Popularity

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Popularity

Post by wataru14 »

Do you spend Popularity points to make choices like you do with Luck or does the total never decrease?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Popularity

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Companion, Popularity and Secret points don't decrease nor do they have any visual representation.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Thanks! But now I'm confused about something with the flowchart.

Many of the Luck+1 choices say "Popularity-1" underneath. Most of the Episode 1 Sierra choices for example. If your Popularity never goes down, based on what the flowchart explanation says, you need to have at least 1 Popularity to choose most of those options. But you don't. I'm playing it for the first time and am doing a "jump the bridge" run. I never once increased my Popularity in Episode 1, but I could pick all the Luck+1 options. Do you start with Popularity 1?

Also, choices with Annallee and Nina both list Popularity-1 as outcomes with no increase in Luck. Both seem like negative things to say, so it seems weird there would be a gatekeeping requirement to choose them. And meeting Clive says there is a requirement of 2+ Secret Points, but it also says Secret-1.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Sorry, what I meant was they don't decrease by choices like luck points do.

As in no choice will ever be greyed out because you don't have enough popularity points.

So for example a choice that says -1 LP means you must have at least 1 LP to make the choice, if you don't have any LP you can't make the choice.

But a choice that says -1 Popularity doesn't mean you must have at least 1 Popularity point to make it, it just means the score will go down if you make that choice. If your Popularity is 0 you can still make the choice and it will remain at 0.

Think of Luck Points as a currency that you spend to use certain choices and the others are more like stats that go up and down and affect some scenes but you don't spend them.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Got it. Makes sense. Thanks!