Storyline WISHLIST!

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
soonket

Post by soonket »

[quote="Jinxx"]That they would please go back to cool looking graphics for the spells, in 3 they looked bad ass in 4...they were horribly cheasy.... in 5 they improved a little but not much.[/quote]

HElla totally AGREE MAN!! really.. im so so disapointed when i play 4, seeing the graphics become so "cheasy" lmao.. hope 6's graphics will be better than 3 to increase the fan base of suikoden..

i think having all HEROES in one suikoden isnt absolutely fanservice... just imagine 26 true runes are revealed and its 13v13 true rune war then left the final last hero to choose sides... that'll be hella cool ahahahahah.. stil pointles?? no? lol..

if the games location are going to be altered into the western continent.. its really hard to imagine how konami bring back the old characters and connect the old countries with it nicely... example like the s4 and s5's overall story isnt really connected to s1 s2 s3... unlike the s1 s2 s3 is quite closely connected which is nice in my opinion..
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!
Shymirror

re: wishlist

Post by Shymirror »

I'd like certain field enemies to be Stars of Destiny, specifically a Holly Boy and a Furball.

I'd like for the full backstories of many of the mysterious characters to be fleshed out for good, i.e. Clive (the sidequest in 2 was still vague and didn't reveal everything), Pesmerga/Yuber, Crowley/Mazus, Killey/Lorelai, Kirke, etc. Also, new mysterious characters with backstories that don't get fleshed out until later installments.

A main character with a drug addiction, one that plagues him for most of the game. Not one of these ABC after school special scenarios where he's addicted for an hour or two and then taught to overcome. I want to see a serious struggle that outlines the consequences of wreckless hedonism.

A country reminiscent of Ireland.

Centaurs, leprechauns, trolls, Striders (raccoon clan), Stalkers (fox clan), imps, a djinn.

A civil war that erupts between the Stars of Destiny due to a mole instigator, possibly ruining the prophecy for one game and forcing you to choose a side within your own army.

The chance to temporarily selfishly run away like in 2, only it raises the difficulty for everything for the rest of the game. Also, there is a bigger margin of loss if you choose to do so, fewer opportunities to recruit new Stars and a stricter time limit imposed on virtually everything you do from that point forward. Make it feel like the greatest blunder you've ever made in the history of gaming.

What if your HQ was set in one of the places that exist outside the normal Suiko world, such as the Land of Wings and Scales? Or the one somewhere on this site that is compared to John Lennon's Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (?).

Blacksmith mini-game, much like the Hai Yo mini-game in 2, only with blacksmiths. You have contests to determine who can make weapons sharper and stronger.
WuYung

Father into the Past

Post by WuYung »

Hey while I'd love to see a forward advancement especiall since 3 left us relatively hanging on what would come in the future, just imagine playing as Hikusaak before Harmonia was established. We'd have so many new characters, and they could do so much with it. Plus, how cool would it be to see where Luc and Sasarai "truly" came from. I really think that Hikusaak would open up a lot of opportunity for expansion of the Suikoden world and I'm sure, bring out more questions.

I do have to admit, Suikoden V, while everything wasn't perfect, brought back a lot of things I love in an RPG. Plus the speed over that of Suikoden III was a much needed improvement. However it would be cool if they could have long animation sequences for the runes, WHILE having a skip option. (similar to that option in FFX). However, I wish they were less hesitant to give a voice to the main character. It was... just really awkward... However if they aimed for going with the new tactic of a voice controlled game (where you can speak for the main character) that would be pretty sweet. I saw some previewed for the PS3 so i know it'll have that technological capability.

Or, we could also go futher into the past and follow Leknaat. Now that would be amazing. However that would probably be the last game so... never mind that idea XD.

Has anyone heard from Konami that the release of Suikoden VI is indefinite?
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

I d like to have the narcissists given a more important role in the game. And if they could somewhat not as ridiculous. Just the way they are, but less exagerated.

They could be the castle/HQ supplier, i d love to have an 17/18th century castle in the next suikoden.
Maskedman

Post by Maskedman »

Now I do not know the plotline til the point I am going for...

