Rune Spells

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Raijin

Rune Spells

Post by Raijin »

How about if we could allocate rune spells in Suikoden VI.

i.e.

Lv.2 Water Rune spell is Breath of Ice - 100 Damage to all foes.
Lv.4 Water Rune spell is Silent Lake - Stops Magic for 3 full turns.

Swapping these spells location would change their effect to:

Lv.2 Silent Lake - Stops 1 foe from using Magic for 3 turns.
Lv.4 Breath of Ice - 1, 000 Damage to all foes.

So in conclusion, the lower the Level you assign the spell in, the weaker it gets. And the higher Level you assign the spell to, the stronger it gets.

It would be nice to experiment with runes like that.
Last edited by Raijin on Wed May 09, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Nobody likes the idea? :(

Okay then how about this? How about if we could use rune spells on weapons to add a special effect to it similar to the spell.

Like if we put the spell Finger of Death from the Soul Eater/Darkness rune on Tir's Bo stick it would add a Death-strike effect on the weapon. Of course that would make the weapon so strong. Therefor, in exchange for that, the spell will no longer be usable by the character in battles.

I wish Konami would concentrate a little bit more on Suikoden's game-play. But not to say that the plot shouldn't be their highest priority, a good plot for a Suikoden game is must-have.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The Rune pieces of Suikoden I and IV had that effect. If you put a lightning rune piece on a weapon it would gain the lightning element.
Chiepoo

My replyyyyyy

Post by Chiepoo »

Ummm.....I think the last gameplay (Suiko V) was great enough...
Poor Konami if they has to make a new system in every series...
Right? :?
Miaow
MarkSee

Post by MarkSee »

I think your first idea is an interesting concept. I think it would open up more strategical planning (i.e. whether its more important to have a strong healing/protect spell or a strong attacking spell for this dungeon/boss battle, etc.)

Including that feature certainly wouldn't harm the gameplay, and would give more options to the player.
That is all.
Ralphy Leone Tensei

Post by Ralphy Leone Tensei »

I was thinking that maybe in Suikoden VI, Orbs can be combined together for even stronger Runes. For example:

Fire Orb + Lighting Orb = Destruction Orb

Rage Orb + Thunder Orb = Adv. Destruction Orb

I'll shut up now. :oops:
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

the idea is not too bad.

what about the wind rune + the water rune = the ice rune
or earth rune + water rune = nature rune
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I think the rune allocation and rune combination ideas are great ideas. I wouldn't mind them in a future suikoden.
It would also give the player more options.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Ralphy Leone Tensei wrote:I was thinking that maybe in Suikoden VI, Orbs can be combined together for even stronger Runes. For example:

Why shut up? That's a pretty cool idea! :wink:
Fizadums

Re: Rune Spells

Post by Fizadums »

The combining of orbs has been done before, in a sense, In the game Grandia Xtreme. I enjoyed that a lot because it meant you didn't have to spend a TON of time hunting down the ability to make these better mana eggs, how you cast your spells in that game. I like the idea but I have a feeling it would make the game lose the edge of finding that awesome rune orb that will just mow down everything you run into. Maybe if you cap it at combining fire runes to make rage runes, etc. like that. Ie. four rune pieces = rune, four runes = the upgraded version of that rune.
MARchenBOY

Re:

Post by MARchenBOY »

Ralphy Leone Tensei wrote:I was thinking that maybe in Suikoden VI, Orbs can be combined together for even stronger Runes. For example:

i agree with you.
Suikoden Rocks!!!!!!!!!!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the Magic Sword system can use some work :P
Mojim

Post by Mojim »

KFCrispy wrote:the Magic Sword system can use some work :P
Totally agree! I never used those runes, I hate 'em. But Suikoden Tactics is an exception, those things are very useful in the game IMO.
MaskedBishop

Post by MaskedBishop »

I like the idea for combining runes, IIRC, they did something similar to that in Suikoden 2 where you could use like the Rage and Thunder Rune to get some combo effect couldnt you (My girlfriend talked about it (and shes a bigger suikoden nut than me) but in my game i never bothered to get em). Thats a cool idea, and I think it would be neat if you could have Rune-Unite attacks like that, where two people could have different runes yet combine the effect into a more powerful spell.

I also think its a pretty cool idea to be able select spell allotments when you first receive the rune, it does add a brand new level of technique and tactics to the game.

as for the sword of [magic] runes, I never used em my first time around really, as far as i remember (suikoden 3), but now that im replaying it, I do. I'm not crazy about em, but at this point I'm thinking 'why not, i have em, i may as well use em' and they actually arent too bad. Fully skilled out (borus is at like a B i think) he does an additional 50-60 fire damage per swing.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I abused the Sword of Magic runes in Rhapsodia though, especially due to ample benefits of playing with the elements in that game.

As opposed to the main titles, where elements barely make a difference in battle. There ought to have more enemies with resistance and immunity to non-elemental attacks to promote relying on these elements.

Combining elemental rune orbs, I can't say for sure. All I know that it might be interesting to see how they'd pull some stronger spells, and still keep them inferior to those of existing True Runes. After all, if common runes have stronger spells, then why bother having True Runes?