Toto Village Shrine

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
sticky-runes

Toto Village Shrine

Post by sticky-runes »

I don't know if its been discussed before, and its not really a big deal, but why does Pilika run into her dad's shrine when we're travelling through Toto after the Mercenary Fort has fallen?

Did she just want to see it one last time before we moved on to Muse? Was it to get a bit of comfort after all the horrible things she's just been through, and because the shrine was the only part of the village that was undamaged during the attack?

When I first played the game, I remember thinking it was some act of destiny, like she felt drawn to the place and was guiding Riou and Jowy there so they could receive their runes. Because Pilika is mute at the time, she doesn't say why she went to the shrine, so it seemed a bit eerie to me, like she knew the boys needed to be there at that moment.
OneRune

Re: Toto Village Shrine

Post by OneRune »

I'll agree with your assumptions. It was still intact and also a familiar place she could feel comfortable around. It was the only part of her life that was left, besides Jowy.

I don't think we were meant to think too deeply about it. The whole game is based on destiny and fate, so one could argue that everything that happens in game was "meant to be."