Translation

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
EmperorLarot

Post by EmperorLarot »

Hey guys, I'll translate it and for free too. I have the free time to do it. I'll do most of the grunt work, my only problem is I'm not fluent at all in japanese and Im not sure of some of the sentence structure.

If I could get a japanese speaking person to teach me here and there until I can get it by myself I'll do it just fine

I've already started. been translating the manual(but im not sure how correctly is the thing)

aim me if you want to help
my aim name is emperorlarot

also thanks SARAS admin just knowing they say those things will help me when I translate that part. if you still have your translating notes if you have any that is and would be willing to show me them that would be great
Pureheart

Post by Pureheart »

Is this still going on? I checked the date of the last message and it was September.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

These efforts usually end up stalling because the effort is never concentrated. Thus, we end up with multiple scripts of portions of chapter one.
Pureheart

Post by Pureheart »

Aw dang... wish I knew Japanese and how to rip text from a Playstation game as well as how to make a translation patch from the data. I guess I could still do it if someone could tell me how to do the ripping and patching, but the translation would be completely Altavista.

Probably what I do in that case is rip the text segment by segment, try to gather what Altavista is trying to translate, then rewrite the whole story going by what little information I gleaned from the translator. Would, by no means, be a real translation, but at least you could play it in English.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Waha???? Translate? Suikogaiden??? Suikoden card stories???? SCORE!!!

Well for those translating it gets to be TOO much of a problem I'd say even translating the menu alone would be good enough as all I really need to do is play through it. I mean it would be fun to know the story and all but just going through the game I'm sure people would pick up on the story.
Pureheart

Post by Pureheart »

I think you misunderstand what kind of game this is. It is a text-based game, not an RPG. It is kind of like reading a book where you can make decisions that affect the story, kind of like those Japanese dating games.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

DAMMIT!!! Well I like those too, but I guess they must be completelly translated. Well the card game isn't that bad at least and I PLAYED THAT!!!
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
RiceBowl52

Post by RiceBowl52 »

The translating process would probably take an enourmous amount of time since its all text :)
Pureheart

Post by Pureheart »

And expensive! SARSadmin offered to translate it for $2000, but only got about $500 worth in pledges. Granted, I got a little more than $2000 in my bank account, but to pay that much for someone just to translate it so someone else could make a patch for the game, just does not seem like a very wise business investment. Now, if it were to translate the game and have it offically released in America by Konami, then we may have something going there.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

No, I'm talking about the core of Suikoden Card Stories. Only the menues. Nothing else!!! Just so we can actually play the game.
Pureheart

Post by Pureheart »

The menus alone? I guess you PM SARSadmin and see if he would do that much, though I am more interested in the Suikogaiden games being trasnlated...
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well of course I'd want to play the Suikogaidens more as well but at this point I'm willing to settle for anything I can get. I really wish Konami would release all their Suikoden materials in English. They should pay SARS to be their English contact and translate heh. Am I the only one here that would like the menu translations???
Genso

Post by Genso »

Having the menu translated will not be enough to play the Card Stories game. In order to get through the game (meaning, actually winning the card battles so that you can progress in the story) you have to know what each card saids at the text portion on the bottom.

If you just want to try it out and have no intention of actually progressing the story, having the menu translated may be fine. But I personally think it's a waste of money to splurge on the GBA game for just a few battles that you may be able to progress to without knowing what each cards say.

I think some people have already actually translated some of those cards though, but it's not gathered up in one place for everyone to see most likely. But this gives me an idea for a project. O_O
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It would be difficult for me to translate Card Stories because I am not really interested in that spinoff. I have translated all of the cards and their affects before, but I have no idea where the translations have gone, and I think the translation I did was not very good because I don't understand the game mechanics.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

What about Suikogaiden? Is that basically like translating a book???