War Of Succession

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Dragoramzi

War Of Succession

Post by Dragoramzi »

I have a few questions for anyone who considers themselves a Suikoden history buff:

Is there anything theorhetically wrong with Barborosa Rugner having someone run around as an errand boy? This person possibly being a bastard child, this person would have acted on his behalf possibly carrying the Sovereign rune for a short period or a child rune of it (similar but not degraded like the black/pawn rune/conquerer rune).

Georg and Ferrid left for Falena after the War of Sucession, I know this doesn't imply Ferrid was fighting during that period but do we have other information on what he was up to at that time? I know that Ferid had been travelling north and met Georg, and he knows how he fights, so if Ferid was involved would he have been a "companion" so to speak to georg during that period as Alen and Grenseal were to Teo?

Fu Su Lu is kind of an enigma, in S1 I know for a fact that he was a tank. He doesn't really ever appear again, is it feesable that he was around during the war?

Does anyone have specific details on what happened at Kalekka? Is the event left in darkness for a reason? I have been trying to find specifics but all I have found was that it was a poorly executed move to try and spark a war between Jowstone and the Scarlet Moon Empire.

Been nosing around several sites, using this one mostly for information just a couple of unanswered questions that I haven't been able to figure out so far. Just trying to get a general consensus on the information I am writing into the story for Suikogaishi, some of these characters have not even been introduced and I am wanting to get everything hammered out before I get too much further.
[More to come... Some may be removed.]
freshmetal

Re: War Of Succession

Post by freshmetal »

Dragoramzi wrote:I have a few questions for anyone who considers themselves a Suikoden history buff:
Georg and Ferrid left for Falena after the War of Sucession, I know this doesn't imply Ferrid was fighting during that period but do we have other information on what he was up to at that time? I know that Ferid had been travelling north and met Georg, and he knows how he fights, so if Ferid was involved would he have been a "companion" so to speak to georg during that period as Alen and Grenseal were to Teo?
I'm pretty sure that Ferrid was not in the Scarlet Moon Empire during the War of Succession. At the time, he would have been in Felana raising a family with the queen. He knows George from before he was captain of the Queen's Knights, and Ferrid is originally from the Island Nations.
Dragoramzi wrote:Fu Su Lu is kind of an enigma, in S1 I know for a fact that he was a tank. He doesn't really ever appear again, is it feesable that he was around during the war?
It's certainly feasible that Fu Su Lu was "around" during the war, but I doubt that he fought in the war. He's just one of those random characters with no ties to any major characters or events. Of course, that doesn't prove that we WASN'T involved with the war. Maybe if Konami gets their act together, we'll get a game that returns to the main universe so we can see some familiar characters and maybe get some proper background on some people.
Dragoramzi wrote:Does anyone have specific details on what happened at Kalekka? Is the event left in darkness for a reason? I have been trying to find specifics but all I have found was that it was a poorly executed move to try and spark a war between Jowstone and the Scarlet Moon Empire.
I think you've just about nailed that one already. It was either to spark a war, or re-ignite a war already in progress.
PSN: FreshMetal80
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Kalekka wasn't a 'poorly executed' tactic but it was cold-hearted. Leon sacrificed an entire town to get the rest of the country to rally together to stop Jowstone from their advances.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Also, the Kalekka Incident happened years after the Succession War. The incident itself was "necessary" due to popular opinion being against a war with Jowston despite Tinto and South Window invading the Senan Region. The incident succeeded in tipping public opinion to pro-war, which is basically what the Scarlet Moon Empire needed to fight against the Jowston forces in Senan.