help us complete our Guides!

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

help us complete our Guides!

Post by KFCrispy »

if you happen to be playing Suikoden III right now and pretty early in the game, please try to record some information for us!

Our rune slots guide says Dupa gets a LH rune slot opened at level 40, but that is not the case. Does anyone have a high-level Dupa or even Shiba with an open rune slot?

DONE Kosanji - what level does Adrenaline Power unlock?
DONE Franz - with just equipment, how many swings can he get? probably 1 or 2...
DONE Rhett (Chris 2 or 3?) - initial skills and grades, what level does Magic Repel unlock?
DONE Wilder (Chris 2 or 3?) - initial skills and grades, what level does Magic Repel unlock?
DONE Shiba (Geddoe 1) - initial skills and grades

the rest are Chapter 4 and on. i'll be able to do these eventually, as long as i remember...
Sasarai - does he earn new skills when he levels up?
Yuber - any new skills when he levels up??
Dura Sinai

Re: help us complete the Skills Guide!

Post by Dura Sinai »

Hugo starts with counter but gets Continuous attack at lv 20
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you sure he starts Counter? i know he starts with a Feather Band that gives Counter +1, so it should be something like D when you just look at the skills screen..... heh, i guess could just quickly start a new game to verify ^_^

thanks!!!
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Yep. Hugo, according to a log I started, starts at lv 12 wpn lv 3

His starting stats are D Heavy Damage, D continuous attack, E Swing, E Accuracy, E Wind Magic, and an empty spot. He then gets an E in continuous attack at lv 20

Will probably have more as things progress. So far it is looking like a lot of the unlocked stuff is coming in at levels that are a factor of 5 with Lulu's lv 15 cont attack, Alanis' lv 15 Shield Mag etc.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

awesome, thanks!
His starting stats are D Heavy Damage, D continuous attack, E Swing, E Accuracy, E Wind Magic, and an empty spot. He then gets an E in continuous attack at lv 20
and i think you meant D Counter Attack there.. but i believe that includes the helmet he's wearing at the time that's +1 Counter skill. so he should be E, right?
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Ah yes, my mistake. And yes the feather band affects things in his case. It should be E as a base.
Seiki

Re: help us complete the Skills/Runeslot Guide!

Post by Seiki »

Noticed this post when I started my most recent playthrough, so...

Wilder and Rhett join at the beginning of Chris 3.

Wilder joined at level 42, with:

Magic Repel: C
Damage: C
Accuracy: D
Repel: C
and 1 free slot.

Rhett joined at level 40, with:

Magic Repel: C
Accuracy: C
Damage: B
Repel: D
and 1 free slot.

My Chris was level 35 at the time, I don't know if their levels are based off of hers or not. I'll keep a seperate save at this point in case you have any additional questions about them.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks! please try to note when they gain Magic Repel! :)
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

i'm in geddoe's chapter 1 right now. i'll be playing later when i get back from work, but I'm sure I'll hit the point where I meet up with Shiba. Do you still need those skills/grades?

edit: Shiba comes at level 26, with a B in Fighting Spirit, a B in Accuracy, and an A in Damage with another 1000 skill points at your disposal.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

hey guys do u realize that sarah have SS rank of Pale Gate Rune,but on her forehead there's a Flowing rune that can't be removed.. (permanently!)

how do u resolve this problem?
Chaos will suit me just fine
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Yes, Sarah does achieve an S in the Pale Gate skill but can't equip it when you use her because she as a permanent Flowing Rune on her head... there is nothing wrong with the information. just because someone can't actually use a rune doesn't mean they can't have the skill, as there could have been decisions in the development process that left some info hanging or was mistakenly coded.
In the case of Sarah, she does use a Pale Gate rune when you fight her in strategy/map battles, so it does have some application even if you can't make use of it when she is playable.

another noticeable problem in this game is that Sgt. Joe has Chanting Volume and can't use the Jongleur Rune. many speculate it's because he's loud and the developers wanted to show it through giving him this skill, and others think it was supposed to be Magic Repel since the other 2 ducks get this skill and the code value for Magic Repel is like 1 value off from Chanting Volume.

In Suikoden V, Killey can learn Magic Sword and Zen Sword skills but can't actually use the Sword of Magic runes.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The most irritating thing, however, is Guillaume having combat skills.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

CelesDestiny wrote:The most irritating thing, however, is Guillaume having combat skills.
He does duel, and skills do effect those. Not that you could level them for those though since he only duels as an enemy.

Though he was clearly meant to fight at some point as he has lines scattered throughout the script and supports don't talk.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

Yes Just like Luc, he has more powerfull Pale Gate Rune than sarah,,
but as i remembered he also cannot equip it.. or i haven't got the rune.. well i forget..
Chaos will suit me just fine
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i filled in that Rhett and Wilder get all those skills initially (starting level 1)... their Magic Repel skills must be initially available since they start with the skill at C (right?). there are questions about Sasarai and Yuber, but it's not likely that they get anything else.
thanks everyone!

UPDATE: doh, i just noticed we don't have the level for Kosanji's Adrenaline Power :/