Nash and Sierra

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
OneRune

Nash and Sierra

Post by OneRune »

Why doesn't Nash turn into a vampire when Sierra bites him? It's my understanding that Sierra bit Rean in order to give him strength to live, turning into a vampire.

Can vampires control whether or not someone turns into a vampire after biting them?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Nash and Sierra

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Because you don't become a vampire by being bitten, you become a vampire by ingesting a vampires blood.
I took the man's blood and gave him mine.
Our blood mixed and became one... and so was
born one who shared the same fate as I.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
OneRune

Post by OneRune »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:54 am Because you don't become a vampire by being bitten, you become a vampire by ingesting a vampires blood.
I took the man's blood and gave him mine.
Our blood mixed and became one... and so was
born one who shared the same fate as I.
Oh wow where is that quoted from? I didn't know that was the case in the lore of Suikoden! Not every universe follows the same rules on the occult. Thanks!
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

It comes from Gaiden 1 when Sierra is explaining Rean's origin to Nash.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

It's quite common in vampire fiction for the victim to turn into a vampire only after being bitten AND ingesting the blood of the vampire who bites them. They do it in the Buffy and Angel TV shows as well.
OneRune

Post by OneRune »

I have not played through the Gaidens, nor do I have a strong familiarity with vampire origin. This makes a lot more sense now!
karenmane

Post by karenmane »

I have also not played through the Gaidens or the knivees part but i plan to even though its old.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I'd love to play the Gaidens as well. The only Suikoden games I have not played. Too bad it wasn't released in North America
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

They have English dubs. Highly recommended!
"Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

NashLatkje wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:36 pm They have English dubs. Highly recommended!
I've seen videos of them on YouTube. Are the dubs 100 percent accurate though?
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

JuveLeo wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:20 pm
NashLatkje wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:36 pm They have English dubs. Highly recommended!
I've seen videos of them on YouTube. Are the dubs 100 percent accurate though?
I'm sure there are some questionable translations but for the most part it's close. The in-game images can provide a general sense of what is going on in the story, regardless of context, anyways. You should give it a try. Each volume is only 2-3 hours long, so there isn't much of your free time that needs to be invested. It's worth it for the cameos and subplots.
"Adults have their reasons. You children who see the world in black and white will learn soon enough about shades of grey."
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

That's alright I suppose. I can't recall if I watched the entire game on YouTube, but I've definitely watched at least half. I might try it one of these days.
NashLatkje

Post by NashLatkje »

JuveLeo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:48 pm That's alright I suppose. I can't recall if I watched the entire game on YouTube, but I've definitely watched at least half. I might try it one of these days.

*Chant* do it, do it, do it!!!