Fathers

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Mymiridion

Fathers

Post by Mymiridion »

Are we ever going to figure out who are the fathers of like Belle, and Sharon. Or do they already say who they are i just dont know?
Chaos would suite me just fine ~Yuber
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

Any time child is blond and his/her father is unknown, assume it's Yuber j/k

On a serious note: their farthers are mentioned. Just like Hugos (he is another one of Yubers son... yeah...)
Mymiridion

Post by Mymiridion »

No im serious i would like to know who these fathers are
Chaos would suite me just fine ~Yuber
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

they never mentioned them.
sorry in my post i accidentally left out word 'never' before word 'mentioned'... my bad... =)
Sasarai825

Post by Sasarai825 »

Fathers in Suikoden have a bad rep. They either give up their sons to their national army, die, send their sons to crumbling, seemingly hopeless castles, leave their daughters with butlers to join a Grassland clan or challenge their son to a duel and become food for a True Rune.

If I've left some out, please add them in.

Oh, a become a coward, which raises a devilish son.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I wouldn't expect to find any real info on the fathers/mothers of people like Belle and Sharon. I don't think you'll ever find out about Hugo's father, or find any info on Tir's mother. Same way we'll never find out who Riou's real parents are.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

fathers are heroes in these games that must do important stuff!! hehe... the mothers are unimportant so they stay home and raise tha kids ;)

one father we know who probably didn't abandon the family was Meese (or Moose?...) who had Emily with Ronnie Bell. if he ran away, i'm sure ronnie would "hate" on him and beat him back home. wasn't Hate Rune just the Lion Rune...? the fireball... i mean different effects, but all runes are slightly different in different games. Clone was like Titan but very much modified - 2h sword users only i think. why am i talking about runes
Lord Tsubaki

Post by Lord Tsubaki »

It's Mose. ;P
"heehee! a fish, a fish, I wish to catch a fish." - a kid from Kuskus
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

It's not like women have the greatest reputation either...Look at poor Apple, always second fiddle to some man! Odessa's "I chose to be a woman instead of a leader" and Jilia's "I'm limited in what I can do as a woman." Something like that anyways, I don't remember the exact lines. It got a little better in 3 with Chris and Lucia, maybe the dads will get a little better too.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Ben Franklin
Kage

Post by Kage »

^
Jilia's problem was that lived in Highland, which was a monarchy. If she had lived in Jowston maybe she could have done something. Other women there did, such as Teresa and Annebelle who were mayors of two very important cities.

Fathers in the game traditionally suck. Who the hell let's their 15 year old daughter travel to foreign nations alone? Mose and Freed ain't right for that.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I'd say Kiba was a good dad. Only one that I can think of offhand though.
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

Well, I'd say Teo too...But there aren't many!
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

Jimba was a good dad, to a point.
Humphrey and Sgt. Joe are no blood farthers to Futch and Hugo, but defently are good farther figures.
Same goes for Riou's 'grandfarther'

But yeah bad dads are really common in Sui... hell Billy is a great example lol
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

As much as I hate Pilika, I think her father was so nice and sound like a family man.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Asquian

Post by Asquian »

Red Killey wrote:As much as I hate Pilika, I think her father was so nice and sound like a family man.
SPOILERS

so of course he ends up dead. as well as Teo. And Kiba. Good fathers aren't rare, they just end up dead.
Sonya -cat

Great RPGs never die, they just get more expensive -Me