Surprise Marriage

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Jack of All Trades

Re: Surprise Marriage

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Yeah maybe teh only time Isato traveled home was to break it off with Urda. Sweet sweet interracial loving.
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

Clearly Haswar was getting married to Milich Oppenheimer, whom she met at Lym's coronation ceremony. :)

Okay, maybe not. ^_^

It's clearly Isato. I don't see how it couldn't be. It could possibly be someone like Galleon, but he has ideals on Dr. Silva. I can't see it being someone much younger. So yeah, Isato.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who thinks also it could be Kyle. He can't have Sialeeds, soooooo...
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Elves age slower than humans.

Isato is 22 years OLDER than Haswar..which may explain Isato's baldness :lol: haha.

Like I said, they look horrible together.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

What do you mean by 'look horrible'? Do you mean in the mere physical sense or the purely relational?

I think they work in the physical sense, just. They look about both the same age, even if Isato is older. I did think to myself when this post came up that Isato will definitely outlive Haswar, but I don't think it's an issue at their in-game current age.

More's the point... I think that maybe the surprise wedding could be Isato and Urda. It would be a surprise to Haswar, for sure. :)

Surely Haswar can marry people off... so maybe she marries them. Fitting in with Isato's ending, maybe he visits the Elven Lands with Urda one last time, and then he convinces her to follow him to the land of the humans. Otherwise, if Isato does live with Haswar, when she dies, Isato really has no reason not to go home to the Elves, really. Only someone who can live as long as Isato himself makes sense, and this being Urda.

Hang on, they're not brother and sister, are they? :(

Anyway, I still think it's Haswar but I thought I'd throw this out as another random suggestion.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who hopes they're not blood-related but didn't pay much attention to them because he didn't really care for the elves in any game so far...
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Imagine them at their wedding picture. That's horrible for me. Haswar has always looked older than Isato to me. She looked like late 30s or early 40s. Isato 20s to early 30s.
Jeremiah Ecks wrote:It could possibly be someone like Galleon, but he has ideals on Dr. Silva.
Galleon? Why?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
lepant

Post by lepant »

Jeremiah Ecks wrote:It could possibly be someone like Galleon, but he has ideals on Dr. Silva.
defiantly not Galleon as he was already married to Dr Silva but they got divorced years ago.

My own opinion is that Haswer would not get married as this would run the risk of having another succesion war as no matter how nice a person she may be she does come from a rather bloody and ruthless family. I do feel it may be the Prince and Lyon which may have been hinted at when the Prince and her held hands at the end although that may have just been an innocent gesture
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

lepant wrote:
defiantly not Galleon as he was already married to Dr Silva but they got divorced years ago.
Well, I threw in Galleon as just someone comparable in age. That'd be a surprise, right?
I know Galleon has ideals on Dr. Silva, but, then there's nothing to say that he isn't interested in anybody else. Don't misunderstand, this is the same post I say she was interested in Milich. :mrgreen: I was sort of kidding and making random surprise theories. Actually, I could see Galleon and Haswar working... in the realms of fanfiction, I suppose. He's a Queen's Knight and has certainly seen Haswar enough times at official ceremonies, maybe even bodyguarded for her and Isato on occasion. They're the right age to share a lot of priorities in life. He's very serious, she's very casual, and opposites often attract (when they're complimentary, like I think they would both be). So it's not such a huge jump as you'd think... save that there's not even a hint of it in the game at all. :lol:

Just as feasible... Josephine and Euram Barows. Urhm...
lepant wrote:My own opinion is that Haswer would not get married as this would run the risk of having another succesion war as no matter how nice a person she may be she does come from a rather bloody and ruthless family. I do feel it may be the Prince and Lyon which may have been hinted at when the Prince and her held hands at the end although that may have just been an innocent gesture
I'd happily go with the Prince and Lyon. Clearly an extended relationship between the two is hinted at. Ironically, if something ever happened to Lymsleia and she died, that would make Lyon the official Queen of Falena. Nobody saw that coming!

