Accuracy / Evasion formula

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Harmill

Accuracy / Evasion formula

Post by Harmill »

Hi! I'm trying to understand how the Accuracy and Repel skills influence each other when it comes to handling the "Hit %" of an attack.

I've found this formula from Suikoden II: (Attacker TECH - (Defender SPEED - 80)). Even if this is not the real formula for Suikoden II/III, let's assume it is.

The Accuracy skill says it boosts the Hit %. So if we have an S rank in Accuracy, it boosts accuracy by 40%.

If the Attacker's TECH/SKILL is 100, and the Defender's SPEED/REPEL is 120, we start off with a HIT rate of: 60%.
If the Attacker has an S rank in Accuracy, we boost it by 40%. I'm assuming that it's 40% of the original HIT value, so it would be 60% * 1.4 = 84%.
If it's additive, it would add 40% to give a final HIT rate of 100%, but I don't think it works like that.

The Repel skill at an S rank boosts Evade % by 70%. That seems like quite a lot compared to Accuracy. If the HIT rate was 84%, then the Evade rate is 16%. 16% * 1.7 = 27.2%. Therefore, the effective HIT rate is now 72.8% So there is still a good chance for an Attacker with an S in Accuracy to hit someone with higher Speed and an S in Repel. Plus, I believe the Accuracy skill has that 30% chance to completely bypass the entire HIT chance formula and guarantee a hit.

The results don't look out of the ordinary, but I know there are members of this forum that have spent a lot of time analyzing this game's inner workings and I haven't seen anything conclusive about the Hit Rate formula in this game. Does this process sound right to you?