the strongest true rune so far?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
eldrasidar

Re: the strongest true rune so far?

Post by eldrasidar »

Chris actually has better water affinity than hugo, with a B+ over a C in water magic. but yeah she does need to get to the mid eighties to use all four spells or use the magic stone trick, either of which is time consuming. but with 3 water rings, she gets an S in water magic, which makes her the fastest true rune caster in the game(in fact, with Jeane as support, she is can cast all true water spells faster than Sarah or anyone else with an S in water magic can cast any flowing spells). While in normal gameplay, Hugo slightly outshines Chris in magic points, but Chris has far better potential, if you are willing to work for it, and as soon as she gets past 101 mgc, she is better.

geddoe also outshines hugo, both in fire and lightning with a B+ and A respectively, compared to B's for both in Hugo's case. if it weren't for the fact that it were possible(though time sensitive) to get 3 fire magic rings, plus a wizard hat, Geddoe would always be the best candidate for the flame champion, since until you get that third fire magic ring, he will always have a higher fire magic skill. Geddoe also beats out Hugo in Lightning, although I find it easier to lightning magic rings, and Water although this is kinda silly since Geddoe can't even equip the true water rune, and there are numerous better water casters for the limited flowing runes you get.

Geddoe actually makes a strong case for strongest true rune user, given that in suikoden three, he has had his rune for substantially longer than most true users in any of the games, and lets face it, in suikoden 3, the true lightning rune is easily the most powerful in gameplay terms, although, there isn't as much destructive history with it as with some more plot important runes.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Oops, mistook fire element affinity with water there. My bad.

In terms of who would be the most masterful user of True Runes, Sierra would seem to have the greatest mastery, given the fact that she has had the rune for hundreds of years, and although has lost it for a few hundred years, she still has strong command over it (and she gets it back in the end). The problem, though, is that she doesn't know much about sorcery (she's not all that interested), so a true rune bearer with greater skill in sorcery in general may show greater aptitude in using true runes.

Ted would be another example, because he has enough mastery to remove and attach his true rune pretty easily (at least, it seems like he can remove it at will). He's had the rune for at least 300 years, and his MAG is also very high. He's not really a sorcerer though.

Joshua Levenheit is another who has been a bearer for hundreds of years, so he might be pretty powerful. We just don't know much about his actual prowess using that rune.

We also can't discount Windy and Leknaat, who have both had half of a true rune for over 400 years. Even though their halves are weaker in power, they sort of supplement that gap with their general aptitude as sorcerers.

Yuber has also had his true rune for at least 300 years, but likely a lot longer. All we can tell is that he seems to have enough mastery over his true rune that he can be overpowered by the combined effort of Leknaat and Joshua (with the help of Windy, of course).
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

I'm actually more inclined to choose Ted and Sierra. They both seemed to have considerable mastery over their respective True Runes. Such is evident because both could control the True Rune without it being attached to them. Of course Leknaat, Windy, and Yuber appear to be in the running for most powerful, as well. We can consider Geddoe, but he is a mere infant compared to the aforementioned.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I'd agree with Yuber being near the top. He was a pain to fight in one, he was a pain to fight in two, and he was several pains to fight in three. not only is he simply good with magic, but he is abnormally powerful as a fighter without using his rune(well, it might be buffing him, who knows). I mean in 3, he has exceptionally high str, skl, mag, rep and health. his str is in fact the highest in the game. plus he has great skills, allowing him to critical often, almost always hit, and gets more swings than most. And lets face it, without Yuber, most of our favorite villains would never have gotten very far now would they?
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Milia has now the Dragon rune so Joshua has lost his power, but yes, he was another guy to look at when talking about power.

The problem of Yuber is that we still dont know what powers his true rune has.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

well, we don't know what all the powers are, but it seems to include summoning powers, particularly of the undead, as I can remember him summoning a zombie dragon in 2, and some skeleton warriors in 3. he can use teleportation magic, and he can also speak with the dead. He is also well attuned enough to Magic to sense a hole in alma kinan's invisible barrier. while not as much as we know about some true runes, it certainly is more than nothing.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Yes, I would def go with Yuber, I mean, as was said before, the main villains in I, II and III used his strength, and he was of course more than willing, it just seems like his rune has a lot of different powers, summoning, teleporting, plus the guy is just insanely strong.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
yuberluc

Re: the strongest true rune so far?http://www.suikosource.co

Post by yuberluc »

Yuber,yeah he is so powerful,but i think only pesmerga can defeat him, since yuber always run away from him.. so maybe pesmerga is the strongest?

by the way i forgot what does he capable of? (pesmerga)
Chaos will suit me just fine
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Pesmerga has never run away from Pesmerga within the game. The two never actually have dialogue at all. In Suikoden 1, Yuber runs away after his army is defeated and sees no need to stay to fight. The situation is the same in Suikoden 2-- he leaves when he sees no further point in staying around.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Vextor wrote:Yuber has never run away from Pesmerga within the game. The two never actually have dialogue at all. In Suikoden 1, Yuber runs away after his army is defeated and sees no need to stay to fight. The situation is the same in Suikoden 2-- he leaves when he sees no further point in staying around.
Fixed. 8)

I think Pesmerga has a line in the last battle, when Yuber flees, but it is in the middle of a war, not a face to face encounter. And Yuber flees because he sees they cannot win the war.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

27x4=108 wrote:I think Pesmerga has a line in the last battle, when Yuber flees
He does not.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

Vextor wrote:Yuber has never run away from Pesmerga within the game. The two never actually have dialogue at all. In Suikoden 1, Yuber runs away after his army is defeated and sees no need to stay to fight. The situation is the same in Suikoden 2-- he leaves when he sees no further point in staying around.
Fixed also :wink:

So that mean yuber doesn't know all his life had been chased by pesmerga? it's kinda weird doesn't it?

have everyone tried in suiko2,bring pesmerga into our team and fight against the dragon bone from hell in green hill academy?yuber was there right?,or in that time we haven't met pesmerga? :? (sorry forgot,it's been a long time..)
Chaos will suit me just fine
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Pesmerga never has any special dialogue no matter how close he gets to Yuber.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

You can't have Pesmerga in your party at that time of the plot in Suikoden 2. The first opportunity when you can recruit him comes after the liberation of Greenhill.

The only hypothetical situation when the two can meet would be on the battlefield during war events, but still there's no dialogue.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Funilly enough, i brought Pesmerga (with cheats) early in the game, and brought him to Hix and Tengaar. He actually said "Heh... Hi there"

Wonder if he would have dialogue if you'd bring him early with cheats.