Perhaps... with Playstation 3's capabilities... there will come a game (When everything is currently unfolded) and you get to play from the beginning to the end from a completely different character. Through every landscape (Yeah it would be a very BIG game... probably would take a very long time to finish... but it would be fun). And you can recruit every character in the series. Only that you can 108 characters with you. And you would play through chapters... the game could be labeled as "Eternal Suikoden", where you follow the ruler of fate.

Every chapter consists of you getting to a point in frustration because of a curse that has befallen you. You being the first human Rune Bearer in history. Of course it is a True Rune. In every chapter you have to steer fate. You have a great castle in the sky and can obtain wings to fly over the continents later in the game. More and more you would twist the fate of the "chosen" people of the world.

Or it could be the other way around, you are an hero that defies fate and gets you castle etc. etc. and then you fight this "God" in the sky. And that would be the end of the series, when you kill fate ^^ which is a little logical because in every game the characters are told that they are driven by "fate".

I just finished Suikoden 3 (Again) and when you see the descriptions of all the people you can see at Esteela:

"Currently looking for the 109th star"

Hmm... it just occured to me that that could be something in the future.

Mazus, Crowley AND Esteela should have a game centered around them. I mean, Esteela says she defeats Crowley right?
Archer

Post by Archer »

I just finished Suikoden 3 (Again) and when you see the descriptions of all the people you can see at Esteela:

"Currently looking for the 109th star"

Hmm... it just occured to me that that could be something in the future.

Mazus, Crowley AND Esteela should have a game centered around them. I mean, Esteela says she defeats Crowley right?
>.> Slight problem with that one dude. Estella is a pathological liar, which is pointed at quite a bit in Suikoden 3, I'm a little surprised you missed it. Crowley is so far ahead of her I can't even begin to tell you. She's talented but no where near the standards of Crowley or even Mazus for that matter. :3

As for settings for the game...I reaaaaaaally don't think we're going to see the establishment of Harmonia. I can't see Suikoden wasting two games in the same place. Its quite obvious that there will be a game set in Harmonia but its going to be after S3 considering all current events are building up to an important storyline in Harmonia. If they do the establishment its going to be set in the same place and there is very little point in Konami doing two Harmonian games. Perhaps they'll find a clever way around it and deal with two time settings at once or re-tell details of Harmonia passed but I don't really want to see two next-gen titles set in the same place, don't know about you guys. If it were a PS1 title dealing with the same place then thered be a lot of point to it but I doubt Konami are waiting for PS4 to come out just so they can release a second Harmonian game. xD
Maskedman

Post by Maskedman »

>.> Slight problem with that one dude. Estella is a pathological liar, which is pointed at quite a bit in Suikoden 3, I'm a little surprised you missed it. Crowley is so far ahead of her I can't even begin to tell you. She's talented but no where near the standards of Crowley or even Mazus for that matter. :3
Heh ^^ well I actually played from my last save point and finished the game to find out what Luc said in the end. And to see his story. And I think when she said she had won over Crowley I was like "WOAH!" and had her in my party for about 5-10 minutes only to realise she wasn't that good.

Why I brought the stuff up with the 109th Star wasn't because Esteela is Esteela. I brought it up because it could perhaps be something in the future. Who knows? ^^

And just because she is a liar doesn't mean she has not met Crowley right? It could be quite fun to play a game centered around Crowley and Mazus... and then Esteela comes in as a nuisance, being really annoying to Crowley or something :p
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

Well, remember that Estella's lie about Gordius did have a grain of truth to it (it actually exists, an all-male city, but it's nowhere near Alma Kinan, or even on the same continent). So, maybe some of her other lies had grains of truth as well.

Still doubt about the 109th star though, it just doesn't fit the mythology Suikoden is based on.
Maskedman

Post by Maskedman »

Yeah I doubt the 109th star too... but it can still be speculated upon right?

Well, seeing how big the Suikoden world is there will probably be an Online Suikoden. But this isn't the place for talking about online Suikoden.

Anyways, to come back to topic I'll have to add in my wishlist thingy I guess...

