How did you get hooked......on Suikoden?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
cyra_flome

Re: How did you get hooked......on Suikoden?

Post by cyra_flome »

I played Suikoden II first when I was still at the 5th grade.. But at that time, I was so dumb at RPGs, I got stuck at the middle of the game and stopped playing it. Few years later, I was visiting a game shop, I heard someone asking for Suikoden I. I remembered my Suikoden II, and decided to try Suikoden I. Turns out that Suikoden I was kinda easier to play than the second, so I managed to finish the game. I started to like Suikoden ever since I finished the first, and when I finally finished the second, I got hooked up on Suikoden. Now I'm a big fan of it :D
I believe in you..always
Because we shared so much..
-Suikoden2Opening-
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

We actually played S2 before S1.

It happened not long before we first got a PS1. I was just 12 back then....
It just magically appeared out of nowhere on the little coffee table. It looked interesting, so we played it. After taking time to view the opening movie, we were then greeted by the introductory, some dialogues, then the Unicorn Brigade getting attacked, then another set of dialogues, and finally the appearance of Luca Blight.

After that, we got instantly drawn into the world of Suikoden. We demanded more, even after we finished the game, then we played it again and again....we never got bored....we even attempt to play gags on Luca whenever we got the chance to get close.
After that, my little sister's bestfriend gave us the Suikoden 1 game that her brother had. And then we played it, it was enjoyable.....we'd take turns playing it alongside with Valkyrie Profile and FFIX....

"I guess the cover was partly to blame for attracting my attention to it..."
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
dave

Post by dave »

2 was the first I played, and I had been into other rpgs at the time, and thought id check it out, then after that of course I had to play one. I rented 3, but never ended up owning it. As for 4 and tactics, my friend had them at his house and would play them and Id watch, then of course had to play myself. As for 5, I was cleaning my room a couple weeks ago, found it, thought Id plop it in, kinda wondering why I stopped(I think it was because I got Final fantasy). Been playin it ever since.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

I don't really have a long story to tell or well ANY story to tell really... I dunno i just saw it at some store and decided to play it one day... thats about all i can say. >.>
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Allan

Post by Allan »

Similar story to Vince's there. I saw Suikoden II in the local rental store and decided to give it a shot. I spent a lot of money on renting it 'til I bought it for £80. 8) Well worth it though.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

I was eight years old and my stepdad brought over his playstation along with a box of games.
I was playing Diablo first then I got bored, so guess what I did.

Unfortunatly four years later I am still hooked and my S1 disc got scratched somehow. Broke my heart. The game kept stalling.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I was already a pretty big RPG fan at the time. Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy (1, 4, 6), Chrono Trigger...

So when I picked up Suikoden as a rental, I got through half of it the first time around and finished the second half on the second weekend. I only managed to find the game on sale at Zellers for 20$ about five years later.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

oddly enough, a non-friend aquiantance at school walked up to me one day when I was a sophmore in highschool - said "hey, I bet you'd like this game" handed me a copy of Suikoden I - took it home and sure enough, I loved it.

Its nice to think that a random act of kindness brought me to Suikoden ... and of course, each release since then was pre-ordered haha.
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

I used to watch my big brother play video games all the time. And I used to try to play them myself when he wasn't home... He had borrowed Suikoden from a friend. Then he moved out, and I kept Suikoden. His friend never got the game back.. haha. But one day my nephew broke the disc into pieces so I ordered another one from ebay.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I was little and I didn't know what the heck I was doing the whole time. I beat the game, didn't remember a single thing, never read anything it said in the game, and yea =)
Nick Bruiser
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Haha nice. Same with me too. I was eight and my sister was playing it. It was funny because she is three years older than me and I beat Neclord before her. I was laughing the whole time. :D :P :) :wink: :mrgreen: :twisted: :lol: :cry:
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
MechMedic

Post by MechMedic »

I rented Suikoden I from a local store when I was like 14 or so and enjoyed it quite a bit. Eventually I rented it so much that they asked me if I wanted to buy it instead of just constantly renting the darn thing. Cost me $10.

I didn't even realize they were making a Suikoden II(but I was constantly wondering if they would), and found it completely by accident. I was going to some music store in the mall to buy a Guster CD when I was like 17, and I figured I'd see what games they had. I saw the stratagy guide for it first and went nuts and started sifitng through the games looking for it. Took that bad boy home and didn't put it down until 4am and jammed out to my Guster CD. Now oddly enough everytime I here a Guster song I immediately think about Suikoden, lol.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Damn, I was late. I've never even heard of the series until III, when my friend got it for Christmas. I ended up borrowing it and beating it before her (to this day I don't think she ever beat it, nor has she picked up a title besides III). Thanks to her I became hooked and bought the rest of the series.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

My home was locked at that time, so I went to my cousin's house in the neighborhood. There his sister was playing Suikoden 2, fighting a certain boss which pawned her several times. Guess who is the boss.

She still trying when finally it's time to go home. The personality and the power the boss shown give a memorable experience. So when I have my own PS1, you know what I played.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Mustang wrote: Guess who is the boss.
Luca Blight?!