Storyline WISHLIST!

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Falenan_descent

Re: Storyline WISHLIST!

Post by Falenan_descent »

Yeah, I don't believe they'll touch Harmonia until they're running out of ideas. If they get rid of Harmonia then they won't have the usual antagonist messin' around in the northern continent.
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

I did mention before that I would like to see the Royal Succession conflict and the Armes Invasion which would foreshadow the events of SV.

However, I also would like to see the Scarlet Moon Empire War of Succession between Barbarosa and Geil Rugner. It would bring back familiar faces from S1 such as Humphrey, Mathiu, Kasim, Kwanda, and Teo.

Georg Prime admitted that he too was involved so it would be nice to see his life as one of the Six Great Generals before he became a Queen's Knight.

Perhaps take a better look at Barbarosa's character since the original game didn't reveal too much.
Tara-Chan

Re:

Post by Tara-Chan »

sunstar25 wrote:I would like to see a backstory leading up to the events of SV. Make the story about the Royal Succession Conflict and the Armes Invasion. Here's a great idea: Make Ferid the main character.

We only got a glimpse of what he was capable of in the game so it would be nice to see how we won the Sacred Games. No doubt Ferid probably went through the same difficulties as Belcoot did.

I also want to get a better judge of character for Falzhram. According to in-game texts and old books, she seemed to be corrupt and she would be a decent villain. I also guess that Falzhram wouldn't be very fond of Ferid because he was a foreigner and wouldn't have been very pleased when her first grandchild was a boy and not a girl.

I also would like to see what Shahrewar, Kauss, Mardas, Olhazeta, Rosalind, Hiram and Olhazeta's husband looked like.
I second this. It really was disappointing when you couldn't use Ferid in your party... not even once!
Egan Family

Post by Egan Family »

I want them have a CLEAN storyline in the next one, where there is no reference to the other ones maybe.......cause i need new favorite characters lol

but leknaat can stay lol

or maybe go very far back to the separation of the gate rune

or a story line against windy to reunite the gate rune

but thats just me
Attempting to Get 108 SoD in:
Suikoden V
Suikoden II

Finished:
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden (Yep I gots all the original Discs for PS)
Michael

Post by Michael »

I was thinking of a cult / false religion storyline. This idea would be similar to Breath of Fire 2 ( St. Eva Church ) and/or Luanr 2 ( Althena's Chosen ). This idea was also in Legion Saga 3 ( the Ama'Ruh clan, Legion Saga was an original RPG Maker game borrowing elemnts from the Suikoden series BTW )

My dream Suikoden 6 storyline:

It would take place in the Nameless Lands. The hero ( assuming it's a boy ) has a close friend or relative that joins this cult and suddenly this close person to the hereo dies or decides to join this group and is possesed or something like that. Maybe the hero also joins for a brief moment, but then discovers the corruption behind it and leaves quickly.

What would happen is that there would be a head priest ( the owner of a True Rune, maybe a demon rune or sometihng that drains souls to gain more power ). He goes around the Nameless Lands towns and is promoting this religion, getting people to join. But in reality, it is a corrupt religion.

He would have to sacrifice souls to the True Rune ( or have each believer commit suicide by drinking poison or something wild like that), to gain more power to eventually take over the world. And that what's would happen to the hero's friend or relative.

The hero realizes this group/cult is taking over the coutnry and eventually decides to gather 108 stars to fight against this group.

This head priest would also have generals ( more like priests or secret operatives / spies under this group like Seed/Culgan/Solon/Rowd in S2 or Dilber/Bahram in S5 ) that try to go around and also recruit people. These guys could also summon monsters to fight you and your army ( similar to how Sarah, Luc, and Yuber could summon monsters in Suikoden 3 ) and probably sorcerers and wizards.

The generals/priests could also use a less variant of the true rune the head priest owns or soemthing to them turn into monsters ( think of how Childerich, Alenia, Zahhak used Raging Nostrum on themselves or Augst in Wild ARMs 4 used an injector to turn himself into a monster ) and you would fight them.

The final dungeon would be the head church building of this group and the head priest would be the final boss ( he would turn into a huge demon with all the souls he collected with his rune or something similar to Safer-Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7), you fight him and the hero speaks to the close one he lost in the begeinning parts of the game las time.

I don't know, but it would be something not done in Suikoden before.
Gen. Dirge

Re:

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Rune of Illusion wrote:I hope they do go back further. I want to see how Hikusaak was before he became head bishop of Harmonia and to see if he abdicated the position or died.
Yes, indeed. People would certainly love the idea of going back hundreds of years into the Suikoden timeline. (Finally, we get to see Hikusaak in action.)

