Vampires and the Moon Rune.

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Atma

Vampires and the Moon Rune.

Post by Atma »

Okay, so I've been reading up on a few different things. I am relly confused as to how the Moon Rune Works.

The Moon Rune turned Sierra into the first Vampire, yes?

The history says that she could not resist the blood lust, so she basically exiled herself into the forest... After a while Rean comes along, gets turned into a Vampire, then goes to Avenge his master... Comes back, falls in love. Then Neclord steals the Moon Rune.

Question one: Why does he leave because he refuses to die? Does he follow Neclord?
Two: It says he "Becomes a predator of blood." Doesnt the Rune do that anyway?
Three: Why doesnt Sierra die?
Four: Sierra kills him because he kills others now, correct?

Thanks for reading.
-Atma
Leona

Re: Vampires and the Moon Rune.

Post by Leona »

Okay, so I've been reading up on a few different things. I am relly confused as to how the Moon Rune Works.

The Moon Rune turned Sierra into the first Vampire, yes?

The history says that she could not resist the blood lust, so she basically exiled herself into the forest... After a while Rean comes along, gets turned into a Vampire, then goes to Avenge his master... Comes back, falls in love. Then Neclord steals the Moon Rune.

Question one: Why does he leave because he refuses to die? Does he follow Neclord?
Two: It says he "Becomes a predator of blood." Doesnt the Rune do that anyway?
Three: Why doesnt Sierra die?
Four: Sierra kills him because he kills others now, correct?

Thanks for reading.
-Atma
1) Rean leaves because he is a normal vampire who needs blood to survive I think.
2) Who is he?? Rean or Neclord?
3) Sierra doesn't die because she absorbed so much of the true runes power that she could still lvie forever. Also the rune saw her as it's master not Neclord.
4) If your talking abotu Rean then yes. Neclord she goes after because he stole her rune.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I thought the Moon Rune represented compassion or something. The village of vampires that Sierra created was created with the rune in it center, and allowed the vampires to live in peace without the lust for blood. After Neclord stole the rune, the villagers' hunger for blood returned. Some chose to die while others chose to return to preying on the living.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Black knight overlord

Post by Black knight overlord »

Are there many vampires left, if so where do they live? And where is the Moon rune now? (after S2)
Shinsengumi

Post by Shinsengumi »

they're gone mad or dead, and its with sierra
"In war, truth is the first casualty" ~ Aeschylus
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

There's always the Marly Domain of Harmonia which was sacked by vampires (Neclord I believe did it) which may still be a hang out for them.

I would like to see where this village was myself. Also, wasn't the rune called the "Blue Moon Rune" or did I miss something?

Thank You

Ryan
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

I guess Blue Moon was the name of the village, can't be certain tought...Don't play SII for like 4 years XD
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

As I remember, Seirra manages to master the true rune after years of exile, then founds the village of the Blue Moon. With the power of the rune turned to the side of compassion rather than lust, it allowed the newer vampires to live without need for blood, consequently making them Runic Vampires. When Neclord stole the rune, the vampires lost the compassion of the true rune and became blood thirsty again