The Dragon Rune

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Homac

The Dragon Rune

Post by Homac »

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the Dragon Rune is also responsible for the existence of the Dragon Horses seen in Suikoden V.

I don't know why I'd never wondered about it before.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Re: The Dragon Rune

Post by Icegryphon »

Who knows what all they consider "dragons"?
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I don't see why they wouldn't be, if they have any relation to dragons then they should have originated from the world of wings and scales and thus their existence in the suiko world depends on the existence of the Dragon Rune.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

I have wondered the same thing, my guess would be yes. I try to think of it like we do with the Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species. Dragons would be considered in the Order or Family section I am guessing because their Class would be Reptile ( I am pretty sure this is how it would go) I am leaning more towards the "Order", like how "Primates" are an "Order" from the "Class" Mammal. So "Dragons" would be an "Order" from the "Class" Reptile. If I am correct (or at least in the ball park) this would mean that there would still be different Family, Genus and Species of Dragons, which would result in a plethora of different types and looks of dragons.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

@TrueWater00
Yeah it sounds plausible. It would pretty much be impossible to keep the ecosystem alive if there only existed one race of animals in any dimension. That kinda makes me wonder though if the lizard clan from SIII also could be from the world of wings and scales and what other animals might origainally be from other dimensions.

I'm guessing that the world of wings and scales is just as rich on life as the main Suikoworld. Curse you Konami! For not letting Tierkries take place in that world instead of in that other random nameless dimension! :evil:
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

@DoReMi - You know, I actually thought the EXACT same thing, they already gave us a few other worlds that Tierkreis COULD have been set in, Wings and Scales, wherever the fog ship guide was from, and there are some others that I can't think of at the moment, just another reason why I hate Tierkreis so much though :/
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Taxonomy is nice, unless of course the name just happens to be coincidental. For instance, the Komodo dragon and the dragonfly both have dragon in their name, but are only distantly related taxonomically. Suikoden's taxonomy could be like D&D where there are true dragons, and then there are imitators, like wyverns, which look like dragons, but are in fact not dragons. Alas, mythical taxonomy is not a particularly exact science.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

There is simply not enough information on that True Rune yet. Wait for the next Suikoden, guys.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!