A Suikoden game where you play as someone without a true rune. Why? Because the True Runes seems to controll the characters fate. It seems boring, that your character is bound to fate (Well it got a plot like most games so every game is quite much about "fate"... it is just that Suikoden games are imprinted with "fate"). A character that is not bound to fate, though he chooses to defy it.

Or perhaps nothing of the above... perhaps a game where you take the side between Crowley and Mazus, and then you fight through the game at one side. Two endings, one if you are at Mazus side and one if you choose Crowleys side. That would be really neat.
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

Maskedman wrote:A Suikoden game where you play as someone without a true rune. Why? Because the True Runes seems to controll the characters fate. It seems boring, that your character is bound to fate (Well it got a plot like most games so every game is quite much about "fate"... it is just that Suikoden games are imprinted with "fate"). A character that is not bound to fate, though he chooses to defy it.
Well, we already had a few kind-ofs for that one. In 2, the Bright Shield rune wasn't quite a True Rune, but that doesn't fit the rest of what you're describing. In 3, you could play as Luc in the bonus chapters, and he had a True Rune yet was trying to alter fate (apparently they don't bind fate all the time). In 5, the Dawn Rune is a unique rune, though not a True Rune.

However, we did have one hero who had nothing to do with a True Rune: Kyril (from Tactics). Given the following other facts about him, he might be a candidate for what you're proposing:

-He comes from "another world" (well, since his rebirth. His mother was from there anyways, so he's half-disconnected from the regular Suikoden world at any rate)
-He's revealed to have an extremely long lifespan.
-He disappeared at the end of Tactics.
-He hasn't had a star assigned to him yet (could even be a Tenkai, though I doubt it).

Do I see Kyril coming back sometime in a future Suikoden? I'd be more surprised if he didn't. Let's just hope his Swallow rune is more like it was at the end of the game (when it's third ability was unlocked), and less like Richard's.
sundown78

Post by sundown78 »

As far as storylines go, I'd like to see something in between the 15 year gap from Suikoden II and III. There should be at least one good, potential story in there.
kasumis_biggest_fan

Post by kasumis_biggest_fan »

i would like to see more of a sandbox area when it comes to picking your 108 stars, kind of like eresh and euram in V. i enjoyed that aspect a lot that you could choose between characters like that. Also, I don't see why there couldn't be a world war. all of the 27 true runes are going to have to meet up at one point and time or so it would seem. It is almost like the Highlander (of course i talk of part one, because the rest sucked) that means that there can only be one. this does not say the world war theory is out of the question, the player would probably have to pick his favorite protagonist in the series. This would mean that there are going to be at least 26 x 3 endings ( i say this because all the suikodens have multiple endings, 1-5 atleast never played tactics all the way through because i lost my memory card when i got it).

I hope i dont step on too many toes with this idea. Please tell me what you think.
"DRIVE YOU MAD AND KILL YOU ALL" Pennywise the dancing clown
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

surprised no one has mentioned the kingdom of Zelant or the kingdom of Nagarea

these 2 places are the most likely to be explored
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

True, it would be nice to see Zelant and Nagarea. Not to mention Armes too. At least mention the capital city of Armes and I'll be happy.
Baggy

Re: Storyline WISHLIST!

Post by Baggy »

One thing to keep in mind is that every major installment of the series is about a different land. There is overlap for some countries like with SV and going to the island nations briefly, but simply because using the same nation twice would mean the player will have already explored that nation by the second time.

I think Zelant and Nagarea have potential. It would be very interesting to see the Old Armes story, or even the new armes establishment story. I have a strange feeling that the last game (whenever that is) will be about the Sindar race, either way back when they destroyed themselves or maybe some hidden nation where the last of the Sindar live.

Kooluk could be cool, and so could the Northern Outlands. Its hard to think of all of the areas that haven't been explored yet. I don't think they will be going to Harmonia anytime soon, for better or worse, they seem to have shied away from it since SIII.

I wonder if the Suikoden world will ever become a globe and not just a map? How long before we seen the whole planet?