Was Lazlo given credit for his deeds?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
suiken

Re: Was Lazlo given credit for his deeds?

Post by suiken »

Why hatin' on Lino's outfit? I thought it suits the climate of the area. He just looks like a Hawaiian dude.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Yeah, the beach bum look suits him since he's so easygoing. Plus his official getup looks goofy as hell.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
suiken

Post by suiken »

Judging his personality, he IS easy going.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

EstrangedIX wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:And yes, Lino's outfit is awful. He should take it off!!! :D
I see what you did there lol
this put me in the mood for a song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCvRT2sy5FE
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

I can only think of one answer to why Lazlo did not appear in any book. It was mentioned in suikoden tactics during the conversation of Lazlo and Lino, that Lazlo will disappear without saying a word if the Rune of Punishment became dangerous. Maybe the rune became dangerous, and that's why no one in Island Nation remembered him. Also, there was none of 108 star who want or plan to write a biography of Lazlo, so in the end, Lazlo did not appear in any book.
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

ralphyu wrote:I can only think of one answer to why Lazlo did not appear in any book. It was mentioned in suikoden tactics during the conversation of Lazlo and Lino, that Lazlo will disappear without saying a word if the Rune of Punishment became dangerous. Maybe the rune became dangerous, and that's why no one in Island Nation remembered him. Also, there was none of 108 star who want or plan to write a biography of Lazlo, so in the end, Lazlo did not appear in any book.
Yep, I think because Lazlo disappearance maybe can be attributed to Rune of Dark Punishmnet became too much of a dangerous thing to bear publicly. People with dark intent will see the rune as oppotunity to realize their dark intent and would love to kill Lazlo to attain the RoDP. So maybe Lazlo decide ti hide from the world, and so the world foget about him. But it was for the best of all.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Heptade

Post by Heptade »

The only evidence we have about him being forgotten by history is his absence from the script for a street performance...

Why would he ever be mentioned in Falena's history books?

My guess is that his achievements have been overshadowed by Lino's status as the first leader of the Island Nations Federation. People know about him, but not as THE hero. A bit like how George Washington is a more symbolic figure than, say, John Adams (not a perfect analogy, I admit).
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I think Lazlo would have wanted it that way. He never seemed to be a big fan of being in the limelight (remember his hilarious refusal of the torch during the kindling ritual?). I also think a part of him didn't want people to find out about the Rune of Punishment. The more people know about it, the more chance someone might try to seek it, which could lead to the death and suffering of more people.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

And he chose to live on a Deserted Island hunting crabs. He practically became a hermit. He could have stayed in Obel and lived in the palace with Flare and Lino or he could have gone to Razril and been a high ranking knight, but he obviously wasn't keen on living in towns among people that saw him as a hero and probably didn't give a sh!t about politics. He chose a quiet life. Fame. who needs it?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:And he chose to live on a Deserted Island hunting crabs. He practically became a hermit. He could have stayed in Obel and lived in the palace with Flare and Lino or he could have gone to Razril and been a high ranking knight, but he obviously wasn't keen on living in towns among people that saw him as a hero and probably didn't give a sh!t about politics. He chose a quiet life. Fame. who needs it?
So they lived together with...Chiepoo? Chiepoo was stationed at Desert Island by the time Lazlo was hunting crabs there.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

When you play Suikoden 4 you do get the option to settle on the Deserted Island and end the game there, so it's quite likely that the island was Lazlo's ideal home and he would prefer living there rather than in a town or castle. Once the war is over and the ROP is neutralized, that's pretty much what he does. Whether he becomes buddies with Chiepoo or not is his own business, it's not like they acknowledge each other in any dialogue during Tactics.
GeorgPrime

Post by GeorgPrime »

They might've taken certain liberties. I mean remember the Play in Suikdoen III about Suikoden I? Yeah, Milich destroys the Golden Hydra in one blow. And we all know THAT never happened.

Also, the stories might have gotten muddled over time, or maybe they spread misinformation in order to keep Lazlo's identity a secret. I mean he has the True Rune of Punishment, and it's in the Atonement phase and will stay there probably for as long as Lazlo lives. Who knows who might seek it out. After everyone in The Rush dies (except Jeane, Ted, and Viki, and maybe Selma and Paula since they're elves) there's nobody to really divulge who the True Rune bearer was. Jeane and Ted (and Leknaat) aren't talking. Selma and Paula are probably staying in Elf Village for the rest of their lives. And Viki shows up and gets easily confused by everything anyway. By keeping his name out of it, it's probably saving him from being attacked by those who might seek the Rune for their own purposes. Including Harmonia.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

GeorgPrime wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:34 am They might've taken certain liberties. I mean remember the Play in Suikdoen III about Suikoden I? Yeah, Milich destroys the Golden Hydra in one blow. And we all know THAT never happened.

Also, the stories might have gotten muddled over time, or maybe they spread misinformation in order to keep Lazlo's identity a secret. I mean he has the True Rune of Punishment, and it's in the Atonement phase and will stay there probably for as long as Lazlo lives. Who knows who might seek it out. After everyone in The Rush dies (except Jeane, Ted, and Viki, and maybe Selma and Paula since they're elves) there's nobody to really divulge who the True Rune bearer was. Jeane and Ted (and Leknaat) aren't talking. Selma and Paula are probably staying in Elf Village for the rest of their lives. And Viki shows up and gets easily confused by everything anyway. By keeping his name out of it, it's probably saving him from being attacked by those who might seek the Rune for their own purposes. Including Harmonia.
I like that idea. Maybe Mickey was encouraged to write his exaggerated stories about Reinbach being this big hero. I just hope Perrault didn't write too much detail about Lazlo being a true rune bearer in his newspaper.