hidden story of the 6 generals in suikoden 1

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Hirathien

Re: hidden story of the 6 generals in suikoden 1

Post by Hirathien »

Ah yes, that is true. Sorry, didn't think of that one. My bad.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

It's probably just the art style, I think.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah it's kinda the same as with the Ted deal, Ted looks way younger in the original Suikoden then he does in in Suikoden IV somehow. I think that it is just a case of the artist's not researching/caring what the older pictures look like or using them as a reference.

I realise its not quite on that level, as this isn't an in-game portrait so not as many people will see it but Georg seems to change drastically between the years/artist. He is hardly recognisable as Georg Prime in the fifth game compared to how he looks in Suikoden II (I know its been eleven years or what have you but damn those years weren't kind) and in Suikogaiden he looks so uncool it hurts.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

georg looks like an old grandaddy in suikoden 2. in suikoden 5, girls swoon over him. =P same thing goes for flik. when i see him in 1, he looks 15ish. in 2, he looks well into his 30s.

is it safe to say that dude with an eyepatch is just a random solider?
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Belle

Post by Belle »

gilgamesh31 wrote:Yeah it's kinda the same as with the Ted deal, Ted looks way younger in the original Suikoden then he does in in Suikoden IV somehow. I think that it is just a case of the artist's not researching/caring what the older pictures look like or using them as a reference.
That isn't necessarily true. If you check the art for Ted, there are differences just between the pics for the first game. But besides that, I think Ted looks the same age, if not younger, in Suikoden IV... except he's miserable. Which is no surprise -- think about how stressed he was back then. And his facial expression reflects that level of stress, which might give the impression that he looks older. But when you check out his art for the first game, he isn't exactly younger looking...he's just smiling more. And again, it's just a reflection of how his life is at the time. He's got good friends, Windy isn't trying to take his rune (not right then), he's a chatty Cathy... he's happy as a clam.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Night Shadow wrote:is it safe to say that dude with an eyepatch is just a random solider?
:lol: Yeah he's a nobody.
Belle wrote:And his facial expression reflects that level of stress, which might give the impression that he looks older

Maybe your right then, it does make sense when you put it like that.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
ericm

Post by ericm »

Sorry to come in on this old thread, but in regards to those scanned pics:
Did anyone actually answer the question of "who are those guys sitting down behind Odessa, Flik et al.?"
Also, even though this looks like original art for Suikoden 1 (and I know the picture of the liberation army members is in fact), I always thought Georg Prime was a 'ret-conned' character thought up AFTER Suikoden 1 had already been released; is it possible that picture of the 6 generals is not original art, or, has George doctored into the picture?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I've had the same book since round 2000, so pretty much all info that can be gotten from this book has already been translated in the form of character bios, etc. Georg Prime is indeed mentioned in the text of the explanation, and the dude with the eye-patch is Georg. Murayama had already included him as part of the Suikoden Series' plot at the time of Suikoden 1's release. The same artwork and explanation is also contained within the Japanese version Suikoden 1 instruction booklet as well.
ericm

Post by ericm »

Ok well that's really cool then. Like I said I was always under the impression he was retconned.
Vextor- Just to confirm: the other male is Sonya Shulen's father?
And any idea again who the guy is with the visible face sitting behind Odessa?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The other male? Kilawher Shulen is Sonya Shulen's mother-- perhaps she looks male...

No idea about those folks sitting. I assumed they were just random rebel soldiers.
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

I think the guy behind Odessa is Humphrey. Big Sword, Big armor. Humphrey, For sure.
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
Cloud_Mc_Rip

Post by Cloud_Mc_Rip »

:arrow: