Hideo Kojima and Suikoden?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Siel Avadon

Hideo Kojima and Suikoden?

Post by Siel Avadon »

As we all know (atleast Metal Gear Solid fans!) Hideo Kojima left to do other things now.

After all his in Konami too...and he done good with The Metal Gear Series and Zone of Enders (Never played It but heard It's good)

Konami probably knows their RP series Suikoden Isn't going aswell as It should (Does It?) so I just got the mad idea while walking down to the basement to help the family with the laundry.

Suikoden team + Hideo Kojima...

Great success or big time failure?

The chances of this happening are probably as big as meeting a stranger giving you bag with money out of random with a smile then to just walk off.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
redwing605

Re: Hideo Kojima and Suikoden?

Post by redwing605 »

Thats an interesting idea, im not sure how I would feel about it. Now Hideo is one of my fav. developers but with the way he makes games, especially now, I don't think he would work with the Suikoden series. Who knows he has never made an RPG(one which he has directed not produced) I would really like to see how he would handle it, but I rather see him do it with his own series and not one that has already been established.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

They could give him the Vandal Hearts world, Or make a MGS RPG...or well a totally new world! Would be something I bet.

What game did he direct that was an RPG!? :)
redwing605

Post by redwing605 »

He didn't direct it but his production team did the boktai series and more recently lunar knights though they are action RPGs they are still RPGs, he produced all the games. It looks like he will be working on his snatcher series, he hasn't messed with that since the first one back in 1988(besides all the re-releases).
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Oh! The Snatcher series! Isnt that the detective, Blade Runner like game?
redwing605

Post by redwing605 »

Yeah, I can't wait to see what he does I hope he re-releases the original on xbox live or on the playstation network would be really nice to have.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

We will see have to see what happens! I guess this wasn't a interesting topic at all for people :D Only you and me writing in here.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

If Kojima worked for any other existing Konami game series other than his own games, I will literally pee on my pants.

As for Suikoden X Kojima, thing is, I'm SURE it will be great, but I doubt he could bring the ol' Suikoden flavor back.

Hideo Kojima is also a wonderful director in terms of character development. If he does his job to 108 people, that would be a serious lovely-monstrous attack on my heart.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Suikoden+Kojima= Fail, i can see it the 108 stars of the new millenium: comandos, cyborgs, gatlings.

I can see mechas, missiles & laser.

Bad idea.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Hideo Kojima? For some reason I am loathe to turn Suikoden into a convoluted, overly complicated for the sake of being overly complicated, semi-interactive movie.

He tells a decent enough story but he seriously needs to decide if he's making games or movies.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

One would argue the Suikoden plots to be convoluted across the entire franchise, you know. Kojima has done MGS just as the Suikoden team did with their series: Make them sequels of each other and heavily self-referential.

What I wouldn't want is Kojima's absolute need to direct an entire game on his own and have everything going his way. I don't think a collaborative effort past "Altair in MGS4" could be possible without Kojima wanting to remake whatever's been done in game development to make it fit his vision.

It's just the way he's constantly come off as: A perfectionist control freak, who nearly ruins all of his game developments by being overzealous and somehow miraculously manages to avoid disaster come launch time.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

His a bit of a controlling mad man at times yes.

Perhaps this would be a horrendouz idea!
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

i think he could do it justice, if he wanted to. but i think his interests lie elsewhere. i still think he's a visionary in the world of cinematic storytelling and would make suikoden spectacularly convoluted (more than it already is). lol, i can see many people cringing at that thought, but part of suikoden's draw for me is its several unexplained mythos.
BlinkingMirror

Post by BlinkingMirror »

Occam Arkitect wrote:Hideo Kojima is also a wonderful director in terms of character development. If he does his job to 108 people, that would be a serious lovely-monstrous attack on my heart.
I agree! I love Kojima's characters and his attention to detail. I really like that he is a perfectionist. And, he has made lots of different types of games. Including action RPGs and strategy games. Not just shooters.

Definitely, Kojima is one of my favourite developers. Great games and interesting characters and story. I like his mature storylines. And, that many of the characters have interesting flaws and troubled pasts. He also uses a lot of strong and wonderful female characters. Not to mention MGS4 probably has the most female enemies in any game! A huge plus for me! :) Also, his series probably have the most amusing secrets and easter eggs. And, to add one last thing. In MGS4 there is a particular "maze" where going the wrong way is actually amusing and fun. Instead of just boring dead ends. Now the way he did the "maze" in MGS4 is the way I wish more people made mazes in other games.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

if you ask me about Hideo Kojima

my stereotypical answer would be:

"Hideo Kojima? wasn't he that self-centered guy who made some of the Metal Gear Series for PlayStation?"

why self centered? because all i see in the opening credits was his name

from the director to the writer to the creator

even producer i think

seriously, if that guy were to work on all 108 characters plus plotline development all on his own

boooy, i suggest he starts learning how to delegate some people or learn the concept of division of labor

(half-meant exaggeration)