[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I thought Simone is not in Suikoden III? Did you mean Augustine?
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yeah, Simone's not in Suikoden III, although I think he , or was it Vincent, is mentioned in SIII.

Yeah, Vincent, it was him.
I hope everything is going delicious.
darkness knight

hmm

Post by darkness knight »

yeah augustine my mistake lol sorry, but even so the battle against the final boss would be very easy that way, and yes vincent is mentioned in suikoden 3
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
jasonm17

Post by jasonm17 »

Here's my final party. Some may think it's the easy way out but honestly, it works for me

Hugo (FC)
Fubar

Geddoe
Viki

Ayame (1 Jizo)
Landis (Double-Strike) (1 Jizo)

The first two pairs are pretty much there "just in case." Why? Level up Landis and Ayame enough and use their unite. The boss will usually fall in either 1 or 2 turns.
Silent-Lake

Post by Silent-Lake »

My Final Party was:

Chris
Alanis

Nei
Sasarai

Mel
Viki(little)

They are all good support and damage dealers. Alanis with Pale Gate, Shield and Water was a perfect combination for a hp healing or thrashing. Chris has great defence and her Phoenix Rune deals great damage. Mel has her S in lightning giving huge damage to the final boss and it would always end up casting first. Nei is great with her Jongleur Rune, it hardly ever cancels, also giving her an Earth and Shield Rune makes her a great supporter. Sasarai was my major healer, with his Flowing rune to heal or revive the party and the True Earth Rune to reflect damage. Viki was my healer aswell, giving her a Water and Shield Rune makes her great at healing the party without fuss, she also deals a bit of damage with her Blinking Rune.
al

Post by al »

final party

Kimi (Chris/FC) with mega medicine A
Juan with violence rune and 3x magic resistance rings (S rating with them)

juan attacks, chris uses the medicine. water rune got annoying reviving the dead runes).

first time i used;
chris
juan
emily
bright
nei
geddoe

Juan and emily's uber mulit attacks (shabon's, too) and nei with song of madness makes the fight the easiest boss fight in the game.

if you kill the first two runes your first turn your turn ends and the bird attacks no matter what. (ie; juan and emily kill the two runes, your turn ends, the bird attacks. the other 4 characters lose their chance and it's turn 2)
raingod

Post by raingod »

Hugo/Fubar-simply for the enormous amount of damage they can do-he was around level 60 (well all the characters were)

Futch/Bright- Same as above

Chris/Geddoe-I felt it only fair to have the other two main characters be there for the final boss. The only magic I used was a water rune on Chris.

I really wante4d to see if I could just use an all out bash a thon for the last boss, and it worked out very well. I did up ALL their magic defense to a B or B+; had medicine on all of them and the best equipment I could get my hands on.
Iris

Post by Iris »

As far as the Final Boss goes:

Hugo+Fubar
Chris+Geddoe
Viki+Viki or Futch+Bright

The Hubar combo does incredible damage, and then with five attacks it does even more. Chris and Geddoe are both gods in battle, and Geddoe's True Lightning Rune makes him even more powerful. Chris isn't the best spellcaster, but she's a secondary healer when needed.

I usually interchange Viki+Viki or Futch+Bright, depending on if I wanted a magical battle or a physical battle. The Vikis are both great magically, especially Little Viki when given a Pale Gate Rune (Incidentally, this also saved me in the battle against the True Water Rune Dragon). Futch and Bright are basically the same as Hugo and Fubar.
HymnofMidnight

Post by HymnofMidnight »

Hugo True Fire / Killer
Sasarai True Earth / Flowing / Pale Gate

Geddoe True Lightning / Wizard / Killer(I forgot if wizard rune was worth it but it hardly matters)
Mel Devil Doll / Pale Gate / Cyclone (removing either for a thunder rune is also an option)

Chris True Water / Phoenix
Viki Blinking / Cyclone / Pale Gate

Pretty self explanatory. Viki and Sasarai will mostly just be casting off spells, Mel is on par with Viki as both excellent wind casters(pretty much the only ones of their kind's with natural A's, although Mel only does so due to her permanent wind hat)

Mel was one of those non imperative characters that were in my opinion, very stellar
Ellerkerm5

Post by Ellerkerm5 »

What about Thomas chapter 2 recommended party members for the Strategy battle/normal battles?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

Post by KFCrispy »

once you realize Shabon's uberness, you can further the chaos by pairing her with Sgt. Joe. it's a *very* large area unite that does 1.2x dmg to the target and .6x to the surrounding.

