What is Yuber

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
Jodan

What is Yuber

Post by Jodan »

ok this has been bugging me for too long
what is yuber
he goes on and on about not being human
"stupd humans"
"weak Humans"
"im glad im not human"
"i hate humans"
ETC. you get the point so if hes not human what is he is he some kind of rune incarnated into a humanoid shape. or is he some sort of humunculus of some Wizard "ahem" sorry rune majic reserchers experiment

im aware that this may have been answerd elsewhere but im tired of lurking
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

No one knows. Try using the search engine for "Yuber" you'll see dozens upon dozens of topics about him. Read around to get the various opinions. But there is no actual answer, he's kept purposely vague. And it seems like Konami has decided to dump him and Pesmerga entirely based on IV and V.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

Many thingks that yuber and pesmerga has something to do about sword and shield.
I look better in black armor and you know it!
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Yuber is by far on of the most interesting and intriguing characters in the entire Suikoden series. And why you say because nobody knows anything about him. The conflict with pesmerga although you never see it materialise, is also one of the most interesting sub plots the guys at Konami have ever come up with. Oppemheimer is right just type it in search and just see how many wanna know, cause I have'nt any idea.

Sorry
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

The best theory I have read about this was that Yuber is a monster from another dimension. I will explain.

As you probably know, there are many different dimension in Suikoden, among them is the world of emptiness, where all monsters come from. As the dragon rune allows dragons to exist in the world, Yuber's rune would allow monsters to exist as well.

In Suikoden III, we see that Yuber has high affinity with monsters. He also look a lot like a common random monster in Suikoden (I forgot its name) and his attacks are the same (teleport and appear behind).

So I find the best speculation to see him as a monster summoned from another dimension, he would be the same as Kyril and Yohn from Suikoden tactics.
Last edited by Rezard on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Was'nt there a theory that Yuber was the incarnation of the Eightfold Rune simular to how the Star Dragon Sword is supposedly the Night Rune incarnate. There are many theories ranging from Yuber being Pessy's brother to Pessy being Yuber's conciense. Its all weird and I cant wait for this chapter of Suikoden to resolve itself. Should be fun.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Rezard wrote:The best theory I have read about this was that Yuber is a monster from another dimension. I will explain.

As you probably know, there are many different dimension in Suikoden, among them is the world of emptiness, where all monsters come from. As the dragon rune allows dragons to exist in the world, Yuber would rune allows monsters to exist as well.

In Suikoden III, we see that Yuber has high affinity with monsters. He also look a lot like a common random monster in Suikoden (I forgot its name) and his attacks are the same (teleport and appear behind).

So I find the best speculation to see him as a monster summoned from another dimension, he would be the same as Kyril and Yohn from Suikoden tactics.
I think that this is the best theory. I believe that Yuber was summoned from another world, and like all summoned monsters, he is call upon to fight the battles of others. Yuber has appeared in three different wars with nothing to gain personally except for the joy of bloodshed, and once the fighting is over, he simply vanishes.

This theory also explains Pesmerga. If Yuber was summoned and given the Eightfold Rune, then maybe since he's not human, he's able to overpower the true will of the rune. The Eightfold Rune is supposedly meant to represent the desire for harmony and peace. Perhaps Pesmerga is an incarnation of the rune's desire to right Yuber's wrongs and bring harmony and peace.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

I think the monster you're referring to was a Mirage
Sid

Post by Sid »

[Content removed by Red Killey]
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

i cant let that go yuber is too cool to take that kind of crap
plus sexual preferance dosnt show yourspecies if your a gay man your still a man. stay on topic
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

I think there has to be more to it than just being summoned for these wars XD..I didn't understand why he wasn't wearing his armor in III though?
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I always figured that when the silverburgs summoned Yuber that the process of the summoning was something Yuber could'nt turn down. Maybe its a way to call to the eightfold rune and Yuber leaves when they are distracted or there contract is broken. You never know really do you? I cant wait for the power of the eightfold rune to be revealed though. It would be an unusual twist if you found out how yuber is summoned and made him join the good side. I know this was done in Suiko 3 but nothing new was revealed.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

From various resources, the most I can conjour up is that Yuber, is from another dimension/world, mainly the world of emptiness? I'm not sure if this information is correct, but isn't that where monsters/demons dwell? Though none of my calculations can be proven, because konami hasn't release that information out yet. Perhaps Yuber is, or was human? who knows, maybe the hachifusa/eightfold has that ability on its host. But obviously his ability to summon a bone dragon (S2) and the mirages he had in his arsenal (S5) may indicate that he's a being of the world of emptiness, just a thought. No one really knows sadly.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

u mean he was a human like sierra, and turned into this world of emptiness because of the powers of the eighfold?

could be, but repeat the same history of sierra another time sounds stupid to me..
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Might be stupid, but you never know with Konami. Yuber is a complete mystery, just a pack of speculations and theories. But some arrows point that he isn't human, that he probably isn't from this world, he possesse some super-human attributes, like his speed and agility. Rather this was a translation error, but in S2 wasn't he not too fond of true runes? Hopefully we'll get more information in the future installments and hope that Konami just doesn't dump them and not tell anything about them.