Rina and the North Sparrow guard.

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: Rina and the North Sparrow guard.

Post by Wolkendrache »

You can’t even prove they had a conversation, because nobody including the player witnessed anything. It was a good idea to leave it to the imagination of the players. As you can see, it’s weirder and perhaps funnier than anything Konami could have depicted/shown. Sometimes allusion is better than depiction, and this is one of the best examples.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Wolkendrache wrote:You can’t even prove they had a conversation, because nobody including the player witnessed anything. It was a good idea to leave it to the imagination of the players. As you can see, it’s weirder and perhaps funnier than anything Konami could have depicted/shown. Sometimes allusion is better than depiction, and this is one of the best examples.

Personally i'd like to know :lol:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Judging by Rina's flirty and amorous nature, most people assume she lead the guard away from the group for some intimacy. As opposed to talking about something mundane that would bore everyone else to sleep. But some people probably do get turned on by dull subjects, so to each their own. :roll:
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

For all anybody knows, she just tricked him into getting naked enough that she could accurately describe scars and other identifying characteristics that only his wife should know about, and blackmailed him.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

No guard would let you pass free just for an adult conversation, you have to give a little bit more than that.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I reckon the North Sparrow guard captain should have been a recruitable character. He's able to beat up Nanami after she single-handedly took down half the guards in Kyaro? Well, he's certainly more interesting and useful than a certain black knight who's name I won't mention. :!:
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:I reckon the North Sparrow guard captain should have been a recruitable character. He's able to beat up Nanami after she single-handedly took down half the guards in Kyaro? Well, he's certainly more interesting and useful than a certain black knight who's name I won't mention. :!:

Oh come on P...a isn't as useless as Marlowe who does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :!:
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

sticky-runes wrote:I reckon the North Sparrow guard captain should have been a recruitable character. He's able to beat up Nanami after she single-handedly took down half the guards in Kyaro? Well, he's certainly more interesting and useful than a certain black knight who's name I won't mention. :!:
The Pes shade is THICK!
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Sasarai10 wrote:Oh come on P...a isn't as useless as Marlowe who does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :!:
That's the thing, Marlowe doesn't disappoint or annoy anybody, I never had high expectations concerning Marlowe. Pesmerga fails at being an awesome fighter, and fails even more miserably at getting to Yuber. Maybe he would be more successful as North Sparrow guard captain. At least that's more fun.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Marlowe helps Koyu fight the zombies and distract Neclord if you choose to run away during Tinto.

And if the North Sparrow guard joined us, he would be sitting in the tavern with all the guys asking what he got up to with Rina. He wouldn't just be standing in the terrace on his own saying "Hmph." Richmond might actually have something interesting to say about him.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

then why didn't they make him usable in battles,having a book as a weapon? :?

i mean oh come on you must do something in this castle....you don't take part in regular battles....you don't take part in war battles....you don't offer any service in the castle. then why you should be a SoD? him and Fitcher. :|

At least Pesmerga is both usable in regular and war battles...and don't tell me his +3 Attack plus cavalry ability is useless. :mrgreen:
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Marlowe made the best play for Suikoden III tho so he's got that going for him!
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

If there's one thing reading high fantasy has taught me, it is that adult conversations are not conversations.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

If there's one thing life has taught me, it is that adult conversatiosn are not conversations!
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

One of the adult conversations between Freed and Yoshino resulted in Sanae.

BTW, what were Rina and Flik doing in South Window while their friends were dealing with a powerful vampire and Bolgan was entertaining Pilika? What could make Flik let his buddy Viktor alone and Rina let her sister Eilie alone? I mean except an adult conversation…