Rina in the North Sparrow Pass

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Crowley

Re: Rina in the North Sparrow Pass

Post by Crowley »

I always thought that the "North Swallow Pass" was a error in translation and I never thought that it would mean that, but now... That´s disgusting...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Yeah, cause it's not like swallow is a bird or anything. Kinda like sparrow.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

BlueMage279 wrote:Well, back in Ryube, Rina refers to it as "North Swallow Pass," so you do the math. I'm not kidding either, she really does call it that.
woah woah,really?? I never noticed that before,when does she say it?
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
Vermillion.Haze

Post by Vermillion.Haze »

Lets apply this to real life logic. Rina is the suikoden worlds version of a perfect 10 along with Jeane, Elaine etc.

Let's look at the guard for a second. He's stuck in a little craphole of a post with only a single subordinate. Not exactly rolling in female attention. I would wager a perfect 10 like Rina would have no trouble "Sweet talking" the guard in private. Perhaps with promises of a date or romantic interlude when she returns. Heck even a single kiss on the cheek would seal the deal. What extremely attactive woman actually has to put forth more then a minimal effort to seduce a lowly guard in any film or game?

So in conclusion I like to think Rina is a bit more sly to need to resort to prostitution. Especially given the circumstances.
xtian3426

Post by xtian3426 »

well i guess Rina is decent just by looking at her clothes and her attitude, i guess you should use your beauty when you need it and heck yeah guarding all day everyday in that North Sparrow Pass and you just see your subordinate all day won't you get bored? :)
"It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!" - Luca Blight
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

dragons_descent4 wrote:
BlueMage279 wrote:Well, back in Ryube, Rina refers to it as "North Swallow Pass," so you do the math. I'm not kidding either, she really does call it that.
woah woah,really?? I never noticed that before,when does she say it?
In Ryube when she's first recruited. She says they have to go through 'North Swallow Pass' to get to Kyaro.
Vermillion.Haze

Speaking of prostitution...while Rina did not set off any alarms...

I kind of got that vibe from Leona. Some of her dialogue is suggestive and she is the cliche lady-in-red saloon proprietress. From what I understood at the mercenary fort, they didin't keep her around for her cooking.
Belle

Post by Belle »

I dunno. Rina's a bit of a bold young woman. Who's to say they didn't have a quickie behind the building?

It could be innocent, but the fact that Rina stated 'adult conversation' does push the interpretation toward a more, well, 'adult' side.
Vermillion.Haze

It's not crazy to think she might WANT to. But i'm saying she clearly did not NEED to as they could easily charm/seduce what she wanted regardless.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It's rather interesting that when told the conversation was adult 99% of people instantly think of the most juvenile thing they can imagine.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Vermillion.Haze

Raww Le Klueze wrote:It's rather interesting that when told the conversation was adult 99% of people instantly think of the most juvenile thing they can imagine.
Yeah I first played Suikoden II in middle school (I think) and I definitely had a different perspective on most of the characters and events then I do now at 24. Suikoden's like onions...it has layers.
BlueMage279

Post by BlueMage279 »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:It's rather interesting that when told the conversation was adult 99% of people instantly think of the most juvenile thing they can imagine.
It's not JUST the fact that she called it an "adult" conversation. It's also the seductive, exotic music that plays right at that scene, as well as the fact that it's RINA we're talking about. She's a big flirt throughout the game. Remember when she first met Flik?
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

It is easy to go to that first immediate thought,but I guess that's why the situation is also pretty hilarious. For all we know she could have just talked to him,it could have been more,at the end of the day it's always going to be left to the players imagination.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455