for unites, i find Accuracy does matter, as enemies can guard, taking half damage or sometimes 1 dmg (it matters for her Lion Rune setup as well, actually, but i've never seen an enemy take 1 dmg from the Lion Rune)
by the time Hugo can recruit Shabon, you will basically have some Gale (Hugo chap 1 and 2, Bunnies in North Amur Plains)and Fury Runes (Bronze Suns, Ancient Highway chap 3), and maybe even a Double-Strike Rune from Mt. Hei-Tou.
she won't have a lot of rune slots until later, though.

at full capacity, the Mounted unite will have so many multipliers you'll be dizzy. 5-6 swings from Shabon, 2 or 3 from Joe (3 is tough to reach without a Gale Rune).... Shabon can use Double-Strike, Fury, and Warrior/Gale. Joe can use 2 runes, choose from Fury, Double-Strike, and Gale. work with Joe's Damage skill (can he wear Flame Casque?, plus Gold Beaks to reach the next swing then Silver Beaks to fill the other Accessory slots) and Shabon's swings (speed equipment to try to get an extra strike or just increase dmg.. Wind Hat, Feather Earrings/Belt of Strengths, and Taikyoku Tunic for more speed or True Thndrblt Leather for increased accuracy).

with these two, you can pretty much take out the entire enemy party before they attack. if you add Jeane (maybe other Rune Sages as well) as support, you can also combine it with the Jongleur.

and finally, since this unite is so useful (greater than 1x dmg to a boss but still covering an area for random encounters / boss' sidekicks), to use it every round (vs a boss) give Joe a Balance Rune.
mpieco

Post by mpieco »

I just decided to replay this game a few weeks ago. I'm preparing for the final battle right now. My planned team right now:

Juan- Waking, Fury
&
Geddoe- Wizard, True Fire, Thunder

Ayame- Shrike, Double-Strike
&
Landis-Drain, Double-Strike

Yuiri- Killer, Fury, Double-Strike
&
Nei- Jongeuler

Pretty simple. Yuiri has a Chief's Hat and the Heavy Damage +1 appointment, which will give her an S Heavy Damage. Juan has an S Heavy and S Continual Attack, and is aided by Nei's Song of Madness (which is her only purpose...I may give her Flowing/Shield to heal as well). Ayame/Landis use their ridiculously powerful unite, aided by Song of Madness. Geddoe unloads Thunder, then attacks. I have 2 Jizos on everyone, so I probably won't have to worry about healing. It all depends on Yuiri's/Juan's Crits, but hopefully I can beat the boss in 2-3 turns.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

hmm. .

I used:

Hugo

Emily

Geddoe

Chris

Futch

Sasarai

I didn't give them any runes that they didn't have at the beginning. . well, Hugo was the Flame Champion so he had that rune. If it weren't for Emily and her really long continuous attacks and super strength. . I'd probably be leveling up as we speak.

Poor Luc :/

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

I'll throw mine in just for fun. Mind you, it's been ages so I can't remember exact equipment.

Pair 1:
Hugo: He was my flame champion, so true fire rune. Also gave him A fury rune and I believe a Gale rune. Adding Jefferson's title to him for General I believe boosted his hits up as well, so he was doing between 5-7 strikes a turn. Also gave him a fire rune.

Geddoe: With the True Lightning, I let him exhaust his lightning spells, mainly aimed to take out the Water Rune to avoid healing. He also had a lightning ring for nearly instant casting. Once his spells were gone, he attacked and Hugo would use his rune if needed. I also gave him a Killer Rune and Wizard Rune I believe.

Pair 2:

Emily: Give her a fury rune with her insane swing skill and this girl went to town on whatever she was attacking. More hits than Juan, and with a Fury Rune, she did almost as much damage.

Juan: With a Yellow Scarf to wake him up in the start of the fight, he drilled anything Emily didn't kill. These two alone cleaned half the screen.

Pair 3:

Fred: Killer Rune, Custome Armor, Horned Helmet, Chaos Shield, this guy is the chief tank in this game. I don't think he ever had more than 50 points of damage on any major spell against him. Though I really liked the cut scene with him and Rico so I didn't use him often. Later I replaced him with chris because of story point. But she attacked, no magic for her.

Sasarai: True Earth and Flowing. Never bothered with the true earth except to heighten defense, but with a Water Ring, he was my primary healer. Never found magic too useful in this game, so I tend to go just for pure attack. Well, that's usually the team I pick.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I love Sasarai. And Fred, I forgot to use Fred. He was one of my favorites.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore