End Of Suikoden III With Luc

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yeah, you're right Jowy. Gremio was repsonsible for the second spell. I forgot that Ted's soul was not absorbed until Seek Valley. So, gold star for you! ;-)
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

"Gremio's death was the source of the second spell, actually."

The second spell of what??
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the soul eater AKA rune of life and death that ted gave to tir

when gremio died his soul unlocked A new spell in the soul eater
Rivera

Luc/True Wind Rune

Post by Rivera »

I think from the ending of Suikoden III, Luc is a complete goner. Which shouldn't surprise too many people as Luc was infamous for "dying in battle" repeatedly in the first two games, now the guy's actually gone. As for revival, it won't happen, as many people have stated Leknaat can only do that process once and used it on Gremio. However:

Luc's True Wind Rune is missing, but it's not farfetched that Harmonia will seek it's whereabouts to regain control of it. As someone else stated you might se a "second" Luc, in the form of a clone vessel not unlike the original Luc and/or Sarasai.

On the same token, it might not be a simple process to just "make another clone" to hold the rune and expect to have the clone under Harmonian control; as Luc stated in Suikoden III the True Runes hold the memories of past bearers, and so this would include Luc, and thus another clone would simply be far too likely to bend to Luc's will upon the revelations of the Wind Rune as to the truth about said clone's existence.

Since none of the Suikoden games have yet to go forward anything and everything is up to speculation, however at this point Luc as you knew him is dead, and it's highly unlikely he'll be back as Suikoden deaths are pretty final; we don't see Culgan and Seed walking around anymore, either.

It'll also be interesting as to how Sarasai is now affected knowing the truth about his existence. Still it looks like it'll be a while before we see any aftermath to Suikoden III.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
executor of balance

Post by executor of balance »

Perhaps Sasarai will also try to destroy his true rune and we will have suikoden III-2, where the new flame champion Lilly pendragon goes after the evil bishop Sasarai and his faithful servant Dios.
No, I guess that won't happen...
But I do want to see Sasarai again, perhaps in Suikoden 6.
The graveyard is full of indispensable men
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

I would think a more likely scenario would be Sarasai would ultimately end up opposing the creation of "Rune Vessel" clones that Harmonia is creating and it may lead to further civil strife within the country.

Then again I would really think we're probably NEVER going to get to see more of Harmonia as leaving it as the almighty mystery company of speculation and wonder might work out better for the series.

And Lilly Pendragon as a Flame Champion? Could you imagine? God help us all.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
YoungMasterSnowe

Re: End Of Suikoden III With Luc

Post by YoungMasterSnowe »

To all the comments saying only one can be revived. And that was gremio (if you have collected 108 stars).
Well suikoden 5 you have to have all 108 or Lyon stays dead. But she gets revived if you get 108 same with gremio he stays dead if you don’t have all 108 each game has like 4 possible endings ensuing multiple play throughs making different choices.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

It seems that revival can only be performed when the "stars align", and with Leknaat's help, she works with the other true rune to perform a miracle. For Gremio, the Saturn version implies that Leknaat uses her half of the Gate Rune to reach into the Soul Eater's dimension and pull him out. Lyon's revival takes place before Gremio (so her claim that reviving someone cannot be done again in Suikoden 1 could still be true), and she seems to allow the Prince to reach into the Sun Rune...

As for the True Wind Rune, I suspect it's gone into hiding, and that it was really manipulating Luc in only seeing bad potential futures to get him to kill himself and allow the True Rune Wind to escape and be free.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

KFCrispy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:38 pm It seems that revival can only be performed when the "stars align", and with Leknaat's help, she works with the other true rune to perform a miracle. For Gremio, the Saturn version implies that Leknaat uses her half of the Gate Rune to reach into the Soul Eater's dimension and pull him out. Lyon's revival takes place before Gremio (so her claim that reviving someone cannot be done again in Suikoden 1 could still be true), and she seems to allow the Prince to reach into the Sun Rune...

As for the True Wind Rune, I suspect it's gone into hiding, and that it was really manipulating Luc in only seeing bad potential futures to get him to kill himself and allow the True Rune Wind to escape and be free.
Since we are getting the Suikoden 1 and 2 remasters, we will also be getting a new updated translation/script for the game! I wonder if they will add to the script about Leknaat's back gate rune pulling Gremio's soul out of the soul eater rune, that would be awesome.