But the first Fire Bringer war would indeed, make a wonderful setting. We might also catch a glimpse of familliar characters.

But I wish they'd tidy it up a bit, and make it more interesting than the previous ones. Hopefully more exciting and enjoyable than S2 (which is my favorite.). Great sounds, graphics, not going over-board with the character design. I doubt that they'd do a remake of S1 or S2....

I dunno.....having a girl for title of 'hero' of a war seems interesting. And the impact on it on the gamers may change....it sounds like a doubtful idea. There's so many speculations involved, and the vast world of Suikoden.....well......(they should try expanding to a whole new region.)
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
lazlo_14

Post by lazlo_14 »

heres an idea
5-10 years after S3 Harmonia is in a civil unrest over da incedent with da recapture of da higheast region and wit da 2nd fire bringers war
the sindars r from da north 2 begin wit and headed south righ, da rune of change retures to original place in da north and new tribe (probable slave class in Harmonia) of ppl instead of headin south, they head farther north, 2 find a peaceful land 2 settle lik their predecessor, fight various forces. Hows dat sounded !!!!!!
MARchenBOY

Post by MARchenBOY »

How about a meeting of all Suikoden heroes?
Suikoden 1:Tir Mcdohl(Ted gave Tir his SoulEater and he commanded the SoulEater to take his soul...so he died.)
Suikoden 2:Riou,Jowy(Nanami could be old at that time so,No)
Suikoden 3:Hugo,Chris,Geddoe,Thomas
Suikoden 4:Lazlo
Suikoden 5:Prince and any other true rune holder(if any)
Suikoden Tactics:Kryil
After all,True runes give its holder eternal life/Youth.
Suikoden Rocks!!!!!!!!!!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Kyril, Jowy and Riou don't have true runes. Thomas doesn't have a true rune either. The prince never had a true rune.

So you've got Lazlo, Tir, Hugo, Chris and Geddoe only.
Tir has already been brought back once. Lazlo has short pants. The other three could each be carrying a different true rune, so that'd be confusing.

Also, we always have 108 stars and that would duplicate Tir and Lazlo's stars if they were both leaders.
MARchenBOY

Post by MARchenBOY »

I thought that the "Bright Shield" rune and the "Black Sword" rune is a true rune......the "Rune of Beginning" is the fusion of both runes...Oh and i forgot to include Sasarai(or did he died)
Suikoden Rocks!!!!!!!!!!
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

it is a true rune and ys they should be imortal even if it is seperated into two piesces. think of leknaat she has only one half of the gate rune. wich by the way would a good storyline for a game
THE RETURN OF WINDY.
where we could finaly see the clash of pesmerga and yuber and finaly learn theyre origin.

or if they do go back in time they should definitly bring back Neclord that would be awesome.
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
Iku

Post by Iku »

theres a topic somewhere answering that question but to bebrief its not a true rune unless its joined with the black sword rune.their only compounants of a true rune not halves!! :wink:
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

but what about leknaat she only has half a rune too and yet shes imortal.
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
MARchenBOY

Post by MARchenBOY »

Oops....i typed wrong...it was supposed to be Sasarai instead of Thomas and Milia(current holder of the "Dragon rune") in Suikoden 1.....Sasarai with his True Earth rune.Oh...and kyril won't be there as he has no true rune... AND the prince does have a true rune..the "dawn rune"....well even if he is the pervious holder,it could be the time that he still has the rune....Mazinkaiser.....This can be ur answer...

http://www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/
Suikoden Rocks!!!!!!!!!!
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

About Kyril... despite him having no true rune, he can appear at future games, since he ages slower than normal humans.

lazlo_14 wrote:5-10 years after S3 Harmonia is in a civil unrest over da incedent with da recapture of da higheast region and wit da 2nd fire bringers war
If they are going to make a game about a civil unrest in Harmonia , it is better to do about the one happened after the Higheast Liberation. If I remember correctly what I´ve read around, Shu provoked a rebellion in Harmonia in the end of the incident.

We know how the higheast rebellion ends, but we don't what happened on the Harmonia´s rebellion. It is a very old Suikoden fan dream to have a game after Suikoden II with lots of characters from that game. (Pilika, Jilia, Jowy, Riou, Hugo´s father, Viktor, Flik, etc...)

If they are doing a game about a civil unrest in Harmonia, I think it is best to get the already mentioned one instead of creating one new.