Who is the character you are most interested in?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Re: Who is the character you are most interested in?

Post by Icegryphon »

Actually Edge says something along the lines of "someone special to me gave me this sword, so i can't give it to you, but i'll join you instead". I always assumed Edge was the son of Viktor and Anabelle. "shrug"

As far as what you're saying about the timeline, I disagree. We've already had our share of playing with people from S1 and S2. I wanna play with people from S3. I wanna play as Thomas and Cecile and Edge and a whole host of other chars when they're younger. I wanna have Melville, Elliot and Alanis be the new knights of Zexen. This would all be so freaking cool to me.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Yeah who knows maybe Viktor got lucky before Jowy put Annabelle down. So then I'm half right the SDSword is the one who made the reference to the "big hairy guy". Maybe its just me when it comes to the game I'm thinking most about at the moment I'd like to see more of in the future. I'd definitly like to play with SIII characters again how about this... the New Zexen Knights lead by (don't forget about) Louis, Melville, Elliot and Alanis Vs. the New Queens Knights lead by Toma
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Naw, if they did anything with Zexen it would be like Gregminster/Toran in S2 you just kinda stop there or have them help you out.
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Someone above mentioned Bernadette, and I've gotta agree there. She was probably my favorite character in Suikoden 5, I'm not even sure why.

I thought the relationship she had with her father was hilarious though.
Magic Fanatic

Post by Magic Fanatic »

Almost every female magician...dunno why XD...

I'm also interested in Miakis.
"Guess I missed another meal" -Viki

"You know nothing, yet you are in the middle of everything" -Zerase
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

How old was Miakis in S5?
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I'd say 18-21 she was older than the prince and younger than Georg and Sialeeds but still had the role as bodygaurd of the Princess which I think you give to a younger responsible knight.

Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

so let's split the difference and say she's 20. S1 took place 15 years after S5 so that'd make her 35. S2 took place 3 years after S1 so that's 38. S3 took place 15 years after S2 so that makes her 53...
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

She was 23 in SY450, which is when S5 took place. S3 took place in SY 475. She would be 48 at the current point in the timeline. There's no reason to speculate when you can simply go to the gensopedia.

Also, S1 starts 3 years after S5, in the year SY 453.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

I didn't feel like going to the timeline and I was only 5 years off, and didn't need to look. So basically my reasoning for saying her age is that at 48 she's way too old to be a cool character in S6. She could be a storyline character old woman but that's about it.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Icegryphon wrote:at 48 she's way too old to be a cool character in S6.
What an odd thing to say. Characters of at least 48 years of age can't possibly be cool?
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

What I mean by "Cool" is this (Sorry, should have qualified that response): what made Lyon cool in S5? She was a badass fighter, young, vibrant, etc... At 48 she would most likely no longer be young or vibrant (gotta realize this is medieval times, 48 is ooooold), and probably wouldn't be fighting anymore. Therefore she would probably just be a support character or someone who chills in the castle if you even got her in your group.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

48 old? Have you ever watched Braveheart half of the guys on Mel Gibson's squad was over 40 and close to 50. 55 is old anything before that is just really mature. Yes in SV she was young and vibrant but maybe in SVI if shes 48 or so she would be mature and powerful and there hasn't been too many female characters who've made reappearances as physical fighters or a hybrid in her case.

Miko-miko

Post by Miko-miko »

Well.............Ahem............. Ok If I were the one to talk about this topic I would chose...
Okay I like Tir Mcdolh He's just to handsome :oops: ........... I like Futch too.... Ahem I love Futch I like His costume and his appearance in suikoden 2 (I hate his looks in suiko 3) I like Sierra................ her color, her hair, her costume, her trait were suited for her........ow and what about Templeton.........and Pesmerga...... I like Jeane, she's mysterious , and I like to be as mysterious as her........... :lol:
gyaha
FliktorForce5

Post by FliktorForce5 »

Okay, so this thread's kind of old, but even so... I would really like to see more of Edge. I really think there's a lot of places you could go with him, like showing a flashback scene where he actually gets the star dragon sword. If he saved his sister with it, where is she? If he hero worships Viktor so much why does he fight more like Flik (what with his lightning rune and accuracy & speed over brute force trauma) You could also explore his relationship with the sword, personally I'd love to see him as sort of the snarky butler type, y'know that guy who acknowledges his inferior position, but never fails to remind his "master" just how useless he'd be without him. Plus, Edge? That can't be his real name, I'm betting dollars to donuts it's something like Milhouse or Herbert or Leslie. That would just be a classic scene, if you're introduced to him as being this mysterious wicked-bad swordsman who kills vampires for the fun of it and some early teenage girl comes screaming at him from left field screaming "Milhouse Herbert McNiel where have you been for the last ten years?!" and he goes diving for cover. Just give him a little bit of a redesign (Though I hear zebra-print undershirts are all the rage in Falena these days) and I really do think you've got the makings of a very fun and memorable character there.
Still waiting for that daring piece of fan art with Zahak and Galleon sharing eyeliner in the bathroom...