Fighting the final war battle with 10 tanks

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
thecasualoblivion

Fighting the final war battle with 10 tanks

Post by thecasualoblivion »

You have 10 units in the final war battle, and you can set up all 10 with tanks. You can have up to 8 Firefly Rune equipped tanks. In my current playthrough, I only had 6 Firefly runes. You can equip Mua, Fred, Twaikin, Leo, Borus, and Sharon with Firefly runes and with good equipment they’re pretty much unkillable against physical attacks. Chris has a free rune slot for the final war battle and can do the same easy. Your 8th Firefly Rune tank is actually Thomas. He can get A+ in both Parry and Repel, and the Evasion Ring boosts his Repel to S. He can equip a Haziness Rune in his second slot, and max out his Armor Protect and Magic Resistance while you’re at it. With this setup, he dodges or blocks pretty much everything. It takes a lot of effort, but he’s as unkillable as the other tanks. For your 9th and 10th tanks, you use Nicolas and Cecile. Both have tank stats and are unkillable by physical attacks, but can’t equip runes so no Firefly. They can however be paired with three other characters equipped with either Skunk Runes or Blue Ribbons. I had enough people equipped with those to set up all four of my non-Firefly tanks with full non-targetable teams.

To sum up, 10 tanks:

Mua
Fred
Leo
Borus
Twaikin
Sharon
Chris
Thomas(!)
Cecile
Nicolas
wataru14