Suikogaiden: The much too many asked question

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
Wraith

Suikogaiden: The much too many asked question

Post by Wraith »

I know this question was asked many times before but since its been so long I figured I could ask anwyay.

A year or 2 ago (or even longer) I've seen that there were many people attempting to create a fan-based translation of the Suikogaiden series. I wonder if this has worked or if they are still busy with it (or not doing it at all.). I hope someone on the forum knows of someone attempting this or that has done this. I don't care if you need to pay for it or not.

Since there must be many people wanting a translation( be it official or fan-based) I do not see how this could not have been made by now.

EDIT: Due to the fact that the Suikogaiden section has fallen into dissuse I forgot about its existence and accidently posted it here.

EDIT2: Never mind, it has been moved.
Felenan Prince

Post by Felenan Prince »

I wish someone where to make a translation. After playing suikoden 5 i realize that the gaidens give some extra things that make suikoden better to understand. I'll admit the first time i saw Nash in suikoden 3 i though he was a new character.
Koden

Post by Koden »

I think you could probably find a translated version as a bit torrent you can download, if you are willing to do that. i couldn't tell you any sites cus i don't do that (really, i don't...my brother does it) but a lot of people can translate it so it'll be kinda weird to play, but it should work...oh and you'll probably also need an emulator...unless you plan to burn it. if not, get an emulator, so you can play it on the computer.
MaskedBishop

Re: Suikogaiden: The much too many asked question

Post by MaskedBishop »

Figured its preferred I resurrect a dead thread, as opposed to starting a new one when my question works with this one.

Has anyone found any torrent site that hosts a translated Suikogaiden? I've looked around at my normal haunts and havent been able to track one down. This would be lovely, if it exists and you can provide me with a link :)

Thanks for any help that can be offered.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i don't think it was popular enough for people to translate....
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

I think someone translated the 1st chapter in the 1st GSgaiden, and it was pretty good, but of course, it's just the first parts.

EDIT: Ah, found it. Look for the link in the 1st post.

http://www.konamistars.com/konamistars/ ... pic&t=2170
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It's actually only about 1/20th of chapter 1. It was done by AsmodeanBT aka Raww Le Klueze of kleuze.com

The text was translated by me.
reapz

Post by reapz »

is it worth it ? i mean does THAT much happen during the dunan unification war that u would actually miss or oversee chunks of important suikoden history?
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

Suikogaiden is a game? I thought it was just a japanese manga...
Olvidada

Post by Olvidada »

I can't believe this game hasn't been translated. I mean, I found this PSX game on the internet that had been translated, and it was this stupid dating-sim game where you were a vampire and you had to get some girl to like you so you could dirnk her blood, and it was called Blood Lust of Vampiric Love or some other shut bull****. I'm just saying, if someone takes there time to translate that piece of crap, couldn't someone do it for this forgotten game? I'd be happy with just a translated script in a .doc file or something, that I could look at as I played the rom. Sorry, had to get that off my chest like breast reduction.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

KFCrispy wrote:i don't think it was popular enough for people to translate....
it should have been :<

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Olvidada

Post by Olvidada »

What ever happend to Kleuze anyway? I just found the 3-minute demo, and that was top-notch work. Sigh, I want to play those games so bad. Hell, I'd pay someone to translate these, and I bet some other people would, too.
Quing

Post by Quing »

See, the question is not one of people being willing to pay. The question is one of how much people are willing to pay. As I recall, several attempts have been made to organize people into paying for a translator, and I believe Vextor was even willing to be the one to do it. However, the efforts have all fallen apart due to bad organization. This has left me with the belief that one only has a couple of solutions. A) One can pay for a translator BY ONESELF or with a few VERY close friends. This would ensure that all the money was accounted for and the stuff subsequently got translated. B) One can translate Suikogaiden personally or with a few close friends. At any rate, this has the advantages that it is free and that it's your own fault if it doesn't get done. And I believe that that covers the viable options. Personally, I lean toward plan B. However, waiting on me would be a very bad plan due to the fact that soon I am going to drop off of the face of the planet for 2 years. Eventually, however, I do intend to translate it myself and a little help from my friends if it isn't done by then.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu. This is my belief. At least for now.
Olvidada

Post by Olvidada »

I've been waiting ever since I heard about this game for someone to translate it. I'm sure I can wait a few more years. As long as it gets translated eventually, I suppose I can continue living.
Emperor

Post by Emperor »

Suikogaiden. the only suikoden game i never played yet.

YES. there's a need to translate those games. Besides, I played card stories and i had no idea what to do, well if i was japanese it wouldnt be a problem... but im not