Which Hero had the worst exile?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Gen. Dirge

Re: Which Hero had the worst exile?

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Chaco wrote:
And who's the youngest Tenkai ever, anyway? I feel kinda sorry for the youngest Tenkai....getting his share of an exile and all............but then it depends on how desperate his exile was....
Hmm....Well I know 100% that Riou is 16 in Suikoden 2, however he will still be aging with the good ending.

Tir looked pretty young, around 16 and a bit older in Suikoden 2?

Lazlo and Frey look a bit more around 17, Frey has no True Rune so will continue to age.

Thomas is definitly around 16, he looks quite young and even acts young. Again he doesn't have a true rune.

What about Leknaat?! In Suikoden 1 she was a hag, I mean old. In suikoden 2 she actually looked hot. (Well her faceset thing did). It's like she went from being young in Suikoden 4-5, Got old again in suikoden 1 then was young once again in Suikoden 2. Also Yuber and Pesmerga look younger in Suikoden 2.
Ah....that's the great miracle of an artist....being able to give an instant face-lift to ANY character no matter how OLD or UGLY they are........and also being able to do the reverse of that....hihihehe....but seriously, Leknaat's finger nails in S1 remind me of a mythical man-eating hag in my country's mythology......then she kinda looked like she had a fishtail in S4......NOW she's a "holographic terminator" in S5......
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

but seriously, Leknaat's finger nails in S1 remind me of a mythical man-eating hag in my country's mythology......then she kinda looked like she had a fishtail in S4......NOW she's a "holographic terminator" in S5......
Lol, the only game she ever looked good in was suikoden 2, but more her facepic not her herself.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Chaco wrote:
but seriously, Leknaat's finger nails in S1 remind me of a mythical man-eating hag in my country's mythology......then she kinda looked like she had a fishtail in S4......NOW she's a "holographic terminator" in S5......
Lol, the only game she ever looked good in was suikoden 2, but more her facepic not her herself.
That's true. And she looked more friendly there.....(thank god they didn't expose her large forehead unlike in the other games.......)

Hey babycakes ;D
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Well so far I've only played SUiko 1, 2 and 3 and I think Riou had the worst exile since from the beginning of the game, Nanami and Jowy is all he has. Though he has friends such as Viktor, Flik, etc later on, they don't mean the same as Jowy and Nanami. Riou lost Jowy early in the game and then he lose Nanami, Tir atleast has Pahn and Cleo who he had known since childhood accompanying him throughout the war.

But if you get the perfect ending, Riou isn't as tragic as the other heroes who lost people they love forever...
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

SPOILERS

Really, The Prince has the worst destiny. Lazlo Is far from the worst, sure Is put out at sea but the guy still got his friends along. And a whole kingdom that been conquered Isn't after him.

Tir got the same shoot almost, hunted by an Empire cause he carry a certain rune. But the prince! His parents die, His syster Is kidnapped! His Aunt betrays him! His closest male friend/Guard Georg Is accused to have killed his parents! Lyon Is close to death (even dies If things goes wrong)
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

SPOILERS

Really, The Prince has the worst destiny. Lazlo Is far from the worst, sure Is put out at sea but the guy still got his friends along. And a whole kingdom that been conquered Isn't after him.

Tir got the same shoot almost, hunted by an Empire cause he carry a certain rune. But the prince! His parents die, His syster Is kidnapped! His Aunt betrays him! His closest male friend/Guard Georg Is accused to have killed his parents! Lyon Is close to death (even dies If things goes wrong)
SPOILERS

I still think Lazlo had the worst EXILE, but if were talking about the future after the initial exile I think they all had it pretty equal in terms of stuff happening.
Your signature is hillarious!!
-Chaco
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Yeah, I guess they all had a pretty bad time.

And thanks for liking the signature! =)
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Yeah, I guess they all had a pretty bad time.

