True Wind Rune's Vision?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Mio
Banned User

True Wind Rune's Vision?

Post by Mio »

Why does the True Wind Rune have the ability of foresight?

wait scratch that, does the True Wind Rune really have the ability of foresight?

it wasn't an illusion or something?

if yes, then why does clairvoyance a property of teh True Wind Rune?

I can't connect the dots...

The past bearer's vision i can understand

but future sight?

makes me wonder if this is exclusive to True Wind Rune alone...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: True Wind Rune's Vision?

Post by patapi »

I thought it was mentioned that those are the True Rune's memories. Presumably the original Flame Champion also had visions like that from True Fire Rune, so it can't be unique only to True Wind. I seem to recall both Geddoe and Wyatt hinting at experiencing similar visions.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

so why would Luc be threatened by the past?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Mio wrote:so why would Luc be threatened by the past?
Because the past may have the tendency to happen again in the future.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

may I ask what exactly is that vision about?

i failed to grasp this concept while playing SIII
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

I am sure Luc seen more then what he wanted Hugo or the other 2 heroes to see.

It looked like Hugo's town was just desolated.
No life, looks like nothing was there to look forward to.
As Luc Explains it to him, they will not listen.
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

I tought what Luc showed the hero to see was a future where nothingness prevails. I seem to remember Hugo saying something that indicates the vllage being "without wind" like it's empty or something. I don't really get it either,
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

I thought Luc saw a world where order and chaos were imbalanced. Where order had created a world without growth and change.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

What masamune said. The true wind rune showed a future in which the side of order prevailed over chaos and the world fell under the rule of law. nothing changes, everything is organized and immovable. Thus stagnation.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I was debating whether I should start a new topic or continue in this one. I decided to continue this one.

I have some some further questions about the True Wind Rune and indeed all of the runes:

Did the TWR know that Luc would want to destroy it?
If so, why did it show Luc the possible future?
If not, it doesn't seem to have a very good idea of its host and the specific near future.

OR

If it did know Luc would try to destroy it, did the TWR want to be destroyed?
(I suggest this may be true. In the vision shown to Hugo, there is no wind. If order won out, the domain ruled by TWR would effectively be non-existent.)

By the way, these questions may be out of order.

Would other TRs in the area be destroyed along with the TWR and all the living things on the continent (TFR, TWaR, TLR, TER, Circle, Night, possibly Beginning, Blue Moon, Eightfold, Beast)?

Does the TWR want order to dominate over chaos?

If the TWR didn't want to be destroyed, why didn't it try harder to prevent Luc from going through with the ritual? (i.e. the Wind RIncar attacking Luc instead of your party at the end.) We know that the runes are semi-sentient, but it seems to be pretty impotent in this situation; Luc seems to have all the control in the relationship.

OR

Did the TWR really have alot of foreknowledge? Did it know that the other four TRs would unite to prevent the destruction from taking place?
If that's the case, maybe the TWR was just trying to get somebody to kill Luc so that it wouldn't be fused to his soul anymore.

Just some thoughts and I'm eager to hear your responses.
Sovereign

Post by Sovereign »

Iesous wrote:I was debating whether I should start a new topic or continue in this one. I decided to continue this one.

I have some some further questions about the True Wind Rune and indeed all of the runes:

Did the TWR know that Luc would want to destroy it?
If so, why did it show Luc the possible future?
If not, it doesn't seem to have a very good idea of its host and the specific near future.

OR

(I suggest this may be true. In the vision shown to Hugo, there is no wind. If order won out, the domain ruled by TWR would effectively be non-existent.)

By the way, these questions may be out of order.

Would other TRs in the area be destroyed along with the TWR and all the living things on the continent (TFR, TWaR, TLR, TER, Circle, Night, possibly Beginning, Blue Moon, Eightfold, Beast)?

If the TWR didn't want to be destroyed, why didn't it try harder to prevent Luc from going through with the ritual? (i.e. the Wind RIncar attacking Luc instead of your party at the end.) We know that the runes are semi-sentient, but it seems to be pretty impotent in this situation; Luc seems to have all the control in the relationship.

OR

Did the TWR really have alot of foreknowledge? Did it know that the other four TRs would unite to prevent the destruction from taking place?
If that's the case, maybe the TWR was just trying to get somebody to kill Luc so that it wouldn't be fused to his soul anymore.

Just some thoughts and I'm eager to hear your responses.
Those are all extremely good questions that if answered would fill in a lot of lore about the sentience of true runes and to what extent they are capable of conscious thought. It would seem to me that since True Runes move from one host to another that to some extent self-preservation should be a driving force in all decisions they make.

The only way I could see the TWR not making an attempt to free itself from it's host when the bearer had the intention of destroying it (Which I find highly unlikely) would be if the TWR was aware of the outcome (the other bearers foiling Luc's plans) like you stated and thus no harm would come to it.

The idea I like the most however is the possibility that the True Wind Rune wanted Luc to be killed by the other true rune bearers so that it could be freed of a rogue bearer seeking to end its existence.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Wow....Sovereign i never thought about it that way...because we know that the true runes have the choice to abandon their bearers if they find a new one, so they have some form of conscious thought. However, luc had so much hate within himself (not like yubers blood lust) more so like he realized that he was nothing more than a created body by Hikusaak to bear the true wind rune, the fact that most of his life he had to stay on magician island to protect leknaat from windy. I think he was just tired of living and felt betrayed by everyone he ever knew. I believe that the true wind rune saw this as "weak" and the last thing a true rune wants to be a part of is anything weak. So I do believe that lucs fate was pretty much sealed, and thats what the true wind rune intended.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

Iesous wrote:I was debating whether I should start a new topic or continue in this one. I decided to continue this one.
I've actually always thought that. Perhaps the TWR thought that Order would prevail (probably from Hik getting all the TRs and not letting the world change.) And the wind is a changing thing (as are all elements) but perhaps the other elements think that Hik wont prevail and thats why they arent suicidal. Because, if they are all capable of thought as we think than i doubt they think the same thing just like any human (or god from old mythology i.e. zeus and hades thought different things).
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I think everyone forgets that Luc was born with the TWR. Maybe up until Hikusaak created Luc and Sasari their runes were dormant. I'm thinking that because Hikusaak had already had possession (not bearing them) thats why he decided to create the two brothers. They say the runes are the original memories of the creation of the world (along those lines) the vision that Luc could see was probaly an infinite vision (all the way to the past to the future) because he is the only who ever beared that rune. In comparison, since Hugo was a very new bearer of a true rune his visions were very limited, in fact maybe he could only see the last couple visions of the previous champion. Same with Chris (all of my thoughts are based on that I chose Hugo as the rightful Flame champion) since she was a very new bearer of a true rune, the moment she came in contact with the True Water Rune she immediatley realized Jimba was her father, she probaly could not see all of the things that Jimba saw as the bearer because the rune was being transfered from one person to another. Hence Luc being the only bearer and probaly a little bit that he wasn't born naturaly is why he has an infinite vision. Which basicaly takes everything out of life for him because he knows everything that happened already and probaly what will happen in the future. I think he says to Hugo "if this is your idea of freedom then this world is a giant cell and you have an invisible leash around your neck" very depressing mentality but its all from his rune and how he was born.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Tenko5

Post by Tenko5 »

Thats an intresting thought but like you said he created two shells to house runes (that we know of). So, it would make sense that both Sas and Luc were born with them. So why did only Luc go homicidal/sucidal than?
Those who know much suffer much. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Why can't you be more sincere and earnest?! Like me!
Kyle: Yeah, how's that working out for you again?