Champion did... but since he was still ageless and all,
Yes he did this like the Flame Champion but Wyatt/Jimba removed the True Water Rune 30 Years after the Flame Champion removed the True Fire Rune. At this moment Chris Lightfellow is al little girl at the age of 4 or 5 Years. I´m sure about this that the True Water Rune is first sealed when Wyatt depart from Vinay del Zexay, and he never was seeing again!
Admin of Suikoden3.de

don´t punish me. My English is not the best! I hope You will understand!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

If he'd done what the Flame Champion did he'd be dead.

Wyatt/Jimba only sealed half of the True Water Rune away, somehow retaining the agelessness but not the powers or something to that effect. It sounds mostly like a cop-out on Konamis part but that's the way it goes.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

are the information in the manga official? cause the alma kinans said the jimba only sealed half of the true water runers power. he can't use the power of the rune but he will still be ageless. they needed a strong life force like yun to break the seal. well that was according to the manga. i don't know if that was official. since it is konami who gave the story to the illustrator.
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

That's the official story, wether the manga introduced it first or if it adapted it from another source I don't know but that's how it goes.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ah, so Yun's sacrifice broke the seal.
..... so why was Luc trying to stop her and they got frustrated that she succeeded, saying something like "it's gone"??????
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

With the seal intact it would let Luc study it and possibly learn how it related to the seal on Sindar gate and the location of the True Rune and most importantly allowing him to choose exactly when to break it.

With the seal gone all he knows is that the seal is broken and the Rune can be taken away by the creator of the seal (Jimba) at any time and all he's left with is the "possible" location of it that could be a ruse just like the Le Buque shrine.
jbd86es

Post by jbd86es »

About Luc becoming frustrated about Yun breaking the Water seal:
I believe the seals hid the Rune's location. Maybe whoever breaks the seal obtains the knowledge of its location. I also think Yun's death was to serve multiple purposes. Besides protecting the location of the True Water Rune, she became a spirit to mystically aid the 108 Stars of Destiny. I am wondering what kind of connections Jimba may have had to the Alma Kinan clan. He must have traveled there at some point when sealing his Rune.
mikeeecs

Post by mikeeecs »

or might be he often go to Alma Kinan to "help" reproduce of their clan?

jk