Fire Magic Rings

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Halfhand

Post by Halfhand »

You can still get water magic rings from the second body in the FCH and earth magic rings from the mout hei treasure boss. Plus a few recruitable characters come with them.
Fugen

Post by Fugen »

Halfhand wrote:You can still get water magic rings from the second body in the FCH and earth magic rings from the mout hei treasure boss. Plus a few recruitable characters come with them.
Thanks, haven't seen any at the 2nd dead body or on characters - I think they must be later in the game.

Missing about 12 characters now, still in ch. 4.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the bodies are in the dead-ends of the stages. there are 2 in the Hideaway, the one with the random Pale Gate is at the first fork left branch, and the other is the branch before the save point (to the left, again)
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Hey Halfhand how did you manage to get the 3rd Fire ring? I tried many time but i can only get 2. How long did you wait to ge tthe 3rd one?

And also for the lightning ring. Do they only appear in Geddoe chapter 2?
SuikoMJM

Water Magic Rings

Post by SuikoMJM »

/edit This post was inaccurate.
Last edited by SuikoMJM on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

How to make fire magic ring appear more often?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

You can't MAKE it appear more often. It's by luck.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Hi,

Anyone here ever got 3 Fire Magic Ring in Hugo chapter 3 alone?
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

*raises hand*
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

I can't seem to get the 3rd one. Why? I spent more than 7 hours just trying and reseting.
Valhala

Re: Fire Magic Rings

Post by Valhala »

It's strange i got only one Fire Magic Ring with Geddoe in Chapter 3 i have spent hours and hours defeating Azzodess and nothing...i don't have much problens with Earth and Lightning rings though.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

It's mostly based on luck. to get some faster, and save a little time, save before you beat the azzodess, beat her, check the treasure, if it's there great, wait around 30 minutes for it to reset, then go back. if there isn't a fire magic ring, reset the game, and go and beat the azzodess again. repeat as neccessary. you can do the same trick with corpses. having a team with high luck will probably help the process go faster. The characters with high luck are: Belle, Chris, Cecile, Mel, Rhett, Rico, Sgt. Joe, Shabon, Thomas, Small Viki, and big Viki, who has highest in the game. Obviously, for getting fire rings, Chris has the best chance to do it, assuming you recruit Mel and Shabon with her. Chris's final chp. 3 team could then include 4 characters with high luck, brought down slightly by nash who has one of the worst luck stats in the game. Hugo's team could have 3 high luck characters, and 3 average luck characters. Geddoe's team is entirely made of average luck characters, so he'll always have the most difficulty getting rare items.
Valhala

Post by Valhala »

Thanks for the tips Eldrasidar :D after some time i got the second Fire Ring not much time later i got another one(i was extremely luck i guess)now i have 3 Fire Rings with Geddoe in this Chapter,im using one on Joker and i will save the other two for the Chapter 4 im planing to save 5 of each rings(Lightning,Earth and Fire)i wish i could save more but my warehouse is stuffed of Mother Earth and Rage runes...oh i have another question is it possible to farm Wind Magic rings?if yes where i can farm them?i know its possible to farm Water rings in FlameChampionHideaway i got some with Hugo before '-'.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

you only ever get 1 wind magic ring, from beating luc in chp 5 at mt. senai, so you'll only ever get one great wind caster(2 if you really invest time and effort into Thomas). I can't remember if you can farm wind hats(which also boost wind magic by one) either. You can definitely get at least two, one of them from a treasure boss in the flame champion hideaway, but I can't recall if it's a one time only reward or not. Luckily, cyclone runes are relatively easy enough to come by, and they have very fast casting times, so even a B+ character can cast all spell levels in 1 turn, rather than the A you would need to do the same with thunder or A+ with rage, so any of the 30+ characters with natural b+'s or better can do great with a cyclone rune without extra equipment. For a great wind mage though, you got very few options.

Yuiri, and both Viki's have the only natural A's in wind, and Thomas has the only A+, However, Big Viki is one of the two characters in the game that will misfire spells on occasion, causing party members damage, and Thomas has a lousy magic stat(could be improved through substantial use of the stat stone trick), so Yuiri or Small Viki are the only real candidates to bump up to S level magic, although it'll be late in chapter 5 before you can do it with either.

one note; Mel also has an effective A in wind magic, since she's naturally a B+ in it, and has a permanently attached wind hat, but she is the other character besides big viki who can misfire spells. Also, Mel has a natural S in lightning magic that you might rather capitalize on, although she only has average magic, so she'll never be a great magician in either case.

one last note: mother earth and rage runes are two runes you'll only ever need a few of.

Mother Earth can only really be capitalized on by Yumi, since she's the only character with a natural A in earth who also has high magic, besides Sasarai, who gets true earth(although mother earth is faster, and you'll only get true earth for the final boss fight). Other characters you might give mother earth to either require too many earth rings(3), which kills their defense, or aren't able to bring to bear enough magic power to make it effective; plus a standard earth rune, which still has earthquake and has clay guardian, is usually better. besides, furious blow on a thunder rune is a faster and more powerful spell, without the land-based limitation.

Rage is best used by Joker, Lucia, or Rody. Estella has her own, so we won't count her, so you'll need at most 3 rage runes. other characters, like with mother earth, require you to invest too much for what you'd gain, particularly as rage's best spell is its level four, final flame, which requires a high magic stat character to potentially use more than once between healings. Also keep in mind that most of the time, thunder is preferable to rage, since only Rody is able to use precision to keep fire damage off of your party when using lower level spells. Plus, as noted above, thunder users only need an A to cast every spell in under a turn, while rage users need the A+ for final Flame, the only spell that only damages your opponent. so you can get a lot more effective thunder users by simply using either a wizard hat or a lightning magic ring, instead of both. Particularly if a character is only average in magic, thunder is much better since nearly all of it's spell's will do a ton of damage, rather than just it's last one.
Valhala

Post by Valhala »

Thanks again :D it's unfortunate there are only two wind magic rings in the entire game :cry: im perfectionist i wanted to upgrade all the characters with wind aptitude to the maximum just like the others...I'm tired of reloading '-' as you said Geddoe sucks to farm rings so far i got only a few of them,my Warehouse is full and my bag is 17/30,im concerned about Chris chapter now the last one i have to finish before chapter 4...i got all the possible recruitable characters with Hugo do you know if Chris story characters like Salome and company have high luck stats?about Mother earth and Rage runes someone said here in the forum that you cant get them in chapter 4 is that true?