Suikoden II last save for Suikogaiden? (Spoilers!)

A forum for questions and discussions about the Gaiden titles, Cardstories for the Gameboy Advance and the physical card game.
unknown2u

Suikoden II last save for Suikogaiden? (Spoilers!)

Post by unknown2u »

Hello :)
I'm going through a long play of the Japanese versions Suikoden I -> Suikoden II -> Suikogaiden I + II

So I was wondering about the last save of Suikoden II.
I played this game 10 times and never thought about it.

In Suikoden I when you get to the last boss you get a good save point since it includes all the data of getting all the 108 stars of destiny AND saving Gremio.

On Suikoden II on the other hand, the truly last time can you save is after you defeated the Beast Rune, back in your HQ and before entering the Great Hall to make your decision.

But the thing is your final decision - whether to go to Jowy and get Nanami or to form a new country and forget about them is not saved.
I still haven't played Gensou Suikogaiden but wouldn't that be something of great effect???
I guess the same goes for transferring data to Suikoden III.

Because, even though you did get all 108 stars of destiny and Nanami might still be alive, the game doesn't "know" what last choice you made.

What do you think?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden II last save? (Spoilers!)

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It doesn't matter. Even if you load a non-108 Stars file into Suikogaiden it still behaves as if you saved Jowy and Nanami.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
unknown2u

Re: Suikoden II last save for Suikogaiden? (Spoilers!)

Post by unknown2u »

Really???

Wow that's a little weird isn't it....?
Then how exactly does transferring the data affect the Suikogaiden? In what aspects?

Oh and I also just read your reply to my other post about Clive's quest and Suikogaiden...
So I if it's actually before Suikoden II, really how does it change things?
As in... towards the end of the game?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It doesn't change anything except that in the scenes where the hero from Suikoden II is present he's named whatever you named him.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
unknown2u

Post by unknown2u »

Are you serious...?
Same goes for Suikogaiden II then..?

Hmm... that's a little bumming...
Well ok then I guess there's nothing to worry about making the wrong decisions in other cases if there are any...
Thank you! :)