I still think the Isato / Haswar thing seems to fit the context better, though. Simply because of the pure love Isato has for her. He lavishes everything on her, and I think it would be a nice fit. I think it's strange mentioning marriage in Haswar's ending scene if it wasn't intended to be her marriage, and judging by the fact that Isato never returns to his people (except for one occasion - to invite them to his wedding?) there must be something that keeps his attention in Falena. I know he's loyal to Haswar already, but... the endings seem to imply something... more.

As far as Sucession Wars and bonds and honour go... I think part of the problem was when Arshtat and Sialeeds were alive, the disputes on Succession were more intense there. With Lymsleia, there is only one person suitable for the throne (Frey just isn't considered), and there are no disputes. Arshtat goes nuts. Sialeeds is rogue. It's not like Haswar's family has a sense of playing by conventional rules. She herself appears as both an advocate of traditions (the Purifaction Rites) but also quite unconventional herself, in her manner, how she conducts herself, and how she views situations. Whilst I could imagine her going along with tradition when convenient and when it benefits the populace, I could also see her dropping those same traditions at the merest whim. She seems more frivilous than the rest of her family, even Sialeeds. So ultimately, what I'm saying is that whilst Haswar would certainly stand by her bond and attempt to prevent any more bloodshed or dispute over the thone, when Lym ascends, she doesn't really have any more reason to remain unmarried. There was enough dispute with Lym and Gizel, by the end of the Sun Rune War, I don't think anybody is going to be sitting there trying to put Haswar on the throne. By then, Frey is the public darling. Haswar, Sialeeds and Ashtat are pretty much old hat and there's a new reign, a new setup, Queens Knights and all. Lym is ruling (albeit young, but favoured) with Frey and Lyon, who are now famous as war heroes. Haswar is pretty much back into the background.

When you all add that up together, it seems to me like Haswar, if she fancied finally getting wed, wouldn't have any problem doing so. Lastly, it seems to be tragic that Haswar and Sialeeds can't, and the ending seems a reversal of that tragedy, a happy ending for the two.

That's what it seems to be to be the intention. However, maybe the surprise is a double wedding? :!: You know, Lyon, and Freyjadour, and Haswar and Isato. :idea:

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who wonders if Marina and Belcoot got married.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I just don't see Isato and Haswar getting married. Sure, he's devoted to her, but he was devoted to the oracle who was around before Haswar took over the position. In the beginning of the game, he tells Urda that he's staying in Lunas because the oracle, whoever it is, is protecting the river, the gold, and Alseid from polution and greedy humans. So, I don't think that he's necessarily in love with Haswar.

If it is Haswar who indeed does get married, I think that it will remain a mystery who the groom is.
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

I told you, it's Milich Oppenheimer. :lol:

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who wants to debate why Haswar is not in SI now. :mrgreen:
ralphyu

Post by ralphyu »

Marrying will never cause another bloody succession war, because as far as i remember, the previous succession war became bloody because of the involvement of Senate (Godwins, and Barrows), and for Isato and Haswar, I dont think they are compatible to each other, because remember, Haswar said she's afraid of her family dying out, Well, If Elves and Humans are compatible to each other, then no problem, i guess.
~To defy Me is to defy the Sun~ Arsthat Falena
Heptade

Post by Heptade »

Haswar is just being reasonable. The reasons for the no-marriage pact make no sense anymore. They did it to prevent an eventual succession war (if that had worked, there simply would not be a Suikoden V game), but at the time, they did not know how many heiresses Arshtat would produce, and how the family would look years later.

Years later, Arshtat and Sialeeds are both dead, and Lymsleia is queen with Haswar as the only remaining heiress. There is a possibility that Lymsleia is barren or only has male children or dies young, now THAT would lead to a succession crisis. Haswar marrying while she is still fertile (according the the wiki, she is 39 at the end of the war) helps to assure the survival of the line should the worst happen.

Also, according to Oboro's investigations, Haswar is indeed worried about the future of the family.

Furthermore, Haswar might have realized that, had Sialeeds wed Gizel as originally planned, a war might have been avoided...
Heptade

Post by Heptade »

As for her husband, what about Shula Valya? It would make sense from a political point of view, as it would strengthen the truce between Falena and Armes. And IIRC, the ending states that Shula remains in Falena.

Another possibility is Euram Barows, an arrangement which would likely pacify the most conservative factions within the nobility.