Suikoden II Best Ending just doesn't set well with me

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: Suikoden II Best Ending just doesn't set well with me

Post by Wolkendrache »

Thanks, Bruce. Nanami FTW!
Nanami and Gremio were those who did the talk for the hero (just like Futch’s doing the talk for hero Humphrey :wink: ). Even though I also like Gremio, he is not much more than a bodyguard. Nanami has much more facets, and her “weaknesses” like cooking, acting feminine, or fear of ghosts just make her more entertaining, so she’s more fun. The dilemma is: the more facets you add to a character, the more potential you give to either love or hate it. If you’d make 2 polls like “who do like more: Nanami or Gremio” and “who do you hate more: Nanami or Gremio”, Nanami would probably win both.

A character you like is a good character. A character you hate has drawn your attention, mostly by intention. The only really bad characters are boring characters. I don’t hate Pesmerga because he’s too unimportant to hate. Hating him would be a compliment. Many characters have a “hate to love” progression. I mean our relation to Ridley, Kiba, Shu etc. is not really love at first sight, and we’re not supposed to love mercenaries who put our hero in prison, even though we know they’re heroic. As soon as the story gives us reasons we start to love them, but sometimes it doesn’t work, depending on the character and the player. I’ve learned that this “hate to love” progression didn’t work on Chaco for many players. So on the one hand I don’t agree with cws’s opinion on Nanami, but on the other hand I’m not surprised or shocked by it.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
cws

Post by cws »

Nanami just stupid, sucks and useless, why? before Nanami fans come to bashing me, here is why Nanami sucks hard:
The only reason why Riou ruinning away from his fight is because of him listening to that useless characters called Nanami advice of giving up his fight. After leaving
Tinto,Riou and Nanami stay inside a house. When Shu and his parties come to that house, they founded Riou and Nanami to tell those two that Ridley was killed when he was looking for Riou and Riou was slaped by Shu because he want to abandoned his fight but actually is Nanami fault. When Nanami heard that Ridley was killed, she said stupid dialogues such as she has promised Genkaku to protect Riou, she doesn't want to see
Riou keep fighting with Jowy but she has caused more pain and sufferings to Riou and she keep saying sorry and Riou can decide what is best to him without considering her reaction but damaged has been done. This ending need to be removed.

Nanami deserve to be punished. Throught Suikoden 2, Nanami has shown that she is the most ugly,stupid,annoiying,useless character in Suikoden 2. Her dialogue are stupid, she tought herself is very charming whereas she is an attention seeker that will do what ever she can to gain attention, she is a control freak where when she saw Riou with other female characters, she will do what ever she can to stop Riou interact with those female characters.She is naive and stupid where she thinks that by persuading Riou to run away from his fight, he can avoid
fighting Jowy but she is just naive and stupid as her characteristics. Her dialogues are shoot, she keep saying those stupid dialogues throught Suikoden 2 and she will keep forcing herself into the party whereas players can choose better characters other than this stupid character
called Nanami. Change Nanami into character that are choosable and she does not forcing herself into the party anymore. Her fighting style in Suikoden 2 are silly also.

Not just only that, she is a pure coward when come to fighting. Remember when Dunan Liberation Army want to recruit a brilliant strategist and Apple recommended Shu? When they went to Radat, Shu throw a coin into Radat River and told Apple if they can found that coin, he will join them. When they are asking for person that in charge of that sluce gate to close that sluce gate for even one day only, stupid Nanami tell Apple to give up and When Riou and Apple are looking for that coin,Nanami keep saying that they won't found that coin but Riou and Apple does not give up on finding that coin. After Riou founded that coin, that shameless character called Nanami dare to celebrate Riou and Apple success. Shu is just testing Riou. If Riou followed advice of that stupid character called Nanami, Dunan Liberation Army won't recruit a brilliant strategist called Shu and peace will never arrived in Dunan.

Because of this stupid character called Nanami, Eillie doesn't have a chance to express her love to Riou. Eillie are way better than that stupid character called Nanami where she not just only love Riou but she also does not give up easily when facing obstacles. When Riou and Muse survivor reached North Window Castle, they are facing a lot of troubles yet Eillie tell them Riou does not give up and non of them should give up either. Based on this only, Eillie are way better than that stupid Nanami that only know to become attention seeker, saying stupid dialogues over and over again, a coward that only know to run when facing trouble. Riou should be having a relationship together with Eillie.

Everything about Nanami sucks, her hairstyle sucks, her face ugly, her dress style sucks, her fighting styles are hideous, her dialogue sucks hard, she is an useless coward.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Dude, every comment you’ve given on the suikosource boards so far is about hating and bashing Nanami. You’re so emotional about her that you’re not open to rational reasons for not hating her. I love when you say “before Nanami fans come to bashing me, here is why Nanami sucks hard: …”, it means as much as “hold off bashing me, let me bash Nanami first”. It also tells us that you already have some experience in spreading hate rants against Nanami, as well as in consequently being bashed by entire Suikoden communities. Everything you’ve said so far “sucks hard”, not Nanami.
cws wrote:that stupid Nanami that only know to become attention seeker, saying stupid dialogues over and over again, a coward
Please don’t turn into the Nanami you describe.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

When you spend so much text bashing a fictional secondary character in a twenty year old videogames you may have deep emotional issues.

