the strongest true rune so far?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Hirathien

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Post by Hirathien »

The actual volcano is earth, the rest is kind of a mix.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

I think The Sun Rune & the rune of Punishment,

Both of it have a MAJOR,Massive lightning strike from above &
it can deal to the personal itself also, i mean not like luc's nightmares n visions..

Sun Rune: Change Personality like the queen of falenas, it's so powerfull so it have be tamed by 2 true runes.

Punishment: the holder of the rune it'll die, devour his/her own soul
Chaos will suit me just fine
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Sovereign is immune to all magic, if Luca Blight use it, he will be almost immortal ( oh wait, he will not age if he bears a True Rune )
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

yuberluc wrote: Sun Rune: Change Personality like the queen of falenas, it's so powerfull so it have be tamed by 2 true runes.
The Dawn and Twilight Runes are not true runes.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

is it? as far as i know both are true runes..
well true runes or not, the sun runes still have to be tamed by these 2 runes..
there's no other true runes like that right??
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I should think that every true rune has a counter(known or unknown), whether it be another true rune(sword and shield), the other half of itself(gate rune), or derivative runes(sun rune vs twilight and dawn), or some combination thereof. the 27 trues are always in balance that way, and thus the world doesn't fall into complete order or disorder(unless Luc's prediction is right of course)
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

There are 4 ranks.

True Rune ( the 27 )
Unique Rune ( Star, Dawn and Twilight Runes )
Superior Runes ( Thunder, Rage, etc )
Normal Runes ( the rest )
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

All True Runes are equal in power. However, power doesn't mean "how big of an explosion it can create." It only means what influence it exerts onto the world. In the case of the Sun Rune, it tends to show it's power violently, and it's strong will makes it hard to control, requiring the Dawn and Twilight Runes. One can argue that the Sun Rune isn't all that great of a rune because of how unstable it is.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

So by this subject is not about power then?
in that case maybe the strongest rune is the rune of beginning, since this true runes were the creator of all runes.. and the must curse one is the rune of punishment if u talking about influence or the effect to the owner or the world.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Talking about destruction maybe the Beast, Sun and Punishmente rune are the best, but if its about controlled destruction I think the rune of Punishment really beats all.

That rune can destroy lots of ship from a great distance only thinking of it, and if you had the 108 stars, you dont get hurt at all.
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

All True Runes are balanced in power. The Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes are not True Runes, they combine to form a True Rune, Rune of Beginning. The Rune of Beginning has the power to turn the tide of war, but not all other True Runes come from it.

And if you're judging the strength of a True Rune based on destructive power, that is also irrelevant. Mazus and Crowley destroyed acres of land much like the True Fire Rune, and created the Badlands without the aid of True Runes at all. So, sheer destructive ability should not reflect which True Rune is most powerful.

One True Rune can't surpass the other. The Suikoden World would unravel, in a sense, if this was possible. You have to look at the individual bearers of the True Runes to really discuss strength. All True Runes have unimaginable abilities, but the bearer is the one, the conduit to which these True Runes manifest their abilities. If the bearer is unworthy, then a True Rune cannot reveal its true abilities. So, the real question here should be, which bearer had the best ability to manifest the power of the True Rune they were host for.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

That's a very good point. If a bearer of a True Rune has poor mastery over his or her true rune, you won't be able to match the skill of a powerful sorcerer who might only be using a fire rune.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

The Prophet wrote:
One True Rune can't surpass the other. The Suikoden World would unravel, in a sense, if this was possible. You have to look at the individual bearers of the True Runes to really discuss strength. All True Runes have unimaginable abilities, but the bearer is the one, the conduit to which these True Runes manifest their abilities. If the bearer is unworthy, then a True Rune cannot reveal its true abilities. So, the real question here should be, which bearer had the best ability to manifest the power of the True Rune they were host for.

Good one prophet,
just like hugo right? he still have a lot to learn about the strenght of the True Fire rune.. he's magic ability is not strong as geddoe or even christ..
what if crowley had a true rune?such a superb magician.. maybe he can surpass luc & sasarai as well..
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

yuberluc wrote: just like hugo right? he still have a lot to learn about the strenght of the True Fire rune.. he's magic ability is not strong as geddoe or even christ..
what if crowley had a true rune?such a superb magician.. maybe he can surpass luc & sasarai as well..
Well, if "christ" was indeed in Suikoden, I'm sure he'd have amazing skill with magic, but I'm sure you just meant Chris. Her magic ability is actually really bad-- worse than Hugo. In fact, Hugo not only has better MAG than Chris, but he even has better affinity with the water rune compared to Chris. Most people won't be able to see the 4th level spell of the True Water Rune unless they give that rune to Hugo (Chris has to be about level 83 to get her first 4th level slot).

If Crowley got a true rune, he'd be formidable. However, the fact that he has been spending a long time trying to perfect his art without the aid of True runes, it's doubtful he'd ever seek the power of True runes.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Here is where Hikusaak, the Sindar leader and Sierra enters. Laszlo is another to have in mind, 150 years with the rune of Punishment is a lot too.

But of course there ir Ted, who had lots of years and wasnt so good at the Soul Eater.

Skill needs years in most of cases.