hidden story of the 6 generals in suikoden 1

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

hidden story of the 6 generals in suikoden 1

Post by gilgamesh31 »

i bought a book off the internet called "official world guide book" its about the first two games, inside is a 5 page illustrated story about barborassa and the 6 generals. its 5 pages long but its in japanese... i would be greatfull if anyone knew the traslation?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Redheim

Re: hidden story of the 6 generals in suikoden 1

Post by Redheim »

Just scan the pages and post the images here -- I'm sure somebody would be more that willing to translate something so neat. You've got me curious.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'm pretty sure that information already exists on this and other sites, but yes, please post it.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

there are a lot of game guides and what-not-books that come out in japan, and its really hard to keep track of all the info they give off. i have this book entitled "gensosuikoden I & II official guide complete edition". they have 2 whole chapters dedicated purely to the "game flow", so ill try and check there if it has any info on the 6 generals you're talking about.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

I finally got around to getting a new scanner so i thought i would upload what i was talking about but i cant seem to attach the scans. I go to 'choose file' below and then 'add the file' but it says that the file is invalid. The file sizes are 3.2 MB and they are JPG's can anyone shed some light on how i need to do this? :)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The easiest way to do it would be to upload it to photobucket or something similar and then copy a link to the picture into your post.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Oh right cheers mate. So here are the scans...hopefully:

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m50 ... Image6.jpg

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m50 ... Image9.jpg

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m50 ... mage11.jpg

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m50 ... mage12.jpg

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m50 ... mage14.jpg

Who are those people in the third scan behind Odessa, Flik and Humphrey other liberation army members we never see. Could that be...Geddoe is that you? And Georg Prime in the last scan looks even more unlike the Georg in SV then the Georg in SII did.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

wow. its all in kanji. @_@ i can ask my japanese teacher to look it through, though. it looks interesting..

are you talking about that dude with an eye patch? im guessing that other dude would be georg prime.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

That would be awesome, i wonder what it says? I dont actually think its Geddoe but that would be kinda cool if it was. Geddoe should get another in game appearance even if its just a cameo, i mean he is old enough and he did travel around a bit...
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Wouldn't Georg be the bloke with the eyepatch, and Teo be the dude at the front?
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@gilgamesh: Where do you think is Geddoe? On the LiberationA rmy picture!? <_<
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

keep in mind suikoden 1 had a completely different art style than the rest of the series, so it makes sense that people look a little weird compared to updated portraits, particularly Georg, who completely missed Suikoden 1 for reasons unknown(or at least I can't remember), although my personal theory is that he has at a cheesecake eating contest on Kanakan the whole time, which he then needed to work off for a few years until Suikoden 2. Yes, I realize this would be a multi-year long contest. Cheesecake eating is a marathon, not a sprint.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

@Nikisaur: Your right Georg is at the back, he looks a bit crummy. He looks older then he looks in Suikoden V as well, even though this picture takes place three years prior to when we first see him in V. It's nice to see him as one of the Six Generals along with Admiral Kilawher Shulen there.

@Antimatzist: The Liberation army picture yeah, i think that the back of that guys head left of the Geddoe reject could be Viktor possible.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Suikoden I does take place after Suikoden V though, so it is natural for him to look older than he does in V.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

But Georg wasn't one of the six generals by that time, this picture is from the Scarlet Moon Succession wars three years prior to Suikoden V and nine years before Suikoden I.