The Most Underestimated Character.

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

Twaikin. His defensive power can become really intense, and he can use an Earth Rune with skill as well. His attack power is good in addition. No one seems to notice his usefulness.
~Blue Thunder~
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've always said Twaikin is a solid defensive character, best in the game--his magic defense is what beats out all other "tank" characters, plus the fact that he can add so many skills, Magic Defense will surely be one of them. Gold Emblems boost his natural B+ maximum to S.

His only problems are he has just one free rune slot, and i always make it a Firefly Rune. even if i give him an Earth Rune, however, his magic stat doesn't really cut it. like with Chris, you'll be lucky that it reaches 101.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

The problem with Twaikin is that there is very little need for a tank. Only Yuber would feel the need, and Yuber can still brutalize with Thunder spells.
-M
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

Matt620 wrote:5-6?

Absolutely not. With massive speed bulking, Rhett can get at the most, 4, and that includes the title.

That's not that bad, actually. However, he has the accuracy of a sloth, so unless he's fighting an enemy that can't dodge, the numbers of his damage only look pretty.

Not to mention he's got poor survival skills and requires, among other things, an extremely rare Fury rune.
That's why you spend 13 hours in the Ancient Highway in Hugo's chapter 3 getting Fury runes :wink: Getting around 6 an hour, I left with 80 Fury runes which was plenty for the entire game.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

But see, that's really extreme, and I wouldn't recommend playing that way at all (It's also more then enough, there are only 60 playable characters)

Besides, Fury Runes can be compensated with Jongleur.
-M
Gorudo

Post by Gorudo »

Matt620 wrote:But see, that's really extreme, and I wouldn't recommend playing that way at all (It's also more then enough, there are only 60 playable characters)

Besides, Fury Runes can be compensated with Jongleur.
Actually there are 77. 3 are only in Luc's story. So that brings it down to 74. Then 4 don't have 1 open rune slot, thus, I only needed 70. But I lost count and was on a roll anyway.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Hmmm, I got 75, and 4 of them cant equip the runes. Subtract Dupa since he already has one, and it's 70. Then of course, ignore mages who can't use them, and the number is lower.

But it still doesn't change the fact that 80 is too many. :)
-M
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Matt620 wrote:The problem with Twaikin is that there is very little need for a tank. Only Yuber would feel the need, and Yuber can still brutalize with Thunder spells.
Ah, but Twaikin also has an 06 growth in magic defense (meaning above average), and he has a lot of free skill slots so he can still learn Magic Resistance. The one big drawback is that he can't dish out as much as he can take.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Don't get me wrong; I never said Twaikin was a bad tank. In fact, he's the best unless Mua does Firefly+Wall.

It's just that he can't do anything else. At least Fred/Mua can get two hits.
-M
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Arcadius wrote:did anyone ever use thomas and cecile to final group? well i didn;t use them for final battle but used when sasarai had to get his earth rune back. i think thomas and cecile are pretty good :) their unite attack isn't so bad either. also cecile has nice defence.
I did. Their combo was useful but they were also the first to die.
juicyfrog242

Post by juicyfrog242 »

Rody, anyone?
"I know nothing of dog behavior, but I do know you're depriving some poor village of its idiot."
linkerman88

Post by linkerman88 »

i din't use Rody before .. but i prefer Futch and bright ... They RoX !! Hugo and fubar are cool too ! why no ppl mention Edge ? he got the star dragon sword !
BlueMoonRune... Shine ur Etenal Light upon the Weaklings ...
Karthur

Post by Karthur »

Three characters I like to play are:

*Melville: I had him up level 60, and he was doing some decent damage. When I put him in the front slot of a pair with Borus, he'd generally wipe an enemy out before sloooowass Borus could respond. Plus, he's cute.

*Salome: When you *can* play him (because he's unplayable at certain points) he's a great defensive magic user. I loaded him up with an Earth Rune, a Flowing Rune and a Shield Rune and kept him in the back row. Also, he can also take some damage and is one of the few characters who can "Magic Repel."

*Rody: I had much fun with Rody, especially after I took that nasty Firefly off him. He's got some great magic skills, but his defense wasn't anything special. I loaded him up with items and put him in the backrow behind Chris. So, unless an enemy used an "all" attack, he was pretty safe.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I find mel underestimated.She has an S in lgihtning magic.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

Yes I love using Mel. Throw a thunder rune on her and level up her fire magic aswell ( it affects Branky's rune damage ). She actually casts lightning faster than Geddoe at equivalent levels ( around 60 ).

Also I found Belle quite useful in Thomas' story, her hammer's AOE attack and okay magic helped no end when the soldiers invade Budehuc.