[Guide] Chris Level 99 Trick benefits & initial levels

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Belle and Gadgetz joined my 99 Chris at the levels that KFCrispy posted (99,97). However, I did NOT do the lvl 99 trick with them (Meg and Gadget) in suikoden 2; they were both around lvl 50 in my suikoden 2.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Belle and Gadget Z's levels are determined by one factor: whichever level is higher.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Yes i did. Spent an ENTIRE day doing the trick. Got an Insanity Rune attached to my forehead now. I was trying to help out KFCrispy's research on the lvl 99 trick.

Also, Hallec and Mua can't factor into this trick cause they can only be recruited by Hugo for storyline purposes i think.

Futch and viki, ehhh i'm going to finish the game with Hugo as FC since he's the official FC anyway. i might go back to the FC choice save and choose Chris next time.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i didn't bring any characters in Suikoden 2 to level 99 either...

heh, thanks, MatildaWhiteKnightLeader!

not to get people to do this all over again (heck, i have a save i use when starting 'new games' from after the level 99ing), but we don't know if some of those characters join at levels higher or equal to the recruiter. not that it's important at all, but by always getting to level 99 and then recording what levels some chars joined at, we never know.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

I recruited Viki, she joined at the same level (lvl 46) as my recruiter, Hugo. So i think she's recruiter based. Little Viki joined a couple of levels higher (lvl 50), probably the bonus from suikoden 2.
So if they were recruited with a lvl 99 Chris, you probably would have Viki with lvl 99 and Little Viki lvl 99 or around there. I don't know the effects of level bonuses on a lvl 99 character.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

does the level 99 trick affect stats in a negative way? is it possible to get every chracter up to level 99? and will this help chris use the last spell on the true water rune?

Im thinking about doing the trick since Ive never seen her level 4 spell

besides answering my questions above can you tell me the positive effects of the trick and the negative effects?

thanks alot
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

there's not much negative effects besides the enormous time that you put into doing this trick.

EVERY character can NOT be at lvl 99 if you just read KFCrispy's first post on this thread.

On to the postive effects.
You can blow by Chris' chapters because you don't have to worry about training (easy random battles, boss battles, special battles, and war battles, they all become easy).

If you want to see the level 4 spell trick, you can see it in the Final boss battle. The water orb will cast it once in a while if it's not mother oceaning other orbs (so don't kill anything in the final boss battle if you want to see that spell).
You can also use the stat stone trick with Stone of magic on Chris (get her MGC stat above 101 and then level up).

You DO NOT have to waste 14 hours doing the level 99 trick just to see Chris' 4th level spell.
darkness knight

hmmm

Post by darkness knight »

In my own opinion there is no benefit in doing the level 99 trick if ure one of those people who likes challenges,the people in ur party will be at level 99 and the battles will get very boring specialy if u get in random battles without the champions rune ull see all let go`s so if u want to see chris last spell then get her as the flame champion and hugo will get the true water rune
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
son_michael

Re: hmmm

Post by son_michael »

darkness knight wrote:In my own opinion there is no benefit in doing the level 99 trick if ure one of those people who likes challenges,the people in your party will be at level 99 and the battles will get very boring specialy if you get in random battles without the champions rune ull see all let go`s so if you want to see chris last spell then get her as the flame champion and hugo will get the true water rune
A very Huge benefit would be the ability to beat chris's boss battles, this would save you alot of hassle in preparing for the bosses, and you could beat the insanely hard battle with luc, sarah and yuber in alma kinan
darkness knight

hmm

Post by darkness knight »

even without the level 99 trick u can still beat them it will be harder though but u can beat them, dont forget that in suikoden 2 if u get the level 99 trick battles would become very boring
Thë®ë å®ë ÞëøÞlë whø ƒølløw thëî® d®ëåm§...ßüt tø më d®ëåm§ å®ë d®ëåm§..nøthîng mø®ë
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

boring to some, interesting to others.. we're not discussing the fun-ness or morality of this "exploit", we are trying to find and provide information!
EvilShepherd

Post by EvilShepherd »

Just a word of caution on the lv.99 trick. If you're planning on using the stones of magic on Chris, make sure you don't level her up all the way to lv.99. Otherwise you won't get the spellcasting level increases.
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

I didn't want to make a thread about this with the sticky up, so I am putting it here. Before you try the trick, it would be a good idea to gather up skill points and max out Swing, Damage, Heavy Damage, and Armor Protect at least for Borus and Chris. Accuracy would be nice too. For Borus, forget Parry or Repel, (don't remember which he had,) so you can get Swing for him. I had serious trouble in the initial battles before I did this, but once I did, it was fairly easy going. Once the trick worked a couple times, I was flying.
"Wisdom begins with wonder." -- Albert Einstein
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I've uploaded a save I made long ago (http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs3/saves).. I've only done Chris' chapters (i'm pretty sure) and it's at the end of her Chapter 3.

all of the "free" characters who join based on the recruiter's level have been recruited:
Estella
Twaikin
Watari
Ayame
Wan Fu
Gadget Z
Augustine
Kenji
Sanae Y
Rody

and some support characters, such as Jeane.

.... and i've never recruited Futch and Bright with this lvl 99 business, as i never completed this game. if you happen to pick it up, please see what level Futch and Bright are when you recruit them with Chris.
mpieco

Re: Level 99 Trick benefits

Post by mpieco »

so Gadget Z is recruiter-based, but his recruitment companion, Belle, isn't? I've never really paid attention to that before.