Can Geddoe Recruit Arthur?

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
knight85

Can Geddoe Recruit Arthur?

Post by knight85 »

title says it all

I'm trying to make sure that all 3 characters have a support character with treasure hunt.

Hugo can get either guilame plus kidd or elliot or arthur

chris could get kidd or elliot

and geddoe to my knowledge can get kidd

my question is. can geddoe get back into the middle of brass castle at any point after his first chapter?

if not then geddoe will get kidd, and chris will get elliot or arthur (if she can go back to brass in chapter 3)
gildedtalon

Re: Can Geddoe Recruit Arthur?

Post by gildedtalon »

Geddoe can recruit Arthur at Chapter 3
Hugo can recruit Arthur at Chapter 3
Chris can only recruit Arthur starting from Chapter 4. The guide in this site hasn't been updated with the correct information
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
knight85

Post by knight85 »

got it thanks.

i'll get kidd with chris then and leave elliot and guilame for hugo

now i just need to make some decisions for chris and hugo

namely who is going to get belle and the performers.

altho i'm leaning towards giving hugo the performers AND the saint loa knights since chris gets the ninja, mel and the 2 mages in alma kinan. i'm also going to give chris emily since hugo already has a heavy hitter.

in chris's next chapter i'm planning on doing a test spin with the performers and the gadget users to see how they handle before i decide for certain what i'm going to do.

i do however have one last question. it's about the 5 dogs.

i'm planning on recruiting the star of destiny dog with thomas.

do i have to use thomas to get the rest of the dogs? or could i get one with chris from the northern cavern and one with hugo from the great hollow?
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

You first need to recruit Koroku to be able to recruit the other dogs.
Last edited by gildedtalon on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

that wont be a problem. i'm in thomas's 1st chapter now and almost ready to start recruiting. i'll get koroku then
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

If you're going to recruit Koroku with Thomas, be careful. Either take the time to level him up, or recruit a lot of other fighting characters. If you get Koroku as one of the army units in Thomas 2nd chapter it will make the military battle very VERY hard.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

i did take koroku leveling. he's up there with thomas and the others at level 18
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I was wrong about the dogs.
You need to get to chapter 4 before you can recruit the other dogs
knight85

Post by knight85 »

yeah i noticed that myself when i went to recruit the one in the northern cavern with chris last nite

and now i have a bit of a dilema. i want to have an extra sword in my party when i go to the fight at the great hollow. and unfortunately i didnt put the hex doll s that geddoe has into the statue room (i was saving billy and the saint loa knights for hugo).

but i also dont want to get the performer trio or belle and gadget z chris (i'm saving them for hugo too)

lol i seem to be saving a lot of characters for hugo. but at the same time chris has access to useful characters too. its just that her options before going to iksay are limited. plus the fact that chris can go to alma kinan and get 2 mages there. whereas hugo needs magic support from shabbon.

the only real option i can think of is to try for a hex doll s in the horse races and see about recruiting the saint loa knights with chris and do a bit of development.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

i was able to get billy and then melville and elliot.

and while i was grinding i had an epiphany.

if i could take hugo into zexen BEFORE i go to chisha village in his 3rd chapter and get the performers (asked on here before and there's a way to do it without alerting mua and halec) then i wouldnt need belle and gadget z for hugo. so i could let chris get them.

i'm gonna test it with hugo when i get that far and then i can alter my plan as needed
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Yep, you can avoid Mua and Hallec easily when you're on the same screen
knight85

Post by knight85 »

sweet.

by doing that i can get the performers and the saint loa knights in 1 go and leave belle and gadget z for chris.
Toasticles

Post by Toasticles »

Oh man I wish I'd known those two were avoidable.
Lucky for me I have started over playing through Geddoe's 3 chapters first so I can recruit all the shopkeepers for Budehuc and get the Copper Hammer, I think, for raising everyone's weapons to 12.
I enjoy playing with Thomas and getting his people leveled up so I can thrash the Zexens when they show up. I may lose out on having him recruit the shopkeepers this way but I think having the beefed up weapons will be more useful.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

geddoe cant get ALL the shopkeepers. you'd miss the item shop guy in Iksay village

plus the fact that i spread out the shop keepers so that geddoe and chris both have a character with the rune sage skill

however aside from edge i never recruit any battle characters with geddoe. and if i could get to to le bique with anybody else i would just leave edge for hugo
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i do believe the information on when each character can recruit Arthur is correct (Hugo 3, Chris 2, Geddoe 3), but of course it's hard to easily prove it unless we have written evidence in another thread somewhere.... but if you are playing, i believe there are times when both Chris and Geddoe can walk through Brass Castle again, meaning they would have access to Arthur.