Grasslands War?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
snakebite105

Grasslands War?

Post by snakebite105 »

What was the grasslands war mentioned in Gijimu's ending in Suikoden 2.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Antimatzist

Re: Grasslands War?

Post by Antimatzist »

I think it's just a border-struggle between tinto and the Grasslands.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

I figured that would have been but after S2 i would have though that would have been a none issue.

For all Tinto's boarder skirmishes they really seem like they'd never need it considering they're surrounded by mts.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

snakebite105 wrote:I figured that would have been but after S2 i would have though that would have been a none issue.

For all Tinto's boarder skirmishes they really seem like they'd never need it considering they're surrounded by mts.
I think Tinto wants to expand more (I guess due to the limited settle-space that they have in all these mountains) and thus invades the grasslands.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yeah, Tinto invaded deep into Grassland after the Dunan Unification War and ended up claiming a wide swath of previously nation-less lands as their own. This is also why Tinto and Zexen end up fighting each other after Suikoden 3.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I would like to add to this, did Tinto really initiate the war or battles with Grassland? I remember Lucia in S2 having a huge quarrel with Teresa the Mayor of Greenhill. Teresas' father poisoned Lucia's father at a peace agreement landing her the position of Chief of Karaya. I know Tinto and Grassland had many skirmishes due to their borders and possibly Tinto wanting to expand but as for any war I do believe that Greenhill started the war with Grassland.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

I'd have to assume they did. Tinto starts most of the boarder skirmishes they're involved in. and Lucia was working to improve her relationship with the Dunan region since the end of S2 through S3. Obviously its a bit difference since Tinto split from the new country but Gustav always seemed to be a very greedy man to me Only really caring about his own self intrest and Lily but not a man to forget a good deed that has been done.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@Belcoot: Well, yes, Lucia was angry about the City-State and that`s why she allied with Highland, but in the end, she tried to forge a bond between the Grasslands and the Dunan Republic.

Tinto, on the other hand, tries to follow it's own expansionistic politics.
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

Hmmmm.... I still didn't played S3, but i do read about lucia going to Dunan, I wonder who will she talk with? ;)
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
ItsDaveyJ

Post by ItsDaveyJ »

Tinto initiated to the best of my knowledge. They view the grasslands as a bit of a necessity to take over due to the harsh environment that most of Tinto has. But the conflicts haven't blown up to drastic levels. Just some gains in clan-less territory by Tinto ending with the wars petering out. I believe that another Tinto invasion occurred after S3 too. At least according to the Suikoden wiki.
tovath

Post by tovath »

If I remember correctly Zaxen and Tinto have a war afterS3. Given the geography of the region that war would likely take place on the Grasslands.
Yes I am writing a fanfic. How did you guess?