Help for Nanami's costume!!

A forum for non-Suikoden related topics.
Mikagami_Mifuyuu

Help for Nanami's costume!!

Post by Mikagami_Mifuyuu »

If I've posted at the wrong place, please feel free to poke me with sharp pointy objects. XD

I'm going to cosplay Nanami from Suikoden II in December and need to start thinking about the costume. There's just this kinda minor problem though.

Seen a lot of pics and photos online and it seems that Nanami's costume - or at least a part of it - looks red at times (like in the opening and some pictures) but at times it looks pink. Cosplayers tend to go with pink, but I've seen a number of cosplayers going with red too.

Sooo...pink, or red?

...help? ><;
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

I've always thought of her costume as pink >.>;;; as I've never seen it red before...
Mikagami_Mifuyuu

Mikalakatov wrote: I've never seen it red before...
If you look at this it's clearly red. There's another pic of Nanami in the Suikoden II gallery in the Konami site and her outfit there is red, too.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Based on the RGB of that image, that color is closest to what is called "Deep Pink," which is sort of in the middle of red and pink, but more reddish.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I think her clothes looks pink, but not too light pink. So maybe a bit of a lighter version from "Deep Pink" would be accurate enough.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Mikagami_Mifuyuu wrote:
Mikalakatov wrote: I've never seen it red before...
If you look at this it's clearly red. There's another pic of Nanami in the Suikoden II gallery in the Konami site and her outfit there is red, too.
Still looks pink to me, maybe your computer's color things are off a bit? or too high? I have no way to change that on my computer so everything looks to me as if it does in pictures outside of the computer. Also, in my all of the Suikoden books I have, her clothes are pink.
Mikagami_Mifuyuu

O_o *prints out stuff while she washes eyes and puts eyedrops* Nooooo, it still looks red in that pic to me. *wonders if she's going colour blind* Oh well.

Ok, I think I'll try something similar to "Deep Pink". If I can find something similar, that is. I can't seem to find a very wide range of colours for the types of cloth that I'm looking at...=_=; Might have to go with super light pink (bleugh) or medium red in the end. Darned lack of variety.

Thanks for all the responses, didn't expect to get so many actually. =D
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

You can also try to dye the cloth if needed to match up the color that you want.

To me, that picture looks more red than pink. But at the same time, it's not as red as normal red. So "Deep Pink" seemed to be accurate as well. I just think that Nanami's color is somewhere between "Pink" and "Deep Pink".
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Fudce

Post by Fudce »

it's Peach, definitly Peach
Another post from that weirdo with the F avatar...

Signed, 'F'
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

It looks like a dark pink to me,but also the picture has different colors of pink,like the left side is a light pink and the right is a darker pink.