[Discussion] Optimal chapter playthrough order

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Lemmy Claypool

[Discussion] Optimal chapter playthrough order

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Having not yet played this game for myself, I just wanted to know which way the story would make most sense. I.E. playing Hugo 1 first, then Chris 1, then Geddoe 1, then Thomas 1, and so forth, going in the same order for chapters 2 and 3 (though Thomas would be exempt from chapter 3...I think).
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

What Konami has recommended is just as what you have said; Hugo 1 -> Chris 1 -> Geddoe 1. Although Thomas 1 CAN become playable after Geddoe 1, this is not always the case; the Thomas chapters are bonuses, so it's not really important that you play them in order. However, his chapters become inaccessible after you get to chapter 4.

The order recommended by Konami is probably fine, because otherwise you can have the plot spoiled before it happens in other chapters.
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

I don't know if this is Optimal, but the order I play them allows you to choose some optional Duels. I play them in the order of:

Hugo Chapter 1 (optional Duel against Chris)
Chris Chapter 1
Geddoe Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2 (optional Duel against Lucia)
Hugo Chapter 2
Geddoe Chapter 2
Geddoe Chapter 3
Hugo Chapter 3 (optional Duel against Chris)
Chris Chapter 3
Thomas Chapter 1
Thomas Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Hope that helps.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yeah, thanks SARS and Geddoe, that does indeed help. :D

But Geddoe, would your order spoil any aspects of the story for the sake of the duels? Or would it just mean I get some extra duels and not spoil any story?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

nothing would be spoiled, I play in that order as well
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

also, if you played Hugo Chapter 1 before Chris Chapter 1 and you completed Jimba's request/"mission", you will see a scene at the end of Chris Chapter 1.

hmmm, i am actually curious--does Hugo keep Jimba's item in his inventory if he fails the mission?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

how can he fail the mission?
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

He meant if you don't give the pentacle to the butler. Basically it was Jimba's request and he failed by not giving the item. Yes, you can keep the pentacle throughout the entire game.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

interesting, thanks yuber
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

I think the Chapter 3s are suppose to go Chris Hugo Geddeo, according to how they arrive to meet Sana in the Flame champ hideaway.
Last edited by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader on Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Maybe if you looked hard enough you might find Freed & Yoshino in the hideaway. Just kidding, what you meant to say was Sana instead of Sanae.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Hugo Chapter 3 (optional Duel against Chris)
How do you get this? I played it through and i can't get this.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you have to choose the right options and duel lucia during chris chapter 2, that will unlock the scene of chris dueling lucia in hugo chapter 3
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

Duels were so funny. What was up with that strange duel between Luc and Sasarai in Luc's POV? The whole fireball thing threw me off. Then again they are more mage like, I can't imagine either of them using a sword or some kind of savage weapon others use in the series. haha.
AND i'm a GUY!! Geez...
No offense, but that is really hard to determine due to your username and ... um fanbase of games and characters.. that would be the best way to put it.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

son_michael wrote:you have to choose the right options and duel lucia during chris chapter 2, that will unlock the scene of chris dueling lucia in hugo chapter 3
Chris vs. Lucia happens in Hugo Chapter 2.

The option to duel Chris in Chapter 3 is at Chisha.