help us complete our Guides!

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
eldrasidar

Re: help us complete our Guides!

Post by eldrasidar »

intriguing little goof. I can see how it might have been overlooked, given the lateness of the game, and the unlikeliness of the player wanting another flowing rune for the final battle (without it, you'd still have access to 1-2 others plus the true water rune and sasarai's flowing rune), particular since the only really good candidates for using it are Nei, Salome, or the two viki's and you're unlikely to bring all of them or want to use all of them as water magic users.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Flowing Rune drop fixed..
btw SIMSteven from gamefaqs says Jimba's Water magic skill is fixed so he actually has 4 free and 2 fixed skill slots. can someone verify? i just want to dobule-check but my PS2's video/audio out wire is busted so i had to order another one...
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

sure, I'll take a quick gander, I'll update this post when I has the answer.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Took a little longer than I expected, since the nearest save I had to when you could use Jimba was at the start of Chapter 4. The answer is yes, Jimba's water skill is fixed, along with his parry skill for 2 fixed skills total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks for your help!
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

no problem, ask me anytime something odd comes up.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

ok, why is it that dream robe never appears on my game?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

same reason I've never seen a fortune rune: luck.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

here's another goof that's been lingering in our guides for a while: currently the rune slots guide says Dupa gets an open rune slot at level 40, and Bazba get's one at level 57. In fact, neither of them ever gets an open rune slot, which is too bad, because they both could really have benefitted from one.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah i keep forgetting to check that. i want to try leveling them to 59/60 to see what happens, and probably another good check is 99 "just in case"!
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Going to level 99 seems a bit extreme, considering that the highest level anyone's ever gained an extra rune slot is Hoi at level 80 in Suikoden 2, and I'd like to think the Suikoden team learned to not do that again(and they never have done it since). I might actually be wrong about bazba, but I'm pretty confident about Dupa not getting anything, certainly not at level 40(since you get him at level 47), and several other guides, including our own sword of magic in depth guide, say he doesn't get one.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

KFCrispy wrote:yeah i keep forgetting to check that. i want to try leveling them to 59/60 to see what happens, and probably another good check is 99 "just in case"!
Have fun :)
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Checked Bazba and Dupa to level 57, where Bazba did in fact get a rune slot. Don't know why I thought he wouldn't. Dupa however remains with just he fixed fury rune.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

heh thanks! i'll take out Dupa's... might check later but if i don't it's more correct than saying he does get one! i was worried about Bazba because i was pretty sure i used him with a Double-Strike Rune to have fun abusing the Adonis unite..
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I'm not sure if this issue has been asked somewhere but i don't seem to find it:
How to unlock a certain items in Dominic shop? I'm not talking about regular items that you have to visit shops around world to have them listed in Dominic shop. I'm talking about rare stuff like Chief hat, wizard hat(but none of unique gear like dragon scale or chain attack ring is available though)
I know you might going to say it's in rarity categorie only stuff but, trust me, it's possible in a way, in my first playthrough i unlocked them unintentionally, but from 2nd playthrough until now, i can't manage to do that again, my hypothyse is that we must sell to him at least 5 pieces of each kind since in my 1st game i spent alot of time farming then sold away a lot of good stuff near end game, and yes, just noticed them appeared in Dominic shop near end game.