Any signs of Jowy's....? *Spoilers*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
bluemask

Any signs of Jowy's....? *Spoilers*

Post by bluemask »

I'm just wondering, was there ever a hint that Jowy would betray the hero? I mean, like a foreshadowing of some sort. Replaying the game, there doesn't seem to be one though.. but I'm curious if you guys ever saw something :/
sticky-runes

Re: Any signs of Jowy's....? *Spoilers*

Post by sticky-runes »

having secret conversations with a ninja hiding in the shadows might have been a dead giveaway.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Well, yeah it's one. But I'm thinking something very early in the game... I dunno D:.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

The first sign of Jowy becoming something different from Tir is when he addresses Jilia Blight on the way to his death sentence. That's when he choses the path of violence and revenge.
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

I'd say the seed was planted when his old man disowned him. When he received the Black Sword Rune it only gave him the realization that he had the power to maybe actually do something about what had happened.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

The first time i played the game i was really shocked that Jowy betrayed you. But i liked that because i found Jowy annoying most of the time :lol:

and yes talking with Kage could hint that Jowy would betray you
ItsDaveyJ

Post by ItsDaveyJ »

There was major foreshadowing (which like all good foreshadowing... I only noticed AFTER playing it the first time) when Riou and Jowy received their opposing runes. I believe Leknaat even gave a basic history of the runes clashing before.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

ItsDaveyJ wrote:There was major foreshadowing (which like all good foreshadowing... I only noticed AFTER playing it the first time) when Riou and Jowy received their opposing runes. I believe Leknaat even gave a basic history of the runes clashing before.
Now that's something. How come I never thought of that one. Well, you wouldn't realize that there's an actual story until you hear of Han/Genkaku's conflict right??? Good thinking.

Oh and I just thought of another one, how about, when Riou and Jowy got separated after jumping in Tenzan Falls? I think it literally signifies their parting ways? Something I just come up with :P
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

You wanna know how I knew there'd be a falling out? Every time Jowy asked my opinion on something, I picked the negative/don't care answer. Frankly, I'm surprised Nanami didn't betray me as well. I told them they both stunk.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

sticky-runes wrote:You wanna know how I knew there'd be a falling out? Every time Jowy asked my opinion on something, I picked the negative/don't care answer. Frankly, I'm surprised Nanami didn't betray me as well. I told them they both stunk.
LOL. Nanami knows that in herself so it's fine with her. She knows no one can beat her annoying-ness.
Kahran042

Post by Kahran042 »

Obviously, the fact that he's the main charater's best friend in a JRPG, which means he'll either die, betray him, or die after betraying him. :)
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Kahran042 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:59 pm Obviously, the fact that he's the main charater's best friend in a JRPG, which means he'll either die, betray him, or die after betraying him. :)
Actually, they lived happily ever after :P