And thanks for liking the signature! =)
Your welcome :wink:
-Chaco
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Usually most of the heroes go into exile at the end of the game to keep the True Runes away from humans cause it'll cause war, death, etc... since there will always be a handful of people trying to obtain that power.
The exception is the Suikoden 3 heroes.
Strategy is the key to victory!
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

Frey had the worst exile because he lost his parents, his home, and 2 people he thought he could trust betrayed him.
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Georg was always on Frey's side, it's just that he couldn't explain himself.

It is also distressing that the very people sworn to protect Frey and his family turned around and pointed their weapons at him.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

sunstar25 wrote:Georg was always on Frey's side, it's just that he couldn't explain himself.

It is also distressing that the very people sworn to protect Frey and his family turned around and pointed their weapons at him.
It's like having your mum and dad and brothers and sisters and dog kick you out into the dirty preilous streets....with no relatives or friends to help you.....and only random people to depend on IRL. That just sucks. Poor Frey.

Hey babycakes ;D
Author

Post by Author »

StalkerPizza wrote:Frey had the worst exile because he lost his parents, his home, and 2 people he thought he could trust betrayed him.
Agreed whole lot. And he was pretty much an exile in his OWN country. He couldn't trust the Barrows either (and obviously, it was a wise decision). You'll be devastated with your parents dead and your beloved sister in the hands of the enemy. The reason is because of dirty politics, which is really painful.

Thomas barely had an exile, haha, but it's hard to believe he is related to that father of his.

Anyway, Tir's exile wasn't so bad. It was a bit intentional unlike what happened to the others. He knew what he was going against--the empire but he did it for his friend then eventually, for Odessa then the whole empire as a hero.

Riou had Jowy and he even got immediately on the good side of Flik and Viktor. He got home to meet his sister safe and sound so his exile isn't bad too. He had a pretty safe home in the City-States, unlike Frey who's not safe anywhere in Falena.

Lazlo...well, we know he can't die but he was intentionally exiled, haha. But his exile was barely an exile since he had with him his friends. The exile he was given was VERY bad but the experience isn't that horrible.

So listing it down,

1. FREY - worst. exiled. hero. ever. Nowhere to go, politics evil, parents dead...it's a good thing Lyon and George is always with him =/
2. LAZLO - well, he was cast out in the sea...
3. TIR - he had with him his servants. While his best friend died and Pahn betrayed him, that isn't a lot. And as said, he knew what he was going against. He could have come back after saying no to Odessa to help.
4. RIOU - his exile was barely an exile. Sure they were branded as traitors but that's it. It's not like they're the princes of the entire Highland.
5. THOMAS - hehe.

And I think Tir is 17, not 16, as old as Lymsleia. Checked gensopedia. Frey is indeed 17 and Thomas is 16. I think Riou is also 16...not sure about Lazlo.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

The betrayals weren't part of the "exile" itself, so that shouldn't be considered.

Frey didn't really have a bad exile. His aunt and his bodyguard were still with him, as well as one of his father's good friends. His title also helped him draw in people who are loyal to the royal family. It was more the trauma of losing his parents that made it hard, but they had an easy time surviving.

Riou and Jowy had Viktor and Flik. At first, Riou was treated pretty bad locked up in a cage every night, but after being rescued from Kyaro, it was pretty lax. Riou was pretty much part of the mercenary group by that time, so he already had people on his side, and that carried forward to after escaping Muse and finding Shu.

Tir got Mathiu Silverberg and a secure castle pretty easily.

Lazlo has to have had the worst. He had nobody but two of his friends who didn't have "connections" like the Prince, Sialeeds, Mathiu or Viktor did. It was just luck or chance (altho it could have been destiny too) that they ran into the Princess' ship. So Lazlo had to have struggled the most before getting the support of the King and the pirates.

And Thomas is the youngest Tenkai star at 15 years (born during the Dunan Unification War). Hugo is 14 (born a little after the Dunan Unification War), if you want to count him.
Author

Post by Author »

Yea, but Lazlo wasn't trapped in his own country like Frey. He had nowhere to run. And with George known as the one who killed the Queen and Sialeeds still on the run even if she is royalty, it's not easy. Imagine getting in a mess like that. Sure, Lazlo's exile was horrible too >.< but it didn't go on for too long.