AetherSX2 needs pnach format for cheat codes?? *Possible Spoilers*

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: AetherSX2 needs pnach format for cheat codes?? *Possible Spoilers*

Post by Pyriel »

I don't know, dude. I never had more than 4-5 seconds between encounters, and it was usually right as I was about to count off 5. There's a lot going on there, though, so different areas might have an effect.

Anyway, I wasn't having much luck with getting it to stupid levels, so I made this to reconfirm that I was looking in the right spot.

Press R3 for encounters every available frame.
Press L3 for normal.
D19797C6 0000FFFB
21774014 24020001
D19797C6 0000FFFD
21774014 0C5C08EA

It's in the realm of "make it stop", but if you just want to stand on a field somewhere and spill rivers of blood, this'll get the job done.
WD932

Post by WD932 »

I might try that one out to see the mayhem. Thank you!

I just have a question on the toggle champion effect code what does it base off to avoid battles. Is it at current level of party and below or exactly the same as the rune?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

The game searches your party for champion runes to apply the effect. The code just causes it to think you always have one. So the latter.
WD932

Post by WD932 »

Very nice. Thank you for your amazing patience with me. Also thanks for the codes. Will spare some aggravation on the digits from needing to hit let go so often when fighting around.
WD932

Post by WD932 »

It seems that I was not meant to utilize the toggle encounters code either :-( It is not working as stated for me. I tested the code against actually having a champion rune on one party member. The code when turned on only lets me fight the rare boss in the area. The rune itself allows me to fight anything that I can not let go. I tested 10 times each with my Geddoe party and Thomas beginning party.

For Geddoe I forced my party to be 3 levels below the highest level regular monster in the area I was testing (Zexan Forest Ch 1.) With the code I only encountered Papa Holly. With the rune I encountered the regular battles as well as Papa Holly. Ten trials with the code and ten trials with the rune yielded the same result.

For Thomas I started his trials right at the beginning when he and Cecile are level one. With the code I ran around for 12 minutes or so and no battle once and then got the battle with the Siren in the castle basement. With just the rune I battled everything.

Now I just want to be clear that this is asking for any possible or reasons this may be my experience with this code. I know the code works well for others based on previous post entries. It is just frustrating that I am getting a different result than intended.

Now granted this could also be my "Technology Curse" (as I like to call it.) I have been known to get or cause lag with groups in MMORPG's when there is no cause or reason for any, get an item that was never intended from a different area (rare and highly sought item,) or randomly get a few achievements by walking through a zone border (just to name a few simple ones.)
Destinys_Warrior

Post by Destinys_Warrior »

Is there a change in code for item mods when in different chapters? I can only seem to use the item modifier in Hugo's chapters, but it doesn't work for others. Skill, level, and potch codes seems to work on all chapters.
WD932

Post by WD932 »

If you mean to ask if the item code you use for say a medicine A is different then no they are all the same. However to get a medicine A to Geddoe's inventory and one to Chris's inventory then those are two separate parts but the end part for the medicine A will be the same
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, I don't know if the more commercial web sites linked in the first post have great or complete inventory codes for this game. Each of the protagonists has a chunk of the total party inventory (30 slots as I recall) allocated to them during their chapters, and then it's all consolidated into one inventory in chapter 4. I want to say that was accomplished by keeping Hugo's inventory as the party's inventory, and everything else just winds up as extra space in the storehouse, but it's been a while.

In any case, nothing actually moves around in memory. It's just that different addresses can only be accessed by certain characters, or by the storehouse at different phases of the game. So, yeah, in the early chapters you need different codes for Hugo vs. Chris vs. Geddoe vs. Thomas. I think one of the FAQs on my site has a complete list.

Yeah: http://www.herrvillain.net/cheats/suiko ... iii_gs.txt
Last edited by Pyriel on Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WD932

Post by WD932 »

http://www.codetwink.com/view-cheats-45 ... age-1.html
Here for the item codes and
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/53 ... 612?page=1
Gives the slot 1 first line of too line of code gives slot one for each main character bag slot.

Edit: you beat me to it with a single link Pyriel
WD932

Post by WD932 »

@Pyriel the codes provided are working properly now. Can blame my terrible handwriting for that.
WD932

Post by WD932 »

Just a thought I had. Is it possible to use pnach format for other emulators or is this something only for PS 2 and up games? For example codes that are for another system might not work properly but using this might let it work as intended.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It's a format that—I think—the PCSX2 developers originated. It's been aped by other emulators since. Although, how many of those are just outright using the PCSX2 source code/core I can't say.

For background, it didn't even originally do all that much. When the "extended" type was added, then it became fuller featured, but prior to that it could only do basic memory pokes (writes) with types "byte", "half", and "word". The extended type just allows you to enter cheat codes that use "common" commands sort of directly like 0 (8-bit write/byte), 1 (16-bit write/half), 2 (32-bit write/word), 4 (32-bit multi-address write), D (16-bit if-then, skip single line), and E (16-bit if-then, skip variable lines). It's not like it's automatically more compatible. It still comes down to what features the emulator developer chose to give their built-in cheat engine. I've never seen a full list of what PCSX2 supports for code types, but I'm pretty sure they don't support the 7 command (bitwise and/or/xor) as implemented by the CodeBreaker cheat device. It doesn't understand AR MAX code types in any format as far as I'm aware, and I've never seen anybody try to use the slightly more universal 6 command (variable data size, pointer write) with it.

You could certainly pull that sort of cheat engine into an emulator for the PSX, but nobody has to my knowledge. Mostly because they use what code types are available as a starting point for reasons of usability. For instance, no device for PSX that I'm aware of supported 32-bit anything, so none of the emulators have a code type for that, even though it would be a convenient addition. And doing so would just add to the confusion around codes, because now there's a way to make codes that only work in emulators that use your cheat engine.
WD932

Post by WD932 »

Thank you ou for the explanation I was basically wondering if it would work with my other emulators because some codes that should work multi line do not and I have to have each non D/E line as a separate entry. Oh well I mean those codes still roughly work just not simplified as intended.

By the way I asked earlier in this thread if there was a way to when changing a fixed skill the new skills were displayed as a fixed slot. I found a way combining your skill code information and a single Google docs. Saving after keeps the skills out in but have to keep the other code on or it reverts to as if it is a free slot and not allowing access to upgrade skills lower on the list. I have done extensive looking as you suggested but that is the best I can find out there. Is there a way to make it permanently a fixed slot without a code being on all the time? Posting after this the docs link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GRT ... sp=sharing