Did your daddy beat the shoot out of you while you were playing the Tinto arc or something?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Can we get rid of Crusty Wank Sock now, please? He's getting boring.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

i hate Nanami as well (too annoying imo) but this guy went too far :P
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Sasarai10 wrote:i hate Nanami as well (too annoying imo) but this guy went too far :P
Yeah, he deserves to be punished, his private conversations exposed to the public for them to loathe him, then banish him, jail him away from his loved ones, and repeat him endlessly that all the people he held dear in life were bitches. This way next tieme he'll think twice before expressing feelings.
cws

Post by cws »

BrucePrintscreen, just because I have different opinion on Nanami, does mean that you need to personally attack me?Why do you keep ignoring the fact that Nanami are not as good you think you are? She does play a part in influencing best ending of Suikoden 2 where she keep telling Riou to give up on his fight of leading Dunan Liberation Army to peace. After achieving peace, Riou leave with Jowy and Nanami and throw away things he fight from his effort if achieving peace,he would have lead Dunan to achieve glory if not because he had to consider for Nanami opinion. Even Jowy told Riou to end his misery by killing him and achieve peace un Dunan where they fought hardly.

Jowy think of Riou future but what did Nanami ever did? She keep telling Riou to run away from his fight and she haven't help Riou in his fight at all. All she did are just becoming attention seeker,stop Riou from interacting wiht other females characters. Remember when Eillie talk to Riou and Nanami immediately got angry because she think no female can lay their hand on Riou other than herself since is such a control freak.Please bear in mind that this topic is about Suikoden 2 best ending doesn't seems right and Nanami characteristics does influence best ending as well as entire game. Without her around,Suikoden 2 can be more interesting and Riou already become Dunan leader and lead Dunan to glory.Please stop attacking peoples that have different opinion that your opinions
Virande

Post by Virande »

Riou's ending quote "To him, the smiles of Jowy and Nanami are his greatest treasures." that's the only reason...
Just imagine as an orphan, and he meet with Nanami and Jowy who always stands for him from their childhood and they are really close one to another... It surely build his thought about Nanami and Jowy.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Virande wrote:Riou's ending quote "To him, the smiles of Jowy and Nanami are his greatest treasures." that's the only reason...
Just imagine as an orphan, and he meet with Nanami and Jowy who always stands for him from their childhood and they are really close one to another... It surely build his thought about Nanami and Jowy.
Yup,i believe Riou would rather travel the world along with Jowy and Nanami,instead of running a country. He didn't enjoy much being a leader i believe,but he did it cause he had to do it,or his Rune told him to. So him running a new country's a "bad" ending indeed :|
Pen

Post by Pen »

I like Nanami, and, to be honest, I actually forgive Jowy for all he did. People look at Jowy way too much with Black and White mentality, but he had to do what he had to do.

Shu said himself, without Riou AND JOWY this war won't have ended. The two were important for the creation of the Dunan Nation in swift and less problematic way possible.

Now in Nanami case, she say to Riou to run away because she don't want Riou and Jowy to fight. She can't bear the thought of each one killing themselves. It's very simple to understand: Nanami don't like and don't understands how war works, and she don't want to. She thinks either war is useless, or all wars can be solved with the leaders just "shaking hands and forget everything". For her, Riou and Jowy are just children who are being forced by the adults to kill each other.

Remember guys: Not everyone, even in real life, are people who view war as a way to brings peace. For Nanami, war only bring bad things, and the proof of that is that the war made the two people she loves most, her friends Riou and Jowy, to fight to death. So it's not hard understand why Nanami would choose to get away from the conflict. She is not a hard character to understand.
Virande

Post by Virande »

Pen wrote:Now in Nanami case, she say to Riou to run away because she don't want Riou and Jowy to fight. She can't bear the thought of each one killing themselves. It's very simple to understand: Nanami don't like and don't understands how war works, and she don't want to. She thinks either war is useless, or all wars can be solved with the leaders just "shaking hands and forget everything". For her, Riou and Jowy are just children who are being forced by the adults to kill each other.
I think Nanami have a greater thought about that... Yeah, Nanami doesn't know war that much, but she knows Riou very well, Nanami wants Riou to think that she's gone... to make him think further, if he continue fight Jowy, and he killed Jowy, he's gonna be all alone again, just like the first time he become an orphan... She wants Riou to think like this when he meets Jowy : "Jowy, both you and Nanami is my greatest treasure in my life... I already lose Nanami, and i can't lose you too... I won't fight you, Jowy..."
El_Nombre

Post by El_Nombre »

My god, these cws posts are single-handedly the funniest things I have read on this forum. His post history should be stickied for posterity.
suikobajan

Re:

Post by suikobajan »

Falenan_descent wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:58 am Well put it this way :P

Since Riou is supposed to be you and is meant to act how you would wanna act. Thus the whole silent protagonist thing...

If you don't like it then just kill Jowy in the duel :P Plain and simple. Lol. Us compassionate people really wanted to forgive Jowy because we knew that he wasn't REALLY a traitor. Just didn't think that Riou could do what Jowy was gonna do. ANd wanted to save his best friend from that. Kinda like Sialeeds.
Im compassionate, and no i don't agree with that Jowy wasn't a traitor. He was most definitely a traitor and despicable person all together. He even tried to trap Riou with a conference where he basically said surrender or die. He was flat out unredeemable with all the disgusting things he did numerous times. All that he did it for the greater good stuff i don't buy neither. He did it so Highland would win and he would rule. Jowy deserved the fate he put on many others which is death.
suikobajan

Post by suikobajan »

Jowy deserved death. He should not just run off in the sunlight after doing so many nasty things and causing so much chaos and death