End Of Suikoden III With Luc

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Even if it is possible to revive Luc, you must consider the fact that Leknaat said that the ressurection of a character could only be done once, which she did when she ressurected Gremio. So, the only way to see Luc again would be through another Luc clone, but then this would not be the same Luc anyway based on the fact that his soul could not be returned by the same way Leknaat returned Gremio. Therefore, you will have a entirely different Luc that haapens to look like the old Luc. I don't know if that will or will not please fans.
punishment_chan

Post by punishment_chan »

I think something like new clone could happen... but I don't think it would be directly Luc clone. Like you said he won't be the same.
I hope new Tenkan will be interesting. Maybe someone related to Hikusaak or maybe not, maybe someone who could be Hikusaak himself? People from Konami shoud use their imagination and go with something suprising...
(better than they did in Suiko IV - it's not about Ted, I like Ted - it's about characters development overall -.-')
Mark

Post by Mark »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Luc was created by Hikusaak; he has had the True Wind Rune since birth. The exact details aren't known, so I won't say much more than that.

A True Rune is not eternally bonded to its bearer, no matter the case. When Luc died the True Wind Rune seperated from him. Its current location is unknown.

Leknaat didn't make a comment about Luc and the 108 SoDs. Luc is dead, get over it.
Leknaat did mention the 108 stars...

"You're human too"
"I bless your soul"
"My apprentice, my son, child of a cursed rune, you're a human child. One that can asleep now."
"Even though Destiny can be brutal, it will allow you to rest. 108 stars will bless you. Man is powerful enough to change destiny.
"No matter how futile our struggles seem, they all make a difference!"

- Leknaat talking to the souls of Luc and Sarah.

Jowy, their soul still lives on.
Last edited by Mark on Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit the best Suikoden resources online!
-http://suikoden-network.com-
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Are you trying to argue that Luc and Sarah didn't die? If that's what you're trying to prove then I'm sorry you will fail. The fact that they are spirits confirms their deaths and Leknaat even wishes him peace in death. A soul cannot return or be revived except for technique that Leknaat used in Suikoden 1 to bring back Gremio. This involved the Gate Rune, 108 Stars of Destiny and possibly the Rune of Life and Death. Unfortunately, that technique can only be used once leaving Luc out of luck..forgive my play on words.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

108 stars will bless you. Man is powerful enough to change destiny.
"No matter how futile our struggles seem, they all make a difference!"

Just wanna say that although sarah is there Leknaut was talking to luc not sarah

I think leknaut is just trying to console lucs soul

he died in pain and agony, misery and sadness and he felt all alone

In my view leknaut is acting like A mother to luc and trying to give him peace and A sense of love and that shes proud of him

108 stars of destiny part that you put in bold is simply another way of saying"your forgiven, nobody will curse you or hold against you anything youve done, its time to move to A new life"

when she said "man is powerful enough to change destiny" she meant in her oppinion the human race is capable of anything and can do the impossible, while she does believe this she most likely said it to make luc feel like his efforts werent done in vain

and when she said"no matter how our struggles seem, they all make A difference!" she was bassically saying to luc that she understood how he felt and she ounce again just tried to comfort him"

At least thats how I see it
Mark

Post by Mark »

Kind of liek that. I still think he's not really dead.

Here's the full video of the scene:
http://suikoden-network.com/suikoden3/i ... movieclips
Visit the best Suikoden resources online!
-http://suikoden-network.com-
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

So, what does really dead mean to you?? I mean, how dead can he be? He's a spirit....he's gone to the afterlife where spirits go from people who are dead. So, what does your statement "He's not really dead" mean? How can he not really be dead? I'm just confused by your statement.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I was wrong in that aspect, but Leknaat has already said that she cannot revive anyone else ever again; even with the 108 Stars on her side.
The Fire Hero

Post by The Fire Hero »

Luc's life has ended, what became of his True Wind Rune is unknown. Whether or not he can or will be revived is something we have yet to see.
Can't we all just get along?
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

The True Wind Rune too, might have perished, but Im still not sure that Luc is dead for good.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

The True Wind Rune too, might have perished, but Im still not sure that Luc is dead for good.
eh, True Runes can't perish, they can be destroyed but I doubt they stay destroyed for long.And when you destroy them alot of power is released(see S3)
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

I see the topic that I started has the people here interested.. hmmm. Well I was just confused and just wanted to know if that was a BEFORE picture of Luc and Sarah and not some ressurected happy ending. Thanks.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I thought the same.It looked like Sarah was reborn as a child and Luc was just him again.Hey that made me think...
Didn't Sarah had the abitiy to speak Sindarin when she was a child?
I thought she was a Reincarnated Sindarin(because of her strong magic and her 'born-with' Flowing rune.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

"eh, True Runes can't perish, they can be destroyed "

Well its the same thing, perish and destroyed can mean the same aspect..

"And when you destroy them alot of power is released(see S3)"

I have S3, and still the Wind Rune could have been destroyed when Luc died, therefore perishing with him, but thats unknown, its my opinion, not fact , for all we know up until they start back off where Suikoden III off, some other character could be in posession of the rune.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

The True Wind Rune was not destroyed in that battle; the evidence for this is simple as the fight was to stop this eventuality happening.

The game tells you that if such an event occurred it would have caused a massive magical effect that would have devasted the entire region; that did not happen ergo the True Wind Rune was not destroyed.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.